Cliff bar vs Power Bar

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alex, Feb 18, 2010.

?

King of the nasty protein bars

1. Cliff Bar

16 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Power Bar

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Personally, I find power bars to be disgusting.

What's your vote?

2. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

3. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

PowerBar does have some newer stuff that I like. I dont remember what it is called though. I usually take one with me on a long ride.

4. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Clif Bar. Black Cherry Almond or Cool Mint Chocolate.

5. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

where's the "don't give a fuck" option?

6. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

It's outside. Go look for it, and come back when you've found it.

7. Alex

I opted to not have that option on the poll. This is for the caring folks :)

8. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Clif bars. Way better texture than powerbars, although I cant really tell a difference when I eat one vs the other. And Clif bars dont get goopy if they're in a hot camelbak all afternoon.

9. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Cliff bars FTW.

I like the flavors and texture of the cliff bars WAY more than the power bars. Plus they seem to be more filling.

Blueberry crisp, yummy.

10. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

the last case of detour bars i bought were recalled because of salmonella in the peanut butter.. have not wasted money on any bar since then though.

11. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Your Mom's House)

they all look someone pre-chewed them for you.

12. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

i like snickers energy bars. they look alot less pre-chewed and Robo-copish

13. techlord

techlord Active Member

try out the Met-Rx Big Colossal Peanut butter pretzel

14. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

that's pretty sassy from the pussy who refuses a free drink at a bar. maybe that poll option is in the same jar where you keep your dick.

15. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

By jar you mean your mother?

16. One year we brought power bars backpacking in the cold weather.They were very hard to eat.Almost impossible.Cliff bars do not do this and taste better.Cliff bars have some of the better ingredients if you want to eat healthier.

17. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

Does "King of Nasty" mean its good or bad?

Power bar tastes like compressed chalk.

Cliff bars are way better. At least you get a lot of flavor choices, so at least a few will be tasty.

18. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

I voted for the one I like better, not the nastiest. Cliff uses better quality ingedients, and tastes 10x better than anything I've had from powerbar. More recently I've been using Hammer Nutrition products, and use perpetum as a protein drink on the longer days, and their gels and heed for electrolyte replacement. I guess the biggest question is, what are you using this for?

19. Clif Bars! The brownie one is awesome. I eat them even when we're not out riding. I like the Clif builder's bar too. Peanut butter... mmmmmm. Had one the other night for a snack. :drool:

20. Alex

It was more a generalization about how no protein bars taste all that great :)

But it is intended, if you read the OP, to be which do you like the most. :tasty:

21. Alex

I am not using it for anything? I was at the grocery store at 4am while waiting to bail a friend out of jail and thought to myself, "Hey, I wonder which one tastes better?" And...Cliff destroyed powerbar on that fateful evening.

22. Jake

Jake Active Member

i only voted powerbar, because im not sure i've had a cliff bar or at least i cant remember if i have. the detours are good too, i used to have one of those almost daily when i still lived up there