$150k... for an evo... bwahhaa

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Doug@DBW Motorsports, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

2. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

WOW! this is almost as bad as 25k for a bugeye... maybe this car has sentimental value for the owner?

3. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I'll give them 15k for it. Maybe it's a typo

4. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

KBB for that is 18... i doubt they would undersell KBB

5. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah mybe they threw an extra 0 in there. or maybe since the owner has the same last name as Ken Block that automatically adds another 0 on to the end of any vehicle they own

6. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

i was thinking that too

7. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

this remind me of the m3 that was selling for 100k. lololo

And I doubt that it's a typo, I don't see that car selling for 15k.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  8. ZenMotors

ZenMotors Member

I saw the write up on the car on evom. It's a wicked car for sure. Chad knows his stuff, and a pleasure to work with. But let's be real.... $150k and has Enkei's! Some of the dopest evo's in the world sell for $45-60k. These cars do not hold value. Period!

I haven't seen that car break any records or anything this year. Good luck to him!

9. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

saw this car at RA at the last petit lemans...

id pay up to $50k for it...

those brakes alone be worth 10k.

10. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Car ran 1 or 2 events... placed mid pack iirc.

11. Meredith

Meredith Banned

That's the deal breaker for me .... They couldn't get some volks or CCWs or something for $150k?

12. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

It was on the cover of Import Tuner! How can it not be worth 150k?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  13. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Fixed.

14. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I don't understand why the front intercooler is so low. I would imagine you would have a hard time getting this thing on or off a trailer, and if you actually raced it, I would be afraid of bumping it on curbing.

(apparently comes with a douchebag sitting on the valve cover too:)
    [​IMG]

Another intercooler pic:
    [​IMG]

The wing looks OK, I guess...
    [​IMG]

But not a fan of how they just screwed on the body kit:
    [​IMG]

I have seen pics of other cars with Voltex stuff, and it didn't look this bad.

15. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

16. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

doublepost

17. Ryan@Forged

Ryan@Forged Member

First off, this car is not actually for sale. I know Chad very well and asked him why it was up there and why at that price. His response what he thought it would bring a bit of publicity to his shop, which is has. He said the car was not for sale, but if someone wanted to give him $150k he would sell it. High price tag because he doesn't want to sell it.

He has only entered in 1 RTA event which he had a transmission/clutch failure and had to drop out. No competition laps were attempted. I think you will find this car will be one of the fastest AWD Modified cars competing next year.

He actually had TE37s on there for awhile and switched to the Enkei's due to the weight and the cost. He wanted a wheel that would be easy to replace. If you have ever damaged a special order Volk you know how much of a pita it can be. Enkei's are cheap, light weight, and easy to get.

The IC is actually not that low. It fits exactly where it should. It appears lower in those pics due to the front splitter being mounted on the car. It actually is not that hard to get on and off the trailer. He does race it, splitter hits before the IC would :cool:

The wing is wind tunnel tested and provides a tremendous amount of downforce. I personally think the wing is ugly, but it works.

As far as the Voltex stuff goes, function over form...

Most Voltex kits are molded on which looks nice, but presents problems if you have an incident on track. The riveted fenders can be taken off in less than 2 minutes. It may not be the prettiest thing, but definitely more functional than molding it on. Mine is done the same way. I don't honestly think the rivets look that bad...

You can see my rivets in these pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

How much less does your carbon fiber hood weigh over the stock one? I remember my stock evo hood being damn light.

Bench racing is fun...

As for the Voltex stuff, I did think it looked cool on the cyber evo:
    [​IMG]
    but I don't like the way it looks your car and the one listed for sale.

19. Modified? I would sure hope its the fastest Modified car for even the joke price to be $150k.

Also, if I were him I would re-think my advertising campaign

20. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

+11ty

Is Doug ever going to get his build up and going again? It was nice to see his more purpose-built build, vs something that you would see at a Varsity meet. ;)

21. Ryan@Forged

Ryan@Forged Member

I'm hardly bench racing here. I don't recall saying one car will be faster than another. My reference to the car originally posted about was saying it will be one of the faster cars in RTA next year. I have more than enough data to back up my statements. If you choose not to believe me that is fine, wait until the results next year.

Most track cars I see are not the prettiest cars in the world. They are meant to race, not to win car shows. If these cars were meant to please the eye they would have molded body kits on them with big heavy wheels. The fenders are riveted on the cars so they can be taken off quickly.

22. Ryan@Forged

Ryan@Forged Member

I don't know if it will be THE fastest, but I would say one of the fastest. I'm not sure anyone can catch Ryan Gates right now. Guess we will have to see how everything plays out next year with the new rule changes.

I see nothing wrong with his advertising campaign. Where I wouldn't do it myself it has served it's purpose. It apparently was noticeable enough to get your/Doug's attention, even if it's in a negative way.

23. We would love to have time to build the green shell, but unfortunately we are spending most of our time and resources building the GT2 right now. You will see the TopSpeed Porsche entered in ALOT of events in 2010! Including Redline TA. The Subaru will probably be a project for the 2011 season and we will run two cars.

24. Ryan is pretty fast, your right i'm interested in what the 2010 season will hold as well.

We did have a laugh about it so I guess your right about that....

25. Ryan@Forged

Ryan@Forged Member

I can't wait to see what you guys do with the GT2 :bigthumb:

26. Should be good times for all! Looking forward to your 370 too!

27. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Congrats on the GT2!

28. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Every set of RPF1s I've owned have bent or warped..... that's three sets! Meanwhile the used 16x7.5 SSRs on my Civic that have been used as much as the enkeis are straight as an arrow. We recently forked out for volks because I'm sick of having bent RPF1s....

29. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Volks FTW :) I will get you a set for your S2000 after I sell the BMW...

30. Ryan@Forged

Ryan@Forged Member

I am in no way saying Enkei's are better. I have 3 sets of Volks right now and never had an issue and likely never will. I rather pay more for a strong quality wheel. However, there are those who don't think this way and would rather keep buying cheap wheels over and over. This is the reason for the Enkei's are on the discussed car.