Stupid craigslist people piss me off!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Raziel1, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Raziel1

Raziel1 Member

..and the email goes

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
    ** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
    ** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
    ** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

hi my name is latrice and i wanted to know if u dnt sell your car can i have it because i really need a car badly! i just had a baby not to long ago and i dnt have that much money to get a car and im also trying to go to college this month so i really need a car so if you can u help me out please

My reply...

Sure, I'm going to give u a $14,000.00 car for free. Not because I enjoy performing random acts of kindness, oh no, but because I'm a crazy nut with nothing to live for but to give strangers free cars.Would you like me to continue to pay the car note and insure it for you as well? Its the least I can do u know. Tell you what, come over and pick up the car whenever you like and I'll also throw in free Shell gas card so that you wont ever have to worry about gas.
    Come see me!

2432 GETDAFUKOUTA HERE
    KRAZYBITCH, GA 30661

2. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nice. :clap:

3. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

lol nice touch with the address

4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

It would be slightly less rediculous if you were selling a $200 beater... but that is just retarded...

5. K. Marx

K. Marx Member

Why are you coming down so hard on her? I'm mean, she just had a baby!

Seriously, though, Craigslist makes me lose faith in the overall intelligence of mankind. (Not that I had much beforehand.)

Your case kind of reminds me of when I was selling a 1998 C43 AMG for my brother a few years ago. I probably had over a dozen people asking if I would personally provide a "payment plan" for them on a 17,000 dollar car.

When I told one woman that it wasn't possible, she yelled, "BUT I GO TO CHURCH DOWN THE STREET FROM YOU!"

Idiots.

6. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

yea i dont know how i'd feel about having her on the boards, she'd probably beg for parts

"hi my name is latrice, and i was wondering if you would give me your cat back exhaust, i really need it. I HAVE A BABY!"

7. FACE

FACE Active Member

Yeah I posted up some wheels yesterday and got 12 responses just like that with in 30 min...

Common sence is not so common

and yes nice touch with the address :rofl:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  8. Jake

Jake Active Member

fixd for joo ;)

and yeah lol at craigslist

its amzing the people that try to sell things and have no mileage, condition, pictures, or information.

like "2003 cbr runs good"

no phone number, whether its a 600 or 1000, miles, location, price, anything...

9. techlord

techlord Active Member

lol but it is still one of my favorite places to shop.

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

You guys get crap like that because you live in the middle of drug/loser/prosecute/get a life ville USA.

When I was last down I took a wrong turn after we left the Taco Mac meeting and MAN was I in the dumps. Had crack heads yelling for me to pull over and I was honestly very nervous that I was gonna get jacked by some loser needing their next fix. Had the gun sitting in my lap until I got out of that place!

11. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

I lived in downtown for 5 years... and ive never been to anyplace like that

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I don't even know where I was. All I know was I wanted to get the heck out of there. Found I-285 and got out.

13. K. Marx

K. Marx Member

Based on my experience, downtown Atlanta can be okay... it's actually the area on the fringes of Atlanta proper that can be really seedy. Come hang out with me in East Point.

There is a square area of about two blocks in each direction of my house that is okay. Drive very far off the main drag, though, and it's probably about as close to Hell as you'll want to get. We get some majorly seedy foot traffic by my house... just last May I had to come out and almost kill a guy because he was trying to kick through my fence. Last Saturday I had to draw a gun and tell a crack addict to step back off of my front porch. Granted, he just "Wanted to know if there was any work I needed done," but the crackheads should know better than to just march up on my porch when I'm trying to relax.

Regardless, I only mention the above because I do think that the Craigslist experience has a lot to do with where you live. I grew up in the sticks of Northeast Tennessee, and while there were crazy rednecks up there, I never had to put up with the insanity I see at my current address. It's partly my fault- I took a gamble and bought in an area that was "up and coming," but the economy tanked and everything went downhill.

My wife grew up here... I'm glad I'm with her, and I'm glad that I'm really close to where I work. It's hard not to get painfully homesick, though.

14. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

K. Marx I was just up in your old stomping grounds or nearby this past weekend. Rode the Harley all around Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, Sieverville, Deal's Gap, and all the surrounding places. Beautiful up there right now and so peaceful.

Okay back on topic.....Craigslist here in SC isn't bad at all. I'm on it constantly looking for deals. My parents just bought a Pathfinder off CL for dang cheap.