Holeman & Finch Public House

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by slowwrx, Aug 28, 2009.

1. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Just got back Ill post a full review tomorrow. But heres what we had

Cheese Plate, Sausage Plate, Steak Tartare, Bone Marrow and Bread, Deviled Eggs, Crunch Gentelman(ham and cheese), Veal Balls(yes those balls), and the Hamburger.

It was amazing, the Bartender Evan is amazing, no vodka drinks only old fashioned mixed drinks which I think its safe to say most people have never experinced. Its a must try, my new favorite spot in Atlanta.

Also I am hammered so if anything has been mispelled or I forgot a comma,...??///.., EAT A DICK

2. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

You mean they may know what Harvey Wallbangers are?

I looked at their menu. It looks good although I'm not into
    organ meats or sweetbreads.

3. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

how were the hamburgers? only reason I want to go

I've been thinking about trying to book a trip to el bulli

4. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

El Bulli would be the most awesome and baller vacation. Sooooo jealous lol

I've been meaning to go to H&F

5. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Your Mom's House)

If you want to make it the ultimate baller vacation, you would eat at the top 3...first going to WD-50 and Alinea, before flying to elBulli. Good luck getting reservations for the same week or two. Maybe if you book now for sometime in 2011?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  6. slowwrx

It is truly the best burger in atlanta, even the mustars and catsup are hamemade. Thats why we originally went but all the food is outstanding. The tartare is the best I have ever had by a long shot. The cheeses were local and very tasty. The Charcuterie plate was very good as well and all of the meats are done in house. The Bone Marrow was awesome, Its one of my favorite things but its got to be the least healthy thing you can put in your mouth. The Ham and Cheese was...Ham and Cheese and while it was really good I wouldn't order it again. The Deviled eggs I didn't try as I'm just not a deviled egg fan and there were only three of them. The others seemed to enjoy them. The veal balls were very good but its still hard to get past the idea that you are eating a cows nuts. I was concerned that the guys that were with me were going to balk at this point but they booth jumped right in and tried them. Once you get it through your head that people everywhere have been eating this stuff from the beggining of time and its not going to kill you, it becomes a lot more enjoyable.

Sorry for the short reply my wrist is still killing me.

7. slowwrx

Have you watched Decoding Feran Adria

Very Interesting, also the Spain episode of No reservations is great.

Spain is the next big trip for me and the wife I think.

8. slowwrx

WD-50....I have weird dreams about that place. I also really want to go to French Laundry.

9. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

10. slowwrx

Wylie is just such a cool guy, not your typical chef at all.

ON A SIDE NOTE>

Wes(Calmnothing) and I are headed back to Holman and Finch right now to get some food. We will be at the bar by 830 ish....come on down and join us if you want. Thats an invite for everyone.

11. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Yes we're fatties.....god i love food lol

12. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

fixed that for ya!

13. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

yep, seen both

14. slowwrx

wow....it was so good again.....total menu domination