Hello from Augusta

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MrVito, Sep 12, 2009.

1. MrVito

MrVito Member

Hi all, I'm Don, and I recently acquired my 02' from another WRXAtlanta member, I know that a few of you should be familiar with her. I can't wait to Auto-x this thing, it still amazes me how much more planted these cars feel after getting out of the 240 or the RX-7

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

welcome! i'm donnie

3. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Welcome aboard

4. El_Diablo

El_Diablo Member

Hey man. I'm in Augusta too. Welcome!

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Welcome to the community :wavey:

6. Jake

Jake Active Member

welcome!

7. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Welcome to the site. What all do you have done to the car?

8. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Hmmm....that's Jeff's car.

9. MrVito

MrVito Member

Put gas in it and ordered a new headunit, I'm very happy with the way the former owner set up the car, and she's my DD.

"was" Jeff's car, great guy though!

10. Slow Hatch

Slow Hatch Member

Welcome. Nice looking wrx, like the wheels:wavey:

11. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Great looking car!!!

And I know you're tempted, but don't "launch" it until you read up on exactly how to do so, and what happens if you do it wrong. When I got my first WRX I wanted to sooooo bad and I'm glad I didn't now that I know more about it. I would have spent $4-6K in 2 seconds.

12. Deke

Deke Active Member

Welcome to the site. I don't live there anymore, but Augusta is my home town.

13. MrVito

MrVito Member

Thanks for the positive comments. I've actually been driving others WRX's and STi's (including at the strip for them) for quite a while. Honestly, with the cars current output and mileage I'm concerned about the trans, so I'm very gentle with the shifting, and have no "launches" planned for her, I'm perfectly happy running folks down in 2nd or 3rd when need be. I have noticed that in this car, i don't really feel any need to prove how fast she is, like i did with my 240's, RX-7's, and my old Galant VR-4. Speaking of which, i need to throw my 95 240SX up on ebay, b/c 240atl is full of tire kickers :)