The OFFICIAL 2009 Petit Le Mans G2G Thread :) See you there, 9/23-9/26!

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Alex, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Jake

Jake Active Member

hmm will need someone to text me weather updates around midnight. if its pouring i may just stay at my place tonight and come over first thing in the am

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Tomorrow is 80% chance of rain, so be prepared :)

3. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

I still havn't left yet!!!! Hopefully I'll be there by 4:30

4. K. Marx

K. Marx Member

Well. That sucked.

The rain didn't bother me, but the fact that it was so bad that it ended the race did. I guess they did the right thing.

I walked by the skidpad on Friday but ya'll were off watching the race, I guess. Saturday, of course, was a bust. I ended up driving back home as soon as the race was officially called off.

Sorry I missed you guys. At least the racing on Friday was pretty damned good!

5. b reel

b reel Active Member

The golf cart race was looking promising, then some ole grumpy bastard ratted us out and was promptly shut down by security. Sad part was we had as many carts as cars, two classes being electric and gas, a good crowd to spectate only to be busted after the first practice lap. I hope Tom will post up pics from the TDI cup, very well may have been the best series to watch the whole weekend.

6. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

how many of you went to the race but didn't come by the RV to stop and say hi and have a bite to eat?

edit: just noticed the no miller products allowed in the OP :rofl:

7. Mindspin311

Mindspin311 Member

I was there. Never got a chance to say Hi. Im sure a few of you saw my LGT parked next to a black 06 STi. And Im also sure I saw Integroid roll by my camp on Sat. at some point.

8. Alex

I think that the setup and events @ the tent/rv were some of the best to date, despite the rain. If you did not show up, you missed out :)

9. b reel

b reel Active Member

Alex, wheel chocks will be included on the "needs" list for next year.

10. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

So, no one got any pics?:unamused:

11. 2thAche

2thAche Member

My bro-in-law took a bunch of pics. I'll get some up soon.
    Had a good time despite the rain, dissapointing finish. The 1st place Audi spinning out while on yellow flag was probably the stupidest thing I've ever witnessed.
    Smoked butts were awesome, thanks Nicad.

Nobody looked at our Subies, but by god there was a Exige next to us that drew crowds as if it were a frakking Bugatti Veyron. It became the joke of the weekend. I think Ped F'd it, he was so impressed.

12. Jake

Jake Active Member

Lol, yeah Jason and I were in awe at how many people kept taking pictures of/with the exige. There was a funny moment when two younger guys came over and one was trying to get a good angle on the exige with his camera and literally had a look of disgust at alex's sti being parked too close so that he couldn't get the shot. I think he wound up leaning over alex's hood on one leg to take the pic. It was pretty entertaining.

13. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

the audi spun out right in front of us at turn 5. I laughed at him and clapped since he was facing us. good work bonehead

14. Alex

OMG Did you know that there was a lotus parked next to us?

I have some photos that I am in the middle of processing. I hope to have them ready tonight but we'll see if I have the time.

15. Jake

Jake Active Member

cresting turn 5 coming into 6
    [​IMG]
    Chevy booth, had some pics of the NASCAR cars in there too, but figured no one would care
    [​IMG]
    New Lotus
    [​IMG]
    mazda in gravel trap
    [​IMG]
    mazda that lost a wheel and went off in 6 as he drove around to pit lane
    [​IMG]
    caution lap (had a ton of these pics, lol)
    [​IMG]
    racing
    [​IMG]

sorry for the crapy iPhone pics. its all i got. there were lots of other cameras out there tho....

EDIT: here is a link to a gallery with Jason's pics

http://www.4touge.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=28

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  16. b reel

b reel Active Member

That little car should have lift assist to get out of it. I think the door sills are a foot tall, now if Rich had driven the GT think about how many people would be all over it.

17. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

Want to see more pics!!!

18. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Sorry guys...I was there and saw some of yall but it was kind of hard to keep the little man calm at the race. Thanks to ped for entertaining him for a little bit. I didn't realise how loud the cars were goping to be until I was next to the track. I wish I would have brought some ear plugs.

Nicad, that might have been you taking the tent down but didnt know for sure. Sorry for not saying hi if that was you.

I passed by a few Legacy's and one Spec B on my way out. I have no clue who he was but he waved:) THanks for having a great spot and awesome setup. I will be back next year for sure. Watching the cars go by was pure sex.

19. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

yep that was me

20. techlord

techlord Active Member

some pics
    racing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    in the pits
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Volvo that was tearing it up engine only shot
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. ballistic

ballistic Member

lol i dont think that first picture was from this year.
    but thety are still badass

22. Impreza_RSK

Impreza_RSK Member

I was there I stoped by to say hey , I was walkin around with the ATL pipe band buddies got to see a girl in the back of a truck, drunk holdin a bottle of jack she was so drunk she couldn't keep her balance in the truck bed and almost fell out 3 times as it was driving like 1MPH.

23. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Unless you have pictures of Alex making extreme gestures I am not interested.

24. 2thAche

2thAche Member

That Volvo was AWD turbo. Where is the Subaru representation???

25. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

:rofl:

Ironically, no one caught any pics of him portraying Kimi and Schumi.

26. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

rubbing is racin, man. gotta swap paint

27. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

holy fuck.... there's an Exige :rofl:

28. b reel

b reel Active Member

no Ped, an Exige S

29. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Is that what that car was? I was wondering why so many people were fascinated with it.

30. trhoppe

trhoppe Member

So here's my best pictures. Figured you guys would enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]