Petit Le Mans Subie Corral this year?

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by xcritic, Aug 8, 2009.

1. xcritic

xcritic Member

Anybody got any word if we are going to be able to get a car corral this year at the petit le mans?

2. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Dont know, but i went last year in my friend's ride. This year, I'm def gonna take my STi down there because you'll come across some sick rides on the highway

3. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I doubt there will be a coral but the rv will be parked at turn 7 again.

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

No corral, but I strongly encourage you to come visit the RV :D

5. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I will be stoping by again.............

6. 2thAche

2thAche Member

I'll be there again w/ my bro-in-law (another STi driver in D.C.)

7. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

we camp in the same spot every year, too. in the woods, in the middle, near the esses. can't wait!

8. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I should be there agian this year to watch the Jetta TDI cup. I'll swing by the RV and shoot the shit with you guys.

9. Mindspin311

Mindspin311 Member

Unless you drive a high priced car that is represented in the race, its doubtful that IMSA will have a car corral set up for you.

Ill be there, up by the bath house by T5.

10. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

we've done it a couple times. :)

11. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

never really saw the point of representing my $22,000 car next to the ferraris and porsches

12. Bolderer

Bolderer Member

Uhhhh, cause it's fun. I remember in 06 we had a pretty good turnout i the suby car coral. I guess those days are long gone tho.

13. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

we have some other cool stuff planned this year. probably time to make a thread

14. CHATT_STI

CHATT_STI Member

any good meets

15. schneid

schneid Member

I missed it last year and I vow to make it this year. I plan to have a pretty nice setup

16. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I just picked up an infocus projector from techlord. I figure a screen on the side of the rv and we will have a nice theater setup.

17. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I need to call you and discuss some stuff. wagunz_pwn and I were planning on setting up two projectors, two PCs with wheels and race chairs for some heads up racing action

oh, and roasting a whole pig. :coolugh:

18. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I'll bring a projector as well.

We NEED to figure out food and who all will be coming.

19. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

We will also need a generator. The rv has one but I don't know when I'll have time to fix it. It runs ok but if you put the kind of load we are talking about on it , it will stall.

20. 2thAche

2thAche Member

What game are you going to run?

21. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

probably GRR:Evo or rFactor. I have GTR2 also

mike I can probably bum us a generator from someone @ work. did our spot move? there are also some electrical outlets down in the skidpad...

22. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I got the spot info last night. I haven't opened it yet to see where we're at.

I'll check it tonight and start a new thread for it.

23. Vektra

Vektra Member

missed last year, cant wait for this year. my suby is long gone :( but my dad and I will be there in his MR2 turbo.

24. 2thAche

2thAche Member

Cool. I'm starting to get in the ALM mood!

So are there only 3 classes running? No GT1 right?

25. K. Marx

K. Marx Member

^^^

Yes... No GT1 entries this year (at least none that I am aware of).

GT2 is going to be awesome, though, and a welcome change from the lameness of Corvette running a class all by themselves. This will make my fourth year attending, and now that Audi has promised to come it looks like this race may be the best in a pretty good while.

I'm going up on Thursday evening, and plan to try and stick around until Sunday morning. This is a first for me, as I usually come on Sat. morning. I see lots of beer in my future.

I'm gonna come by the skidpad again this year so I can annoy some of you. If ya'll see a, um, "big boned" guy with a blue wagon and gray SPT wheels near the woods at the bottom of the esses, feel free to come have a drink or just shoot the sh*t.

26. Matt

Just found out a driver I worked with at Subaru in 03 is racing in Mazda Atlantic Championships. It will be good to catch up with him! We all need to root for him. :)

27. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I just found out I need to be there all day and attend a dinner for the Jetta TDI drivers.

28. Matt

extra tix? :D

29. 2thAche

2thAche Member

Yea GT2 is the thing to watch. Even BMW is back.

30. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i just figured out i'm missing it AGAIN this year. For a kick ass reason, though.
    The Stone Mountain Chili Cook-off is that day. And, being the reigning chili champion from last year, i guess i'll have to choose chili over cars.

So, if you can't make it to the race, come by St. Mnt. Park and vote for my chili. So Fine Bovine! i promise, it's kick ass chili!

Butt, the Butthole Surfers are playing @ the Masquerade Saturday night, so that'll make all things better.

Chili, the Butthole Surfers and the Petit Le Mans all on the same day. go ATL!

31. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

BBQ Dinner?

32. Matt

bump it up....any plans?

33. Mindspin311

Mindspin311 Member

Ill be there with a few friends that I always go with. Camping up by T5 bathhouse area. Ill be there in my LGT, possibly an 06-07 STi will be parked next to me. Feel free to stop in.

34. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

maybe I can take someone special

35. pankopp

pankopp Member

Oh... Pick me! Pick me!!! It would look better on you if you brought a fellow VW owner, you know...

36. Matt

I'm a FORMER owner....

:D

37. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

ladies don't fight maybe I can take both of you. Arm candy, one for each arm

38. pankopp

pankopp Member

I guess that would work... lol

39. Meredith

Meredith Banned

If there is any interested for goint to the ARRC (American Road Race of Champions) next month AR SCCA is setting up car corrals for the event. Mini Club, Porsche Club, Covette Club have already signed up for corrals, car clubs also get a discounted ticket rate.

40. Matt

I'll be there....working :)

41. K. Marx

K. Marx Member

I'd be down for that! I'm 99% sure I have that weekend free, and I've been wanting to see that race for a while.

42. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Hey you need someone for a reach around? I would love an extra tix:) Tom said he will not fart in your seat the next time he is tuning your car if you give me a tix:)

43. Mindspin311

Mindspin311 Member

Someone just get some extra pass-outs. Easy access!!

44. techlord

techlord Active Member

So whats the deal here, what days is the RV going to be there, when is the rollout, etc...

I have never been but plan to be there at least one day for all the fun.

45. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

There should be a thread up regarding all of that soon.

46. Mindspin311

Mindspin311 Member

Ill be arriving Tuesday around noon-ish

47. Matt

but it's a wednesday through saturday event...

48. Mindspin311

Mindspin311 Member

gates open up Tuesday at 6 or 7pm. 1st shot at camping spots ftw!

49. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I'll be rolling up there with the rv on Thursday. If you are going to come I would suggest coming out on Friday.