Dental surgery today :(

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by FACE, Nov 6, 2009.

1. FACE

FACE Active Member

So I am having my bottom wisdow teeth removed today. I had the top two taken out years ago. I am a big wussy when it comes to the dentist but my wonderful girlfriend Jamie is the surgens assisant so that does give me peace of mind. Anyways hope everyone else is going to have a better weekend that me. Too bad I will miss the dyno day :(

2. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

So, if you wake up after the surgery with your pants unzipped, what does that mean?

3. FACE

FACE Active Member

That it went VERY well LOL has that happned to you before? LOL

4. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

He can only hope that it was his wonderful girlfriend Jamie that did that.

5. Yipes. I've been there but recovery is pretty quick. Jamie will take care of you!

6. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

don't be such a wuss!

I love going to the dentist

7. FACE

FACE Active Member

Yeah the nitros part will be cool I just can't pizza after and that's all I want at 10am LOL

8. Jake

Jake Active Member

lol, i've had dental surgery 3 times. luckily i don't think i'll need it again, but if i do, no biggie.

i remember being conscious in all 3 of my surgeries too. i mean i was completely out of it, but i could distinctly remember feeling the pressure of the drill and the tugging of the pliers. again not that it hurt or anything, just kind of surreal when you know it should hurt, but you are completely out of it and can't do anything about it...

9. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

You just love having things shoved in to your mouth...

10. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Like Jamie's......nevermind.

:D

11. FACE

FACE Active Member

She seems to like to have my thing shoved I'm her mouth :keke:

sweaty palms and fast heart rate as I'm waiting to go back :eek:hnoes:

12. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

LOL:clap:

13. I think I've had dental surgery at least 4 times... the first time I convinced my friend to take me shopping afterwards (I was so out of it with valium, gas and demoral combined) and I bought all kinds of crazy shit. After I had my wisdom teeth out I think I woke up like 24 hours later.. though I do remember the ride home and seeing double. One of the times my dentist told me that I kept telling them they needed to go get roast beef sandwiches... WTF?!!! Travis can tell you stories from my other surgeries too!! I get so weird on those drugs.

14. FACE

FACE Active Member

well im back at Jamies and so far im feeling ok...I dont think the numb has full worn off yet. I got some beef and chicken broth in me along with a hand full of pill. Not just need to put something in the air and wait for the pain meds to kick in. so far the worst part was waiting around this morning but I think I will make it!
    :)

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Excellent. Here's to the most minimal pain and a quick recovery.

16. FACE

FACE Active Member

the last thing I remember was "see you later honey Love you :) "

17. jeb

jeb Member

With the majority of oral surgeons you're not actually unconscious when you get your wisdom teeth out. One of the drugs they give you causes short term memory loss. Your GF could have asked you some interesting questions you don't remember ;) The oral surgeon that did mine was a family friend (My dad is a dentist and referred patients too him) and I remember him asking questions about the girl I was dating at the time before the black box shut down

18. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

+1 for the GF nurse nothing like having a sexy lady that you like, to ease your pain................

19. Jake

Jake Active Member

still alive!!

congrats on becoming 2 teeth dumber, lol

20. FACE

FACE Active Member

LOL Thanks! I'm a bit sore today but not that bad even without the pain meds!

21. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah my previous 2 surgeries weren't too bad. i was recovered within 2-3days. but my wisdom teeth took my 5-6 days and all my pain meds.

my best-friends g/f was completely fine the next day and took a 13hr flight to sweden that day too

22. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Beware of dry sockets!! My good friend had 2(the bottom 2 wisdom teeth) and it was a terrible experience....

23. FACE

FACE Active Member

So far so good!