Pennzoil Ultra

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by goixiz, Feb 12, 2010.

1. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

If you like Pennzoil and you prefer the Platinum over the YB than the new ULTRA will make you fall in love.

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

What if I dont like Penzoil?

3. b reel

b reel Active Member

Well then I guess you won't prefer the Platinum? Damn logic...

4. WJM

WJM Banned

Then you will keep on disliking it like I do.

5. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

On paper wise there is not many oil that has a better value. And as far as performance wise (minus the super demanding engines) there is only a handful that is off the shelf oil that can even compete.

6. WJM

WJM Banned

^On paper and real world are two entirely different things.

7. Alex

So you are suggesting this oil for a car like my gf's Corolla then?

8. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I have to somewhat agree with Ming. Form what I have read, this oil is suppose to be a really good oil.

9. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Like i said if your car does not have built internals it will be a great oil. If you cant make it on paper how can you make it to the real world - IMHO.

I wont hesitate to pour this in any of my cars. There arent any UOA yet because its fairly new. The TBN is almost 13. Thats in the amsoil range. I guess amsoil better have some new lube on its pipeline to justify the premium price. dont forget the Pennzoil ultra is available OTS

10. Alex

You prefer this to Rotella now?

11. WJM

WJM Banned

The F-111B made it on paper...but FAILED in the real world.

12. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

i will still use Rotella (old not T6) i have 5 gals, for summer months
    But once my GC runs out I will either use CE (castrol edge) or PU (penn ultra) and compare to the GC.

I plan to stretch the PU to 5k miles if the UOA is available.

the honda is on PP 0w-20 (not 5w-20) till i run out. Pennzoil Platinum 0w-20 is not readily available. Ill change when the OLM reads 20% - thats about 6500 miles. It will get the Castrol edge this summer (mainly because i have lots of it) otherwise i wont even blink bout putting the PU

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  13. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

so what oil do you use

14. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I'm still going with the theory that is it doesn't really matter what oil you use as long as its known good. Especially since most of us change at 3k. I don't get it when people say that one oil is awesome and they love it.. and what not. How do you know you love it? I suppose if you go thru an oil analysis you could say your car likes it. But I'd bet most don't and are just trying to justify themselves paying $8 a quart when they don't have to..... This is not based on the OP, just a generalization.

15. WJM

WJM Banned

[​IMG]

16. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Thats a good oil it looks awesome on paper

17. WJM

WJM Banned

It looks average on paper and performs like an F-14D in the real world.

Hence the reason most fleets use that oil.

18. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

So how often do you change the oil ? Do you do any UOA ?
    So will using 15w-40 void a new cars warranty ?

19. b reel

b reel Active Member

I prefer the Super Hornet now that the bigbird is dead

20. WJM

WJM Banned

5k miles. Capacity is 11.5qts. I'm sure I could go 10k or even 15k, but I like to keep it safe at 5k. If my capacity was stock (4.2qts) I would be changing at 3k.

Every oil change.

Any oil not specified in the owners and service manual will void and will not void the warranty.

If you do not use the specified oil your engine warranty is void.

If you use whatever piss shit cheapest lowest bidder oil that is 100% NOT SPECIFIED by FHI and SOA and change it every 3,000 to 7,500 miles at your local dealership, you will always have a warranty, until it expires.

If you use the *EXACT* specified oil that FHI says to use and change it *ON THE DOT* when FHI says to change it _AND_ only use the FHI filter, but never go to the dealer, your warranty will be void.

If you pay the $28+shipping to get the FHI filter from JAPAN that is now replaced with the 12A filter by SOA for the US market, your warranty is void.

If you use the Fram PH6607/PH3593A filter instead of the 12A (eventho the filters are 100% identical and made by the same parent company to the *EXACT* same specifications) your warranty is void.

If you use the H6 filter on a non-H6, your warranty is void.

So in a nutshell, unless you go to the dealer for every oil change and use what they install on the vehicle, your warranty can and will be voided at some point somehow when you need it the most no matter what you do.

21. WJM

WJM Banned

Bigbird is not dead. ~50 live on guarding the gates of Persia.

22. b reel

b reel Active Member

Are you talking about the ones Jimmy Carter sold to the Shaw of Iran in the 70's? I think at best those are considered static displays now. I think there are some Air Farce generals laughing their collective asses off on that sale being that the "I rans" wanted the F-15.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  23. WJM

WJM Banned

I guess you really dont know your history then.

The Iranian F-14's are very much alive as we speak. Iran's industry is quite strong and they have a fully operation and quite successful F-14 rebuild/remanufacturing program. Much like our F-14A to F-14B and F-14A to F-14D conversions were considered 'zero time' airframes after they underwent the conversion, their program is even more involved.
    Their infrastructure for keeping the Tomcat alive and operating better than it was originally designed is quite awesome.

Not to mention the F-14 is more capable than the F-15.

24. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Can I ask where your obsession with the F-14 comes from? Don't get me wrong, great plane for its time, Top Gun was an awesome movie but... The plane is in its yesteryear whether or not Iran is retooling them or not... F-14 better than the F-15?? Really? You obviously are very knowledgeable about the F14, but I think you need to do you homework about other models....

25. WJM

WJM Banned

It's only the greatest aircraft to grace the skies of Earth.

Top Gun? You're joking I hope...
    Top Gun, Final Countdown, JAG, Executive Decision, etc; all Hollywood creations. Yes the F-14 happens to be there and yes the F-14 made Tom Cruise famous. The movies have nothing to do with my F-14 likings. Most stuff in the Hollywood creations are false.

Yes. Ask all the Eagle jocks who got their pictures taken like this
    [​IMG]
    from an F-14 HUD camera...that's the GUN symbology there.

Not to mention a Tomcat can shoot any Eagle down before the Eagle realizes its coming. Something something radar range something AIM-54C Phoenix.

I have. The EF-2000, F-35 and F-22 will give the Tomcat some serious trouble, but since no one did any adversary ACM training, no one knows for sure. techlord will come in here and tell you that the F-22 is undefeated and shot down 11tybillion F-14s and everything in the simulator.

But, the F-22 has been shot down at Red Flag twice that is known. F-16C and a T-38. Here's the T-38 footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXmDj3mFrXQ&fmt=18

Here's another one for you: An F-14 squadron was invited to Red Flag, once. *ONCE* Never again were they invited. Sources tell me they 'crashed the Air Force's party' so only F-18 squadrons were invited from that point on.

I have done my homework. I'm well aware of most aircraft and their capabilities which are not classified.

26. Alex

...Right then, so back to the oil. Have you had any UOAs performed on the new T6 Rotella?

27. b reel

b reel Active Member

Will, I think a dose of Iron Eagle will clean you right up followed by some "Flight of the Intruder"

Alex I'll let you check his UOA's after watching those great all time classics.

Oh, long live the Boeing P-26 Peashooter by far the best fighter to ever fly

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  28. WJM

WJM Banned

I've seen Iron Eagle a million times.

" 'Dis is da bluu berd, I be ready to RE-fool."

:rofl:

29. Alex

I'll just answer my own question here: T6 is the same as "T" 5w40 save for two things: (1) new label and (2) it is more shear stable. I will continue to run it in the Subaru. Despite popular rumors, it appears to be confirmed that it is not based on group IV/PAO stock but rather the same group III.

30. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

*Ricky Bobby* → If you don't like BIG RED then FU

31. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

most beautiful plane ever built coupled with the greatest movie of the 1980s.

32. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Its difficult to be a PAO base oil and be that price competitive

33. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

greatest movie of the 80s that has the greatest love song ever written in it

34. integroid

Which song are you talking about?

35. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

take my breath away, duh.

36. integroid

LOL, just making sure...yes, I cry everytime I hear that song.