g/f's fastest NA auto mazda 3

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bjtyson3, Nov 8, 2009.

1. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

just figured i'd post some vids of my girlfriends 2005 n/a automatic mazda 3...she has bought all mods on her own and pieced it together herself(with me doing all installs of course)..so i taught her how to drag race it and took her to silver dollar raceway a few friday and she has re ran it every step of the way and after every modification..car put down a stock 17.4@78mph or so..the car ran a 15.44 at 89.9 mph last night,with a lot more left in it i'm sure,making it the fastest automatic naturally aspirated mazda 3 in the us(according to mazda3forums) by almost a half second..everyone on there called bullshit but i shut them up with six consistent video's from 15.4-15.6..so here's the video..very very proud of her :) i know its not that fast but its really fast for what it is..(i've seen some people on here with turbo automatic cars running slower than that ;) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwoBBpAVtxg

2. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

and the car still has stock headers and lots of other bolt ons to go...put a grounding kit on it today..wouldn't put it on my car but the mazda3forum peeps say it helps so whatever :) guess we'll find out this friday when we go back with a little higher intentions

3. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

link to mazda forum page where you "shut them up"??

4. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

5. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

funny because most people were calling bs,then they started asking how she launches and when she shifts and everything :) lol

6. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

pics of girlfriend

7. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Nice job! I didn't realize the Mazda 3's were so slow:)

8. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

She needs drag slicks.

9. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

IMO, dont spend too much on a grounding kit since you can DIY a kit for $15 but when does extra grounding really hurt anything? The AVCS systems in subarus require a lot of additional grounding and I did notice a difference on my new motor but not much on my old one.

Congrats on the slowish Mazda 3, I'm sure she can beat some of the Civics that guys race out on Moreland with it.

10. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

yea..its not too shabby since for some unknown reason to me..there are lots of people with mazdaspeed 3's running in the 15's lol

11. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah i was gonna say with some better tires she could easily shave another couple tenths off that run

12. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Dudes on that Mazda forum shut up pretty quick didn't they? lol

13. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

yea lol..its crazy because most the parts on her car are not the high dollar ones and its faster than the people that have thousands of dollars in these parts..kinda mid-grade or so is what's on her car..she has maybe 500 bucks in performance mods..intake,cat back,balance shaft delete,and ignition timing advance(stock adjustment on those)..its gobs faster than any other auto and the 4th fastest NA period..slightly behind way way more modded 5 speed cars with drag radials and race clutches..the auto only lets her leave the line at 1800 rpms or so..the car may be not that fast but it went from being as slow as a stock 2009 civic ex,to outrunning a friends 2008 civic si.. :) this car responds to mods very very well for what it is,she has a header and downpipe on the way that promises 7 hp and 9 tq at the wheels,and i just installed the grounding kit saturday,so maybe it can be the first street tire na in the 14's :)

14. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

15. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

too bad her account is locked out to anyone without an account...or her friend

16. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

oh shit my bad..haha

17. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Sounds like she's getting the race/mod bug... I don't know her finances, but I would switch to a better platform or at least get her a manual car... ATx=boo I'd hate for her to spend a whole bunch of money just to figure that out...

18. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

yea she wants something different(her favorite car ever is the new sti's now lol)..she was really into show and not into racing when we met..all the visual mods on her car were installed before we met :) lol besides Ksport springs..i taught her how to drive a manual a few months after she bought this car and regrets not getting a mazdaspeed3 only because they weren't available with auto's and she couldn't drive a manual and thought it was really hard to do

19. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Yeah, thats what I'm saying... I'd bet you she's gonna trade that car in before too long. I spent bunches of cash on my 03 Bugeye, even though I knew I wanted an STI.. Then I bought the STI.. All that cash I spent on the bugeye was basically wasted... Your girl needs a WRX! I think the quest for the fastest slow Mazda 3 will leave her upset in the end :)

20. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

yea she definitely wants a wrx..i keep telling her she can get one the model of my sti (2005) for about what she got her car for..10 grand..she only likes the sedan 04-05's and the 08 and up hatches..maybe i can get her to get one soon :)

21. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

damn, that isn't much slower than my R32. Nice job

22. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member