Atlanta autocross schedule?

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by 92ra-r, Jan 17, 2010.

1. 92ra-r

92ra-r Member

Anyone have any info on this? I have found autocross schedules for Middle GA SCCA and some in TN, but nothing for the local events. I saw that Redline pulled out as title sponsor, but I was hoping that wouldn't shut down the whole program.
    I guess I'll get ready to go to Macon on Jan 31 for their first event and a tune up for the Valdosta Rallycross in Feb. Anyone have any other suggestions?

2. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Program is still active, and schedule is being finalized now.

3. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

lemme know when the six flags event is again, by far the best...they better have that high speed slalom again, I enjoyed watching vettes spin out 100 yards off track. 4th gear STi ratio, 85mph slalom...good stuff

4. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I might come out and run an event this year with the speed3. Also, probably make it to an event or two and just take pics. Any Gwinnett events this year, or have those asshats managed to permanently push solo out of the Fairgrounds?

5. 92ra-r

92ra-r Member

Great news! I'm happy there will be local events! I'm in Stone Mountain, so Six Flags or Turner or Gwinnett are all pretty close!

6. Meredith

Meredith Banned

No there have not been events at Gwinnett for over 2 years.... the schedule is coming, keep in mind we have 9to5 jobs aside from running the region.

7. b reel

b reel Active Member

8. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

We are still waiting to confirm a couple of dates from the schedule. I will post up the schedule on Friday regardless.

9. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

blah blah blah

10. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

hey you can't bitch you haven't autocrossed in years.

You'd be surprised at how much time and sacrifice being a part of team solo can be on a member. I'm not even as integral as some of the other members and it is still a lot of time away from family.

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

When the schedule is finalized please let me know. I will add it to our Event calendar.

12. STillGruven

STillGruven Member

I am up for SOLO!!!!

I did just two events in my 76 280Z and am ready to see what my STi can do. Or more likely what I can do in my STi.

85 mph slaloms!? FTW!!!!

Big Bangs for the bucks. 40.00 or so to race? Lots of cools cars going fast. What's not to like?

M-

13. 92ra-r

92ra-r Member

Planning? UGH... I ran the rally program in Florida Region before coming up here-events each month, having to get Fridays off to go set up courses, meetings, etc.. It certainly is a huge undertaking. I haven't gotten involved in the planning aspect of things since. It really detracts from the enjoyment of the event as a competitor.
    My hat is off to you guys as planners!!
    Thank you!

14. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

working the course.

15. STillGruven

STillGruven Member

Hey Boomjoon,

Yeah standing on the asphalt in high heat is not fun. Getting a good look at where the tricky spots are is a plus though.

Bring water and a big hat all will be fine.

16. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

17. 92ra-r

92ra-r Member

Excellent news! Thanks.
    I'll be rallycrossing Feb 28th, but I'll come to other events.

18. NuralEnFluX

NuralEnFluX New Member

Looking forward to a great season.