DJ Teisto Concert!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by dundunskeert, Oct 6, 2009.

1. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

he's been here 3+ times this year alone...I'd go but can't justify $45...

3. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

$5 off if you use the promo code (mike) and pay for my ticket

4. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

LOL, I don't even know where to buy drugs anymore

5. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

You really need to be high to listen to him.

6. Matt

7. Jake

Jake Active Member

wow, sounds like a clusterfuck of epic proportions. stuff like that seems to happen often at drug related concerts.

sucks bad for fans who don't involve themselves with the drugs

8. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

I dont really get what happned

9. Jake

Jake Active Member

the way i read it is they either oversold or sold out and didn't notify all the people standing outside. so, said people got pissed started a fucking riot!! (lol, dane cook) and some innocent lady got her head smashed by a beer bottle in the process. swat and police came and forced the rioting mass of druggie idiots to disperse and arrested a few.

10. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Nice, glad i didnt go.

11. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Wow...

12. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I was going to go, but couldn't afford a ticket for $55. I wonder if my friend even made it in the door the other night.

What the fuck does this story have to do with drugs Jake? If you paid $55 legitimately for a ticket and then were not allowed to enter because they screwed up, would you just happily stand in line all night. What about if you drove hours to see the show and were blocked at the door. It has nothing to do with drugs. It has to do with poor management.

13. 7wolf

7wolf Member

i totally agree. i almost went to this show. i'm glad i didn't.

14. Matt

Tiesto/rave concerts and drugs are typically synonymous with each other....

15. Jake

Jake Active Member

this^^

its common knowledge.

regardless of whether or not i paid to get in and didn't, i wouldn't start a riot and start beating up people....

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  16. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

You would??

17. Jake

Jake Active Member

lol, edited

18. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

All it takes is people to start getting upset having to wait outside. It starts with someone yelling something, then that escalates to people banging on the door or gate, which escalates to violence. If you were in the line and got caught up in the moment, you too might have been involved in the riot without wanting to be intentionally.

I am not doubting in any way that Tiesto/Rave concerts are typically synonymous with drugs, but this story had nothing to do with drugs. The story does not say that Johnny Whatever was tripping balls on Acid, thought he could fly and leapt off a porch into the crowd of people, which in turn caused a riot.

Actually, from what I am reading, it seems that the riot did not start until after the police showed up. If that is the case, how about blaming the rioting on the police and not druggies. You are waiting in line patiently for hours. All of a sudden a bunch of police show up, and start announcing that they are going to close the place down, all while never giving any explanation as to why. The people outside in line who have been waiting for hours start Booing, and chanting Let Us In. Something happens, and a riot breaks out.

It is always easy blaming things on drugs or drug users.

19. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Police showed up after the girl was bashed with a bottle..

20. Trey

Trey Active Member

Counterfeit tickets were sold. Everyone assumed they had the legit ticket and were pissed they weren't allowed in after spending money. My co-worker bought his tickets 5 mos ago and stood in line for 2 hrs, saw the police come and the front line riots....never got in.

He said some loser was walking at the back of the line selling "special tickets" that got you to the front of the line and in the door. People bought those then rushed to the front and got into it with the people that were in line first. He disappeared before people got their money back.

Total chaos.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  21. Jake

Jake Active Member

because 100% of the time (excluding weed) drug abusers are doing something wrong.