The White Beast

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Cool_____, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. why does it seem like none of the photos on here ever load for me?

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Some of the photos in the first pages of my journal don't exist anymore.....is that what you are talking about?

3. yeah, my bad. once i started clicking my way thought all 15 pages they showed up. Thanks sorry. What are the 2 things in the front of your grill? Hella supertones? or what?

4. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yeah the red circles are Hella Supertones.

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Only 4 pages here....change your noob settings in User CP to show more posts per page :)

It'll make life easier for you ;)

6. haha alright. Will do. Atleast im not scared to admit being a noob right? btw, your STi is incredible. Very well done sir.

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks. BTW it's not an STi though ;) It's a measly WRX but may as well be an STi now.

8. Haha well. You know what I meant. What rims are you running?

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Syms. Haven't been able to find them under Syms name but that is what is stamped on the rims themselves.

10. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

nice oil pan!

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks. You should see the pickup tube as well!

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

It will be up and running this weekend. Once I confirm it's running 100% and not leaking I will load it up on the trailer and off to Fayetteville to get broken in on the dyno and then tuned.

13. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Crappy cell phone pic

[​IMG]

14. FACE

FACE Active Member

Sexy turbo! Is that ford blue on the intake manifold :keke:

Hope everything runs smoothly for you bro!

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

It's actually flat blue. When I got the paint one of the options was Ford Blue :keke:

16. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well last night I was cleaning up around the carport and looking at the engine bay. Figured since I'm waiting on injector orings I'll snap some crappy cell phone pics.

This isn't a kit that you slap on. I custom made the rotated assembly (modified TXS kit), custom made intake from my old ERZ downpipe (cleaning that was a pain but it worked perfect), custom made brackets for the IXIZ A/O Sep and the coolant resevoir, and tried to clean up wiring as much as possible. We have too much dang lines and crap in our engines.......it'll be nice to shave/tuck everything but alas I love my cruise control and AC and ABS.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. techlord

techlord Active Member

Looks great man I thought it was gonna be tooooo much blue but not so much.
    I am getting sick of my ABS, too many bumps to set it off.

18. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks. I may just redo the manifold in black. I dunno yet. The mismatch in blue kinda irks me.

I've still got some more cleaning up to do though....right now focus is on getting done. Cosmetic can come later.

19. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

Looks good, Delette, even though I would have never choosen blue, I think it looks good in there.

I definitely feel you on how ugly our bays are. I spent WWAAYY too much money one the stainless lines to make it look better, but our harness is ridiculous

20. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

The lines are CHEAP. But the fittings will hit the bank :(

21. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Why don't you just go black on the piping sleeves and leave the manifold the way it is?

22. Jake

Jake Active Member

yes, black matches EVERYTHING

23. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Looks amazing.....Blue works!

24. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

yeah...i know, they suck

you didn't use those fugly-ass lines that came with the AOS did you? I will say braided stainless looks 100x better (though the lines / fittings now cost more than the AOS itself)

25. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yes I did.....for now ;)

26. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Actually that was the plan. Wrinkle black ceramic coating to be exact. I just want to make sure everything fits and is in good working order before I paint. That way I won't have to uninstall and scratch the mess out of it. Those pipes can be tricky to fit.

27. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Can you guys believe that my intake is actually my old ERZ downpipe :keke:

28. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Interesting use of the old downpipe lol Maybe ceramic coat the piping so it doesn't heatsoak?

29. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yes wrinkle black coating to be precise.

30. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

^^^ can't go wrong with that, that's what I did with my entire engine and tranny.

31. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Why not tuck all the wiring? :)

32. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Where you gonna tuck it with out extending it? As it sits it can't be tucked any more without custom work!

33. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

looks like smurf blue to me.. Not really a fan

34. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

That's Papa Smurf to you :rofl:

I'm thinking a darker blue will be better.

35. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well the car is back in my driveway. Drove her home and got started on breaking her in. She runs a little rough so I need to get with SS and see if the maps needs tweaking or what.

I'm just glad to finally hear the car run again.

36. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Sadness......oil smoke and everyone I talk to says theirs didn't smoke.

Hoping it's just the rings needing sealing. When I get home, I'm doing a compression test to check consistancy.

37. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Only one piston was burning oil. I pull all of them and replaced all the rings with the help of my buddy Robbie. No trimming of the oil rings....lol.

Now I need a spare oil cooler oring...that big orange one. Anyone have a spare?

Oh the smurf blue has been redone with black. :)

38. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

did you destroy the oring?

39. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I have a slight oil leak there. Took the cooler off and the oring popped out since it has already expanded from heat cycling. :unamused:

40. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

oh good deal!

41. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Car is in the parking lot at work. So glad to drive it again. Hopefully it all works out today and tomorrow. Getting tuned Saturday!

42. subieracer18

subieracer18 New Member

wow.. that is some amazing numbers at the track

43. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I need to update this but when the car overheated it blew the head gaskets. Engine is out and torn apart. No warpage but everything is going to the machine shop to get decked soon as Robbie gets me a date.

44. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Good lord! Again!? Third times a charm for the new setup I guess.

45. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yup first time I fubared the oil rings. This time it overheated on me while i wasn't in the car and was talking to my dad (had been running all day flawlessly). Found a wire that was rubbing the fender and it blew the main fan relays hence no fans. Overheated while idling.

So it's 3rd times the charm or you guys will be seeing a MASSIVE partout and I'm leaving the Subaru community for good (4x4 pickup truck will be the replacement if it happens).

46. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

i couldn't go to that from my car..unless it was really really nice and huge..lol.. i'd have to step up to something else..supra..vette..etc

47. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

There are more important things in life than a fast car like family.

Things like this....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  48. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

+1 to that..did she kill that one? thats a nice one

49. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

No she isn't old enough to handle a 270. She in the stand with my brother. That's my brother's daughter.

50. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

You better tell your brother to keep that gun visible whenever boys come over in the near future! She is adorable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.