Subisport Magazine is DEAD!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dr.Chris, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

Just read today that Subisport was sold to Grass Roots Motorsport. The good news is that GRM has agreed to increase the coverage of Subarus, and have recently purchased a 2003 WRX project car. They are also keeping the guy that was running Subisport on as a writer, and he will still provide us with plenty of Subaru content. Tough market out there.

2. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

ehhh... saw this coming

3. TouringBubble

TouringBubble New Member

GRM is a good magazine though ... at least it wasn't purchased by one of the gaudy ricer mags.

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Wirelessly posted

Who publishes grm?

5. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

GRM bought Subie to dissolve it?

6. TouringBubble

TouringBubble New Member

I'm pretty sure that the SCCA is over GRM, but I don't know the specific publisher.

7. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Long ago

8. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Uhhh no... Grassroots Motorsports is not a publication of SCCA, Sports Car is the offical publication of the SCCA. I don't think an SCCA magazine would have NASA, PCA and BMWCCA coverage in it now :)?

GMR was started as an off shoot of Classic Motorsports, Tim Studdard is the editor of both magazines. If you go to any major motorsports even in the southeast a GMR writer will most likely be there (Solo National Tours, ARRC, LeMons, The Mitty etc). I personally only read GMR for Andy Hollis's tire testing articles.

9. TouringBubble

TouringBubble New Member

Ah ... that makes sense. Thanks for the clarity.

10. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

funny, back when i was writing for GRM frequently I approached them about starting an all Subaru Magazine. They turned me down and then I started writing for Subiesport. Go figure!

I think I'll e-mail my contact at GRM and see what's what

11. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

you mean GRM?

;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GMR_(magazine)

12. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

GRM was around 25 years ago. they bought Classic motorsports when it was called something else just a few years ago.

Confirmed that they bought Subiesport