Looking for a Job???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by techlord, Sep 9, 2009.

1. techlord

techlord Active Member

I have not been able to confirm and could not find anything on their website BUT many of the union guys said they are looking to hire better than a 1000 union jobs. I am also not sure if all are here in Marietta or in the other sites both main sites and the feeder plants. I was also told they are looking to do this by the end of October.

While I cannot verify the validity of this I know despite the winding down of the F22 program ALL other programs are doing VERY well.

Anyways perhaps you can dig deeper go to local709.org and check it out.

2. techlord

techlord Active Member

Can a mod move this to off topic...what a noob!

3. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

aircraft machinists?

guy I work with used to be a machinist at lockheed

4. techlord

techlord Active Member

5. techlord

techlord Active Member

Okay guys I got more info, first they are hiring about 20-50 hourly workers a week for the forseeable future. They plan to tripple the C130 output from 12-15 to 32-36 units a year. While it is a union job and information can be found at the site listed above.

To apply you must go to lockheedjobs.com.

Here is the important part:
    The system scans resumes for keywords so the verbage you use in your resume is paramount if you want to be considered or even seen. Such words the biggest one is anything to do with aircraft if you have any experience put that in your resume!
    other words technical, mechanical, electrical, etc...If you have a technical degree even a 2yr it is a plus.

Once you apply if you wish send me a pm and I will do my best to have it pulled for consideration...I know people. ;)

Also I see every salaried employee's computing needs and can tell you they are hiring those positions as well although the corporate expectations are going to be a bit higher.

6. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

this would be a nice straight ticket to middle class life for you starving artist bums on here that don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. might learn something also

7. Jake

Jake Active Member

lol, the problem with those starving artist bums is they don't have technical, mechanical, or electrical experience or 2-4yr degrees (or any degrees perhaps). I don't think its that easy to just up and join a union. you usually have to have a talent, skill, or trade already down pat before they let you just sign up.

someone correct me if im wrong here but this would be for people with EXPERIENCE in one of those fields, not just some joe schmo off the street (like me) who has only worked retail jobs.

8. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Wait, which one do I #2 with? They didn't teach me that in art school.

I can, however, make a hell of a paper airplane. And even make the paper, too.

9. Mindspin311

Mindspin311 Member

Can you help and unemployed mechanical engineer get a job at Lockheed? :sx::sx:

10. techlord

techlord Active Member

not until you apply and send me your full name so I can have it pulled.

Oh, just to let everyone know lockheedjobs.com is an aweful site, that combined with the sheer amount of available jobs across all sites and LM business units makes searching for jobs a job in itself.

11. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

you don't say?

just trollin'. thanks for playing

12. techlord

techlord Active Member

truth of the matter is they are going to teach you everything you need to know but they are going to look for experience who wouldn't, prior military is also a plus.

Look it is not only building birds, if we were locked in and couldn't get out we could survive for months if not years. Onsite is an auto mechanic shop, hospital, fire, security, sanitization, you name it and it is there. as the population of assemblers increases so does everything else.

Basically they need a fuck ton of heads to fill spots and the backlog of c130's alone will take 4-6 years to build and lots of other stuff I am not entirely sure I can speak of is/may be coming. Eventually they will have to lower the standards to fill positions.

13. Goose013

Goose013 Member

Great, can't wait until then... lol
    Unemployed as of last Tuesday but sadly no mechanical degree. Although I am a big fan of GT and can take apart a car. Does that count?

14. techlord

techlord Active Member

its building a plane and they will teach you everything. Its all about will the automated system pull your resume. Get creative with it, submit to a few jobs, change it up, submit to a few more.