Geocaching....Anyone here do this

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by slowwrx, Oct 21, 2009.

1. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

So my brother and I were building trails in the woods behind my house today and we found a Geocache. I kind of like the idea, this one was a keychain cache, so you take one and put another one in. I was kind of thinking about doing a couple of bike only ones on some of the trails I ride, I think it would be more interesting that way.

Anyways...thoughts...etc....

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

3. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

That seems like a lot of fun

4. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I've done it once, it's pretty neat.

5. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Your Mom's House)

I've done this a couple of times...then I got into "urban exploring". Taking photographic records of abandoned buildings and such.

6. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

so you find these things randomly?

7. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Your Mom's House)

look at the website.

8. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

wow, thanks for the big help

9. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

10. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

No they give you gps locations and clues on the website. The one I found was just random though

11. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

I was doing it just about every weekend back during the spring and early summer! Then it got too hot! lol We always have a good time, and you don't always have to have a GPS either!

12. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

it's good fun. my wife and do it, it's a good excuse to take the dogs out for a long walk. they exercise and i get to play with a gadget.

i found my second travel coin on Sunday. people buy cool coins with serial numbers on them and you log it and then track it across the country. it really is very cool.
    finding a cache with a gps can pose it's challenges, finding one randomly is like seeing a shooting star i'd guess.