Static X Motorsports

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by gtaccord, Aug 19, 2009.

1. gtaccord

gtaccord Member

I ordered some stuff from them assuming that I would have the same good experience I have had with every other Subaru vendor I have tried in the last year. Boy was I wrong.

I finally received my merchandise today after placing the order 5 weeks ago and being charged 2 weeks ago. I called and emailed multiple times. At first my phone calls were answered with excuses and promises. First the sales guy was on his honeymoon for 2 weeks and so orders couldn't be processed. Then their server had went down and had to be replaced. At this point I was finally charged for my order and so I figured progress was being made and it was over. I wasn't really upset as I thought these were legitimate excuses.

Then my order never shipped. Six days later I called and asked to speak to the sales manager (also owner) who didn't answer so I left him a voice mail and I also sent him an email asking for confirmation that my order was being processed etc. I waited two days and got no response so I called back on last Wednesday, Thursday and then Friday. I got no answer. Finally on Monday I called again and still did not get an answer. At this point I emailed again. Finally the owner responded to me and apologized and said he would take care of getting my order shipped that day. I did not have high hopes but he did end up coming through and I received my order today.

I thought maybe that this was a rare occurrence but I did a little research on the vendor review forums and iwsti and nasioc and it looks like I am not the only one that has had this problem. From the looks of it I am lucky that I got my order at all.

So anyway I guess you just need to be aware that if you order from them you will may need to remind them that they have your money and you need your stuff.

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

wow...that sucks. I've never heard of them before...what did you buy?

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Sorry to hear that.

What did you order?

4. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

Next time order from us so worst case you can come up here and punch Decker on the face ;)

Just kidding, everybody loves Decker and he handles the parts AMAZINGLY efficiently. You always have either tracking or an update within 24 hours :)

5. Trey

Trey Active Member

Is Robert still the owner? I met him back in 2004-5 maybe. Nice guy...maybe 18-19 y/o then. He came over to SoG for a tune and was thinking about starting his own company which ended up being Static-X. Great idea but I think dreams vs. reality can bite you in the ass in terms of running a business. He was all about it being a Christian run company too.

6. Alex

I remember him...and I remember their reputation falling apart.

7. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

That's what you get for ordering Car Parts from a Rock Band. j/k, Sorry about the experience. I went through a similar situation ordering an exhaust through Rallyperformance.com a few years ago. Took 6 months for them to ship everything off finally.

As said by others, take advantage of our great vendors. They are all local, so when shit goes wrong, at least you can show up and get in their faces. Much more effective than a phone call in my opinion.

8. gtaccord

gtaccord Member

I wouldn't have ordered from them except that I bought their turbo blanket and downpipe wrap kits which I couldn't get elsewhere for the price. I know that I could have bought the generic kits from summit or whatever but paying half as much to get just what I need made it worth it, or so I thought.

Their kits were as advertised and I already have my dp wrapped and ready to go on. I will have pics up in my journal this weekend.

9. Alex

Well that's great to hear!

10. gtaccord

gtaccord Member

Yes, finally the power will be mine!!!

11. Alex

Power like ARC Power?

12. gtaccord

gtaccord Member

Maybe with a little less engrish.

13. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

14. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

HA! I just noticed that he looks like a young Dan Akroyd with a stupid beard and a stupider haircut.