Think you’re fast? Prove it! TopSpeed Time Attack Oct. 3rd

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by siegelracing, Aug 11, 2009.

1. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

great video!!! way to reel him in :bigthumb:

2. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

cool videos... I was just out there taking people for rides and having fun. I think the whole time I maybe put in two full laps in anger... other than that it was just screwing around mainly.

3. 4sevens

4sevens Member

doug - who you angry at?

4. 07Ltd#767

I'm going with somebody in a fake miata :fawk: ;)

5. SANDERS

SANDERS Member

I just hate not catching you drifting thru the skid pad. seriously from 2 o' clock thru 10 o' clock was a Ken Block moment!

6. 4sevens

4sevens Member

You know whats funny? It actually sounds like a boxer engine with all the throaty burbling

7. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

What kind of times won the classes

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Here you go Matt.

Lap Times

Small Bore
    1. Richard W. - 1:11.543
    2. Matthew B. - 1:16.013

Street - Novice
    1. Jennifer P. - 1:11.844
    2. David S. - 1:13.018
    3. Dragan K. - 1:15.194
    4. Derek H. - 1:15.693
    5. Logan G. - 1:19.843

Street - Advanced
    1. Scott S. - 1:08.086
    2. Michael G. - 1:11.654

Prepped
    1. Reese C. - 1:01.295
    2. Chad F. - 1:05.172
    3. Jared S. - 1:06.151
    4. John H. - 1:07.535
    5. David C. - 1:11.337

Shop
    1. Reese C. - 1:00.611
    1. Sharif A. - 1:00.753

9. slowwrx

Pretty good times by everybody

Jesus, was that 1.00.611 Reese in the Black Vette, that was a shake down they just finished putting that car together a couple of days before the event.....

Nice time by Sharif, guess I didn't give him enough credit. I didn't think he would be anywhere near that fast.

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I like the fact that in street novice a girl pwned everyone.

11. techlord

techlord Active Member

I thought it was the silver vette that posted that time maybe it was the black one...both were fast.

That girl was fast, and beat her times by 2sec in the time attack.

I would have been tucked just under sanders but I went farming...someone said the wall was too close so I pushed it back a tad.

12. slowwrx

That sounds about right for the silver vette. The silver vette only makes 450whp the last time I talked to him at the track

13. 07Ltd#767

I thought he was going to take it...his R35 was stupid fast. There were three GTRs out, but only two were running laps. Those cars are pure sex

14. slowwrx

Someone said he was making 600whp, if its truly making 600 it should be below a minute

15. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I thank you in advance for the next time I go out there .

16. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

The highlight of my driving career was passing the Lotus and keeping him off of me for 4 laps. I wanted to pass him so bad I hunted him down on every turn.

I really pushed my car to catch, pass and then put distance. So much so that my tires and brakes both overheated and I had to slow down. But it was way worth it!

He won the small bore, I wonder what my times would have been? That lotus had some mods like an exhaust and adjustable suspension. i'm not sure about brakes though. He'd been doing track days for the lasat two years in that car but this was my second time out in the R32 and only my thrid time ever out on the full little T track (other times it was set up as an autocross course.)

My 3500lbs car on stock suspension was plenty of fun. My wife was brave enough to ride along with me. Thanks again Topspeed!

17. slowwrx

What color was the lotus

18. 07Ltd#767

orange

19. techlord

techlord Active Member

I was wondering what happened to you Patrick, we saw you passed him then he came back a few laps later. I guess that is when everything over heated.

20. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

Yeah I was getting a really bad shimmy under braking and my tires had little grip left.

then on teh next session I ran out of gas! lol

21. techlord

techlord Active Member

ninja edit

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  22. 07Ltd#767

What, no CF lip? WTF dude...

Glad to see she's back up

23. Jake

Jake Active Member

YAY!!

must haz CF lippage

24. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

Was techlord the one that went off on turn two?

25. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Sorry for the late reply. My GT-R makes 526whp maximum on our Dyno Dynamics, and weighs a portly 3750 with me in the seat. This was my first time at TGP in over 3 years. I was very pleased that my daily driver with AC and full interior was only 1/100th of second behind Reece's race prepped Vette with massive Michelin slicks. Reece is a great guy, and really enjoyed the competition! :)

No vehicle with doors has gone sub 1:00......yet. :sx:

26. slowwrx

Dont feed me the street car line, street cars don't have JRZ coilovers. Reeces Vette isn't really anymore prepped than a Skyline with JRZs . I'm not saying you or your car isn't fast but lets not play the street car game.

27. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

Sharif's GTR has FULL interior (4 seats), NAV, A/C, Stereo, and is regularly LEGALLY driven on the street and to meets. It has bolt-on JRZ's, but that hardly makes it not a street car...

Siegel

28. slowwrx

Its not that its not a street car, its just a really lame argument. I can put a license plate on damn near anything I want. Scott do I need to remind you about the tube frame Viper on OLOA. My STI is almost done Ill make sure it has a tag on it when it goes below a minute at TGP....lol

29. siegelracing

There's a HUGE difference between a tube-frame, two-piece fiber-body car that looks like a viper, and a GTR with bolt-ons that still has a full interior.

Seriously, his GTR is just like your STi was when we ran it, except it has JRZ triples instead of RCE doubles... In fact, his is MUCH less modded as it still has stock turbos.

Sharif's GTR has:

Bars, coil-overs, wheels and tires, brake pads, lines and fluid, exhaust, tune, intercoolers, fluid coolers, seat, harness, graphics.

That's pretty much it... stock engine, stock tranny, stock turbos, stock size rotors, stock calipers, FULL interior, etc. Compared to a lot of the GTRs here, it's WAY less modded than what a lot of guys run daily. The only big change, and it is a big one, is the REALLY nice JRZs... but they're quite streetable...

Siegel

30. slowwrx

OK....its a streetcar.....my new Mustang has a full interior too....you guys wanna drag race for a couple of bucks

31. siegelracing

1/8 mile in the rain, absolutely ;)

Siegel

32. Decker@Forged

Decker@Forged Member

33. 4sevens

4sevens Member

lots of torque in the rain is sooooo much fun. I get right foot cramps from feathering the throttle driving between home and work in the rain. sometimes I just shove the gears into 5th or 6th and keep it there. But even then it's not safe :p

34. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Slowwrx, what's done to the STi? Let us know when you head out to TGP...I'd like another shot at the sub 1:00 mark with new tires this time. And it's always way more fun when there are other fast guys on the track.

35. 4sevens

4sevens Member

The santa run in december would be perfect. I plan on being there.

36. slowwrx

Its stock with Koni Adjustables

37. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Wish I had ran our time attack car there.. I am sure it would have been well under 60 secs.

38. slowwrx

I think its pretty safe to assume that

39. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Scott mentioned in his previous post that it had a turbo upgrade?

40. techlord

techlord Active Member

lol @ ball is stock...should have shown your ass up at TGP whaddya run in dougs 08 at santarun last year?

41. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

And? 2.5L 4 cyl single vs what a 3.5L 6 cyl twins?

42. Doug@DBW Motorsports

My sti went 64.3 at last years Santa Run. That was when my car was just a downpipe, tune, and set of bolt on BC coil overs. Oh and Yokohama AD07 street tires too.

Not to shabby actually

43. slowwrx

This might sound super cocky.....ok it is super cocky.....let me look in my back pocket and see if I have any "give a fuck left".....Nope I'm all out of "give a fuck".

I think Shariff should put me in his skyline and let me break the record at TGP raceway. Ill put $500 dollars on it that I can go sub 1.00 in Shariff Skyline in less than 20 laps......

FUCKING BRING IT

44. slowwrx

Now thats a street car...sways...cheap coilovers and a tune....and a bad mother fucker behind the wheel....who was that masked man

45. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Your Mom's House)

quoted for called out.

46. slowwrx

LOL you dont' have to qoute me, I don't think I've ever taken a post down because it offended anyone....but anyways....call out...yeah...lets go with that.....

47. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Your Mom's House)

I know you haven't...other people take your posts down. I just had to.

48. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

lol Matt definately says it like it is. I just find it funny the we are comparing a 30k car vs a 80k car.

49. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

This is hilarious. I can't wait for the next TGP run:)

50. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Actually I think it would be cooler if the throw-down was determined by taking turns in a rental Kia instead...