Restaurant Review: Marietta Diner

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SonicBoom, Sep 4, 2009.

1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Wow, is this place awesome. Really wish I would have known about this place years ago. Everything, and I mean everything was awesome. The menu is friken huge and its served 24hours as far as I've been told. A dinner for 3 was $78 plus tip, and that includes a few glasses of vino. The portions are massive... I consider myself a glutton, and I couldn't come close to finishing. Right as you sit down, you are served fresh baked bread and something called Spanakopita (Spinach Pie).. which is awesome(even though I'm not a huge spinach fan). Then you get soup and salad too.. Every main course ordered was awesomegreatwin, and again, huge portions. Then you get to desert that you have zero room for, but order anyways, because you've been staring at the desert treasure trove since you walked in the door. 2 giant showcases of cake, cheesecake etc.. which all look delecious. Check it out people! I'm linking the ginormous menu for you guys to peep... Its on Cobb Parkway just south of the big chicken..

http://www.mariettadiner.net/pages.php?PID=menu

2. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Yep it's one of my favorites. It's close by and you can get a lot of really good food for cheap. THey've been featured on Foodnetwork a couple times.

3. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

one of my favorite places in the city to go eat!

4. Jake

Jake Active Member

the only 3 times ive been it was pretty good, a little greasy but what you'd expect. the same owners also own the marietta seafood company (canton rd) and pasta bella (austell rd, disgustingly greasy).

funny thing is, the owners are neither american nor italian, their greek assholes lol

5. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I didn't find it greasy at all... maybe it was just the foods we chose..

6. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

fixed that for you.

They also own a steak restaurant.

7. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah i knew that couldnt remember the name.

cherokee cattle company (canton rd).

and yeah you're probly right. they are mob~esque

my roomate's g/f worked at pasta bella for a few years, said they were all sleazeballs and always hit on her...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  8. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Yeah, the owner was very Don Corleone'esqe.... We joked that it looked as if he good snap his fingers and 2 goons would appear out of nowhere...

9. Jake

Jake Active Member

rumor is stuff like this happened(s)...

10. Shewb

Shewb Member

Is that Cherokee Cattle Company?

11. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah my bad

12. Deke

Deke Active Member

I've only eaten there once and thought it was a cool place. It's one of those things where I don't ever see myself craving it, but I would definitely eat there again.

13. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Its good at 2am....

14. ballistic

ballistic Member

baklava cheese cake is real good there.
    especially at 2am

15. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Maybe my tastes are not as picky as some... Not like its fine dining or anything, but I think its much better than 2am drunk food. On par or better than restaurants in the same price range.... I can't afford a $30 hamburger like some on this site :)

16. slowwrx

I like it, I just only eat there at 2am.

17. Jake

Jake Active Member

it is the Ball's Waffle House

18. slowwrx

Yes it is, that and Tofu House 88

Oh and the last burger I reviewed was 10 bucks

19. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ Was only joking with my $30 burger comment btw... hope no offense was taken..

20. slowwrx

lol non taken

21. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Pfffffft Ball is a baller....