Does my car have "HEAT"???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by neurosyn, Jan 14, 2010.

1. neurosyn

neurosyn New Member

Does my car have "HEAT"???
    Ok so I've been running into some strange occurrences with the local PD's. I do virtually no street racing and I am extremely cautious when open my 03 scoob up. For some reason the police departments seem to have my number.

I was going to get my groceries one morning in Atlanta, and i saw a cop in Fellini's pizza sitting at the corner of howell mill. Point being I pull into publix i get out of my car to find he is right behind me with the lights on. Over the PA he says, "Get back in your car sir." Whatever he comes does the typical license and registration and then proceeds to walk around my car 3 times. He finally comes back and asks what type of car and year I was driving. He explains that he was running plates and he thought mine was an expired tag, but he checked again and it wasn't. This was a brand new tag, and tags have letters for the year you receive them. I got it in 2009 how could it have been old, a cop must know that. I didn't think too much of it this time, but today something stranger happened...

An undercover followed me for quite some time and even went into the gas station. I saw him txt something while he was starring at my vehicle. I hung around a minute just to see his behavior. It was very strange he left as soon as i did from the gas station. I have a difficult time describing it, but even my brother thought it was kinda creepy.

I haven't mentioned the countless times cops in ATL follow me for a very long peroid of time..

I could be just paranoid, lmao :/

2. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Never happened to me.

3. neurosyn

neurosyn New Member

I don't sell drugs and I'm pretty clean with the law.

4. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Color? Exhaust? Wing? Any other cop-magnet bling?

5. neurosyn

neurosyn New Member

Prodrive exhaust no other cop magnet stuff. car is clean no odd colors (not red or yellow). IDK nothing fancy I took the stock wrx wing off

6. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

just run from them and leave them in the dust...once cops realize they can't catch you, they'll leave you alone

7. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

I would just straight up ask the next one you have a run-in with. Don't be cocky, just tell him what's going on and be polite.

Or try to out run them like 07LTd recommended.

8. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

ahhh you're being made fun of over in OT. :banana:

9. This is probably a good idea, just go up to the police station and state your concern. You shouldn't be hassled just because of the type of car you drive. It could be that they are looking for someone that has a vehicle similar to yours or maybe someones' 03 scoob that matches yours was stolen. The first cop probably pulled the "expired tags" bit just to have a reason to check to see if it was the person they were looking for or the car that was stolen. It sounds like the undercover guy ran your tags. Who knows.

10. TOI

TOI Member

i know the feeling, the PD in my lhometown would always pull me over in my old jeep, which i had lifted and every off road goodie i could destroy on it. funny thing is i would get pulled over for speeding half the time. and i dont think that jeep could even have gone 70mph with out falling apart.

11. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

do what this guy said and don't get caught :coolugh: