Article I found about our cars on my work information site

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ~The_Duke~, Sep 24, 2009.

1. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I figured you guys were like to read this since it pretains to our cars...

2. lowflyingwrx

lowflyingwrx Member

You wouldnt happen to work for State Farm would you?

3. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Maybe... :naughty:

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

This is one of those things that I find hard to draw decent comparisons from because production quantity is not referenced within the note. It is semi-hinted at with regards to the "sports cars". Surprise, surprise, the lower production and more expensive cars are driven less than a $25,000 Japanese automobile?

And for reference, Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky are extremely craptastic with regards to safety. I cannot believe that they have any sort of positive ranking when it comes to accidents.

5. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

the whole industry is a scam, news at 11

6. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Just met with my insurance guy a few weeks ago. I inquired about lowering my STI's rates.. He said that on the rating system they use (forget what its called), the STI is a 29 when most cars are are 15-20. He told cars like the Corvette Z06 & Dodge Viper are cheaper to insure. Horsepucky....

7. techlord

techlord Active Member

^^Yeah I got something very similar, my wrx is rated at a 24 for Liberty Mutual and I asked about an STI and it was a 26. Higher being more expensive, but I have no clue what that # means I just assumed it was an internal thing. But yeah the guy said a vette was rated the same as my wrx.

8. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

The STi believe it or not to most insurance companies is under 'exotic sports car' rating. We have similar insurances rates to porsches and high end BMWs...

9. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

That is the exact reason why I dont have insurance with my own company, I pay about 1400 for an entire year with liberty mutal, They want to charge me $2200 for 6 months of coverage...

10. Well.. didn't know the tC ranked so bad... now I know why when I traded it in for a WRX my insurance rate dropped $3/month. We haven't really felt our car insurance to be too high. We go through Allstate who also insures our house.. we get a lot of discounts so I don't know if that helps out or not.

11. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Ya that is how you get good rates with the larger companies is mutli-line discounts. I only insure 1 car, but as soon as I get a house that will be one of those multi-line action things going on.

12. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I believe that Milo is paying a lot less to insure his Vette than he did to insure either his WRX or STi.

I agree with Alex 100%. How many Ford Five Hundreds are on the road compared to Subaru Imprezas. Further, how many teenagers or young adults drive a Ford Five Hundred as opposed to Subaru Impreza.

The Scion tC stats do not surprise me. The tC seems like a car to get for your just turned 16 child that just got their license. I would like to know where the Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla rank in the HLDI.

13. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Believe it or not, my WRX is cheaper to insure than my old Integra…

14. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Integra's were one of the most stolen cars ..

15. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

I wished someone would steal my Integra. I hated that thing.

Instead it got creamed by a Yukon, but not totaled, and I drove the creaky POS that took on water like crazy until I finally traded it in for the wagon. Best decision I ever made.