Mounting 60" Plasma on wall?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by integroid, Nov 27, 2009.

1. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

So I was one of the lucky ones that got one of the 60" 1080P LG Plasma TVs at Fry's for $1295 today.

Has anyone mounted a 60" or bigger Flat Panel TV on a wall? I am a little hesitant to do so since the tv is so damn big and heavy. Do you guys think regular home studs can support such a beast?

2. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

yes the studs will be able to support the load, just make sure the bolts are in the studs...

3. Yeah,wow.I would make sure the mount can handle the weight(rating) and then get me some long ass wood screws and stud finder and bolt that puppy up.Hopefully you got the mount that the sales guy recommended so if it breaks you can blame him.(j.k.)Does it come with a regular stand?There was a big (65+) Mitsubishi at Brandsmart.I figured when they got that big that you just bought/used a stand.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  4. Trey

Trey Active Member

There are wall mounts rated for 60" screens.

Get lag bolts too..not wood screws. Pre-drill a pilot hole then use a socket.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  5. integroid

Yeah, I have seen the 65+ wall mounts and they come with lag bolts. I was just making sure it wouldn't pull the studs and mess up the entire wall after time. Thanks for the help everyone. Still deciding if we are going to buy a stand or mount it to the wall. I am leaning towards a stand so we are not stuck with it on the same wall forever.

6. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah i was gonna say most of the wall mounts 32" or bigger will have the lag screws in the kits. just make sure you get AT LEAST ONE of the screws in a stud. i used one on my 32" lcd (it weighs more than most bigger tvs nowadays) and it was MORE than enough

7. amonsta

amonsta Member

Wall mount for 60 inch but more importantly check the weight and mate it with the bracket. Lag bolts to studs is the best way. I've done many of these things! A partner or two is also a must!

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

How long did you wait in line for that? :)

9. integroid

I didn't wait at all since I was in Nashville. My friend waited about 8 hours up at Fry's for me. Well, he was buying other things as well and went ahead and got the TV for me since he was there all night.

10. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

wow sweet deal
    this is the 720p plasma right? that thing is huge

11. integroid

Wirelessly posted

No, this is the 1080P Plasma. I wouldn't have gotten the 60 if it was 720p.

12. amonsta

amonsta Member

Wow Great freaking deal! Hope you got a warranty with it. Ive had many clients plasmas go out in a short period of time. Knocking on wood for ya