Coolrex's Dyno Sheet

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by wagunz_pwn, Dec 11, 2009.

1. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Is the motor finished? we're all waiting.

:wavey:

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

inquiring minds want to know!

:D

3. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Hahaha. Robbie has a few tunes to do tomorrow. He's gonna try to squeeze me in when I get up there tomorrow.

4. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I've been driving the car for a few days now btw.

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I also have a slight oil leak on the killerb oil pan and a little coolant leak due to a loose overflow hose. Hoping to fix those in the morning.

6. FACE

FACE Active Member

Updates please!

7. b reel

b reel Active Member

^^He as to wait his turn for a tune today Burch, I just hope he doesn't file to fit his hose clamps.

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Not gonna get tuned today.....I'm watching an identical setup get tuned.

Waiting to talk with Robbie and see what day I need to take off work ;)

Sorry.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  9. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Your Mom's House)

this is ridiculous...you always have excuses!

;)

10. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Post Whore

11. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Who is Robbie?

12. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

the tuner at Epic Motorsports in Fayetteville, NC

13. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

My new tuner. 1 1/2 hours from me sure beats 6 hours and he has already proved himself worthy to me.

My old gimp tune was HORRIBLE and barely driveable. I sat down with Robbie and told him my mods....watched him make a map without using anyone else's settings other than the 70mm blow thru maf mapping and loaded up my APv2. It was so smooth and was virtually flawless for a gimp map that mandated < 5 psi boost. I sure was impressed.

Anyways I have an appointment for Wednesday so you guys will have to wait. Doing the full pump tune AND the methanol tune if all goes well :eek:.

2.5L and 9.0:1 CR is where it's at....dang this car is so freaking driveable.....LOVING the offboost response.

You'll survive and get over it ;) Multi quote button doesn't work/show up on my mobile phone.

14. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Can't wait too see numbers.... I am sure they will be crazy..

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I've instructed Robbie to keep this car as safe as possible. I'm not going to push this car aggressive like I did the EJ205. I'm aiming for 420+ hp on the Mustang which will be around 450-460hp on Topspeed's dyno. I 'may' get him to do a 'kill' map though....we'll see.

16. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

New pics in journal.

17. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

End result. 424hp and 411tq at 22psi and super conservative timing. That's about 470hp on Topspeeds dyno.

18. Jake

Jake Active Member

Bring it to topspeeds dyno. I expected more. I wanna see big numbers out of that setup!

19. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

470 hp at 22psi and you expected more? You crazy. And no I will not bring it to Topspeed's dyno. Doubt the car will ever go back to Atlanta, it too far away.

We maxed out the blow thru maf. Spring time may bring an AEM. Dunno.

We fought to keep the A/F smooth and straight. It's staying within +/- .2 AFR so it's safe and fine which you can see the graph lines.

In reality Blow thru MAF's are not the best but refusing to tune them is just flat out unacceptable...it can be done just fine. Just be ready to max it out fast.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  20. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Sounds like a monster.!

21. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I'm sure many will say "You say that now..." but I don't want anymore power. It's freaking FAST!

22. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

23. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

You say that now:) You will get use to it after about a month. Ask me how I know:)

24. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Haha....I'm done. Drawing the line here. Going to start the next project......adding onto the house.

25. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

blow through maf's do suck.. hence the wavy afr's..

oh and if your ever in the atl.. swing by I will put her on they dyno to see what she makes.

26. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Indeed they do. It was wanting to lean out badly after 6K rpms so Robbie dumped fuel in....better rich than lean. For now I'll keep it as is. I may go with a KSTech in the spring but I'm gonna have to figure out something with the intake routing as it is cramped up in there. If my two pipes were reversed then I would be set!

27. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

what heads are you running? I figured with meth you'd be closer to the 500 mark

28. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I would be closer if I boosted it more and gave it more timing. But I didn't want that and REMEMBER that's on a Mustang dyno.....reads vastly lower than Dynojets.

2.0L heads with cleanup porting (very mild) and STi cams.

29. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

30. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Looks awesome!

31. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

22 psi doug.

32. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Nice numbers.... I am sure it's a monster.

33. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

This car amazes me every day. I'm in love with my Suby all over again.

Man-handled a C6 Z06 with intake and exhaust this morning. He spun......I took off and said ADIOS!