Audi wreck...What should I buy???

Discussion in 'General Community' started by AirMax95, Oct 29, 2009.

1. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Well, yesterday after work a guy plowed through a turning lane and struck me on the passenger side front of my Audi :wtc:. I won't know if the car is totalled until his insurance adjuster looks it over. The complete front end was shifted to the driver side of the car, and the rear quater panel looks badly damaged. The engine was shifted as well, but I am not an adjuster so I have no real idea. I do know that if repairs get to 60% of the cars value they normally deem it a total loss.

With all that said, I need to start looking for a new ride possibly.

06+ Sti
    04+ A4
    03+ M3
    03+ G35 Coupe
    04+ Honda Accord

Prices on all these cars have dropped to hell and back, so I should be able to keep constant with what I was paying on the A4. I'm not going over $17k.

Thoughts? Pics later when I get my lazy ass up, lol.

2. Jake

Jake Active Member

dude, wth?

M3

3. Shewb

Shewb Member

I would go for the STi, unless you can get an S4 ;-)

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

holy hell!

Are you okay?

5. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

hope you are ok man. id go with an 06 sti, but thats just me.

6. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Damn T I hope your ok man.

06 STi or M3

7. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

sucks dude, I got in a wreck yesterday too, I don't think its totalled though

8. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Dam bad luck with cars bro ;) Hope your ok man I am with Shewb Audi if you can get a s4 if not STI for sure.....

9. Jake

Jake Active Member

whaaa???!!!

10. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Can you afford the maintenance on the M3, if so, thats the direction I would go. If you can deal with the downgrade in interior quality and NVH, the 06 STI will obviously be the best sports car on your list...

11. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

What tha f**k hope you ok Bro.

12. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Thanks for all the concerns. I am ok, no pain as of yet. It was so swift that I thought I hit a curb or something, lol. My luck with cars is pushing me towards wearing a helmet when I drive! With me not being at any fault, I hope I can get the car to a good body shop and demand genuine Audi parts. That way, if its not totalled I will have all OEM goodness. Also, the cost of part is not going to be cheap for OEM repair, driving the repairs closer to the cars value.

The maintenance on the S4 and M3 are going to be close. The S4 requires to damn near remove the engine from the car for work. If I got an S4, it would be 2004+ V8 non-turbo, for ease of financing.

Honestly, I just want a good platform with decent power. My old bugeye had enough pep to make me grin. No mods are going into the car (until next fall), as none were on the A4. The A4 was a pig, to say the least. A stock STi would be plenty for now AND later. The German interiors are heaven though, lol.

My responsible side wants to get a beater for under $3k and avoid a car note for a couple of years, lol. I REALLY would love a S5 later.

Cross your fingers and hope for the best, whatever that is.

13. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Hope your ok...sti def, but if your interested in an audi...go for an older s4

14. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Seems like you have wanted an M3 for a while now. It was what you were looking at buying when you were selling your bugeye (RIP). I say go for the M3.

15. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Your Mom's House)

RS4

16. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

We can go half on it, lol!

17. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Yeah, my heart aches for a coupe! However, my sweet spot for a STi is very strong. Well, hopefully later today I will hear back from his claim rep with an update.

18. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I say get a beater and save for a year or so, then you will have a decent downpayment on an S5 which would be sweet.

19. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

Glad to hear you are ok. Im selling my 07 Sti if you are interested.

20. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

After the nightmare that my wifes 3 series has been I don't think Ill ever own another BMW. Have you considered trying to find a Legacy GT Spec B.

21. Jake

Jake Active Member

you could do this, buy your old accord.....

22. Matt

those are still in the 25k+ range, which is more than he wants to spend from what I gathered

23. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah he told me $15k-$17k

24. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Glad to hear you are okay! What 03 M3 can you find for 17k? One with 100,000 miles? What about a used R32?

25. Matt

It was also in the OP. :)

26. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

There are several E46 M3's for "distressed" sale, due to families downsizing or economic issues. Some have high mileage, others are 60-75k. Another alternative is a 330ci.

The more I ponder on it, I want something simple/sporty/adult-ish. Due to the budget I want to keep, I may back down and get an inexpensive/low maintenance car.

I will look into the R32, as well as a 05-06 Sti (black or white - I like both body styles). Another Audi could be in the mix if I can get my mitts on a 04+ 6spd A4.

27. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

It was stolen, recovered, and sold:wtc:

28. Jake

Jake Active Member

oh dang, didnt hear that

29. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

since you considered e46 m3, so I assume you are looking at coupes with performance. A C5z06 would be perfect, maybe with a little bit of money on top.

30. techlord

techlord Active Member

Glad you are okay.
    Just get the STI...Bimmers will kill you when they have issues, the S4 has to be the worst car to work on...A4 not soo bad, I would get the Genessis over the G35 cause it is way cheaper (i think)

31. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

You can't get a gen coupe in the $15-17 range.

32. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

33. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

34. Jake

Jake Active Member

dang didn't know Leh got another STi. i remember seeing that for sale tho.

and i'd doubt he'd take $17k cash. he's a baller, probly doesn't NEED to sell it that bad.

although he may be willing to make an exception for an old BB member tereance.....

35. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

[​IMG]

36. Demo24

Demo24 Member

If you want to stick with the BMW's a 330i ZHP would be a pretty fun car to own. It's basically the closest thing you can get to a 4dr e46 m3 without an engine swap.

37. Matt

agreed. it's also available in a coupe!

38. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Yeah, I saw Leh's cars when he posted it on another forum also. It's an good option, lol. He more than likely wants a new toy, lol. I wonder if he still has the R34.

Hopefully the adjuster calls me today with a definite decision on the car being a total loss.

39. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

That's that I have been thinking. I just wish the Audi A4's had more grunt under the hood! The 2.0T has little more pep than my 1.8T did, and comes in a 6spd.

:eek:hnoes:

40. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

If I had the cash right now I would pick up that STI in a second. Its a smoking deal and you couldn't build that car for 50k.

Leh does still have the R34 as far as I know.

41. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah the R34 and the new M3 afaik. he's probly just bought that to flip it. like Chad does with the 240's

42. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

my wrx lol

43. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

44. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

That is nice! I was looking on Autotrader, and there is another black R32 for sale in Peachtree City.

45. pankopp

pankopp Member

do it.... do it...

46. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Pankopp, have you done anymore to your R32 since the last Orton meet?

47. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

The 2010 S5 is a car I will own one day. APR got their hands on their 2010 S4 and it is a monster. The supercharged V6 is a very nice motor and has great potential.

German cars are very nice on the inside, but their reliability sucks IMHO. You can afford the upkeep, go for it. If not, parts for Subaru's are cheap:)

48. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Just spoke with a friend who has a higher mileage E46 M3 for sale at a nice price. Dark charcoal with a cinnamon interior IIRC. Interested?

49. pankopp

pankopp Member

um... since then i have gotten a flash from C2 Motorsports and bought coilovers... nothing major. Still love the car though, its a blast to drive and no reliability problems.

50. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Oh reeeeealy? Details please, lol.

Oh, btw, you can keep my rear headliner piece. Think of it as a token of my appreciation, lol!