The White Beast

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Cool_____, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Ha yeah she's gonna be a heart breaker and she's only 5 1/2 years old.

Funny true story.....my brother's sister in law is a hottie and a senior in hs. Last year was her first prom. The fam was all at the house so she was there getting ready. Her prom date pulls in. I quickly go to all the secret spots in my house and grab the guns. Date walks in with me cleaning my S&W 40, my brother cleaning a double barrel shotgun, and her step-dad cleaning a 9mm. You should have seen his face at first.....it was priceless.:rofl::naughty:

2. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

this post deletion brought to you by Matt :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2009
  3. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Your comment was really uncalled for. We did what we did for giggles. We are all men so the obvious is well.....obvious.

Enjoy your ban.......if you get banned.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  4. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

:wtc: :clap: :)

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Back on topic.

I've redone the valve covers and the manifold in ceramic black. Looks much much cleaner. When the engine is reassembled I'll post up some pics.

6. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

yea..i didnt know if i was the only person on here that hunts :) lol

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I'm an undercover hunter/fisherman. Many can't see me doing that but I'm a country boy at heart :) :wiggle:

8. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

great to hear..i'm not alone lol

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Photos of valve covers now, not later!

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Ya gonna have to wait Alex!

11. Alex

Noooooo!

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

:wiggle:

13. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Looks identical to this. Just picture my turbo higher up and WRX cam gears.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  14. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

to what?

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Doh! Pic added above.

16. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Hahah. That's hilarious! You guys should've recorded it or something. Hahah.

And man... The White Beast is looking incredible. Does it look any different from the pictures you posted on this thread?

I wish I joined here a lot earlier... Then I'd have been able to follow pretty much everything.
    Now it's been 3 years since the start of the thread. A lot must have been finished.
    Anyway, hopefully you're not finished because I want to keep following. Hahah.

17. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks. Yes the car looks vastly different. White RS hood, back to OEM bumper with JDM fogs, 10th St JDM TSX retrofit headlights, CF roof spoiler, different rims, and working on a new motor right now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. superdoughboy4

Woww... It looks even better than before.
    I really love the panda look, but an all white clean like that really fits the Beast.

19. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I'm done with the exterior. Once I get the motor straightened out and running I'm done with the car as a whole and can have the peace of mind to just drive it without any more modifications.

20. superdoughboy4

Hahah. I bet that'll feel good.
    Knowing that your car is complete, being able to drive it without worrying about new parts and such.
    I know the feeling. Only, it's with my PC. Hahah. After having put it together and manage all of my cables decently, it felt good.

21. Alex

:) Thanks for posting semi-recent photos dude. We really need to wetsand and polish your lights though.

22. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Those photos are almost 1 year old :( Car has been sitting under the parents carport (cement and covered roof FTW) and the headlights look 10x worse :(

I'm wetsanding them soon but right now that is NOT a priority if you understand.

23. Alex

Definitely, just giving you grief :)

24. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Haha how many times have I harrassed you trying to find a permanent solution? I'm sick of plastix rubbing the headlights!

25. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Some pics. I still have to do a lot of cleaning up. You can see the antifreeze staining on the IC pipes but those will soon get powder coated. Right now focused on getting it running right which so far it is.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. slowdriver

slowdriver Banned

Hey, a black engine bay....in a white car. Most interesting.

27. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yes...I painted my engine bay black. Got sick of the dirty white just ruining everything.

28. slowdriver

slowdriver Banned

You'll have that.

29. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Not any more. Black hides it better ;)

30. superdoughboy4

Nice, Rex. It's looking really sexy.

31. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks! I just wish I could get rid of a lot of vac lines and hoses and wiring! It's a cluttered mess but I don't want to lose any of the comfort amenities that is on the car like AC, Cruise, etc.

32. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

BTW I lost the bolt that holds the alternator cover down. Anyone know the size/pitch of that bolt?

33. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

424hp and 416tq at only 22 psi on methanol on a super low reading Mustang dyno.

For comparison my old setup made 351 hp at Topspeed. Next day I went to Epic to dyno again and it only made 303hp on the Mustang.

Now I'm not getting into a dyno war just stating the low readability of it. All I can say is this car is now BALLS to the WALL FAST!!!!!!!!!!

Word to the wise. Blow thru Mafs are hard to tune but can be tuned. However suck through (stock style) is much much better and you have more adjustability with it and you can maintain a much better AFR line. However I already had this blow thru and Robbie said lets use it as he has a lot of customers wanting to just use the rotated kits completely instead of partially.

Crappy pics and a crappy vid.
    [​IMG]

Video here (lots of background noise but I LOVE the note of the car now!)
    http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/razzamagoo/?action=view&current=Video0006.flv

34. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Wow, this thing has come a long way even since the old setup. Congrats, dude! It looks/sounds killer.

35. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks. It's running great but not consistantly. We've narrowed it down to the blow thru maf. Doug and SS were right all along when they said it 'works' but not consistantly.

Soooooooo converting to draw thru MAF with a special KSTech 83mm intake custom made just for me.

36. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Go bigger...I would go 3.5"

37. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well I've joined the wingless revolution. STi limited spoiler soon to join.

Best pic I have for now.
    [​IMG]

38. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Wirelessly posted

Coolrex, I will let you know how my 3.5 maf setup does next week.

39. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Wirelessly posted

Coolrex, I will let you know how my 3.5 maf setup does next week.

40. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yours doesn't matter. You have a 2.5L from the factory. It can read 500 g/s. Mine can only read 300 g/s :(. But if Kokopelli can get as far as he has then so can I.

41. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

Call me biased but....good call

42. Matt

Am I the only person who can't see what Drew posted yesterday?

43. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I couldn't see it yesterday but saw the email. But right now I see it right above your post.

44. Matt

same thing for me....well, minus the email.

45. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I'll be at Topspeed at 12 PM Saturday Feb 13th. Maybe sooner but for sure by 12PM. Doug will be beating on the car and working his tuning magic.

Hope to see some of you guys there.

46. superdoughboy4

Oh come on. Hahah. I think the spoiler gives the STi character, as well as the hood scoop.
    BRING IT BACK!!!!

47. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

That's just it.....my car isn't an STi. Although very close to one hahaha.

48. superdoughboy4

Oh whaat. Hahah. All this time, I thought the White Beast was an STi. llololoLOLOlo
    Either way, it's a beast.

49. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Wingless ftw.

Good luck at TS.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  50. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well Doug worked his magic on the car. At first we had phantom knock but it was just the crap TurboXS knock light freaking out.

Kudos to Topspeed. Doug knows what he is doing and is just flat out awesome. I was amazed at how quick the tune went once we got the idle tables ironed out. I just took the car for a drive and my hands are pure shaking from the adrenaline. Doug said on the street this feels faster than a 600 hp car. It spools like crazy.

Now think about this. It's a STOCK 2.5L with CP forged pistons. Stock rods, stock crank. I have NO AVCS. I have 2.0L heads with stock WRX valvetrain and Sti cams. Very simple and low key build. Very impressive for that setup ;) I'm happy and I just think I may be done with the car ;) We'll see.

Thanks to Topspeed for everything! Doug spec'd out this motor....I got ALL my measurements from him. Cicio is just cool....I'm gonna have to make it down here more often. Thanks to Shiring for the pad for the night....I appreciate it.

Anyways the numbers are:
    Meth --478 hp and 435 tq
    Q16 -- 527 hp and 480 tq

[​IMG]

OMG this thing is FREAKING fast. Just ask BREEL ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.