08 STi questions. ?!?!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by steeleWRX, Oct 20, 2009.

1. steeleWRX

steeleWRX New Member

ok so i have been a member in the suby community before, but i left for a few years and now have rejoined. soo i have some questions.

#1 who on here is running EWG with stock turbo? and how does that work out? any power increases?... well i know it holds boost better and longer but i just want to know the differences.
    #2 do O2 simulators effectively trick the ECU into thinking the car has a cat?
    I have a HF cat now and the car passes fine.. however im a fan of flames.. so i kinda want to run catless.

thanks guys sorry if i came off as a post whore. i just wanted full site navigability :rofl:

CHEERS

2. Jake

Jake Active Member

not sure if anyone on here is running ewg on stock turbo, but i know ive seen it on nasioc on an 06sti i think. he was running a 44mm ewg, stock vf43, meth and full exhaust and had like 400/400 or something close to that.

that was similar to the setup i wanted to run on my wrx, but i dont have it anymore :(

3. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

We've done EWG on a bunch of stock turbos. It's the only "guaranteed" way not to have boost creep ;)

It does let us hold a little more boost to redline, and in theory it makes more power (maybe 10whp), but for not much more than the EWG setup you could have a bigger turbo which would make a LOT more.

You've got the GIANT '08 STi TMIC, so you can do JUST

1) a bigger turbo
    2) injectors

and assuming you already have a DP, you could get an extra 50whp up top. And 50 >>> 10 ;)

Siegel

4. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

EWG stabilizes the boost. If you plan on going 20g or bigger may as well go ahead and get the EWG as most of those setups require an EWG to work well. I wouldn't do it on a stock turbo though unless I knew for a fact that I was going bigger in the future. I LOVE the sound of my EWG though.

So overall more power? Not really. More stable boost and such? Most definately. It's added security so to speak.

5. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Didn't you buy Joe's old car? The one that is running my tune?

Anyway an ewg will add some power on the stock turbo however it will be very minimal. You can remove the cats and bring me the car I can make a quick change to map that will keep everything in the ecu happy.. that way there is no need for a o2 simulator. As for shooting flames, its really not going to happen with or without a cat.

6. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

I bet I can make it shoot flames ;) One part and some old school tricks ;) Actually I bet Doug remembers how to make fire maps too ;)

Siegel

7. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

haha... yes but then I would also need to install a "DANGER TO MANIFOLD" light

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

:rofl:

9. Jake

Jake Active Member

and make sure the diamond plate floorboard is welded in uber-good

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Nah rivet it in! LOL

11. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

12. steeleWRX