Dude drives his 2 million dollar Bugatti (one of the rarest cars) into a lagoon

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jt money, Nov 12, 2009.

1. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

[​IMG]

$2 million Bugatti crashes into lagoon

By Chris Paschenko
    The Daily News

Published November 12, 2009
    LA MARQUE — The owner of one of the world’s fastest production automobiles accidentally drove his fine-tuned, French-built car into a saltwater lagoon Wednesday.

The man, who police said was from Lufkin, was uninjured after escaping the partially submerged Bugatti Veyron as it came to rest in about 2 feet of saltwater.

The two-seater, with 16 cylinders and four turbo chargers, can reach speeds of more than 250 mph. New models sell for about $2 million.

The man, who refused to give his name, was looking at real estate in Galveston.

About 3 p.m. a low-flying pelican distracted him as he traveled north on Interstate 45 just south of the hurricane levee near Omega Bay.

The man jerked the wheel, dropped his cell phone, and the car’s front tire left the frontage road and entered a muddy patch, which foiled his attempt to maneuver away from the lagoon.

The Veyron’s powerful engine gurgled like an outboard motor for about 15 minutes before it died.

Police and firefighters blocked the frontage road until MCH Towing employee Gilbert Harrison carefully wenched the car away from riprap and onto the soft, muddy bank.

It’s the rarest car in the world, not something you can just replace, the man said.

An Associated Press story in October mentioned a 2006 model Veyron for sale in Jonesboro, Ark., with an asking price of $1.25 million.

One of the prospective buyers was from Texas.

That Bugatti Veyron was one of only 200 made and one of only about 15 in the United States, the AP reported.

2. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

3. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

that'll buff right out

:keke:

4. Jake

Jake Active Member

gurgled for about 15 minutes....

dumbass, first thing i woulda done was shut it off. if it was salvageable before it isnt now after running saltwater thru it for 15 mins

5. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Yeah, this sentence makes me ill.
    The Veyron’s powerful engine gurgled like an outboard motor for about 15 minutes before it died.

6. Is that the owner of the car in the picture or the tow truck guy?

And for some reason the "1-800-SAFE-AUTO" jingle popped into my head.

7. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

He did that so the insurance company would total it..

8. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Tow truck guy. If you watch the video Gotsol posted he can be seen clearly.

9. Ah.. I can't watch videos on this comp. They just freeze up for some reason. This is an old comp that needs help. I just haven't let Travis fix it yet. :)

Yeah, I didn't think the driver of a Bugatti would be dressed like that but you never know!!!

10. subieracer18

subieracer18 New Member

so stupid