Allure of the Automobile at The High Museum – Share your Story

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by blaster, Feb 23, 2010.

1. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Hey guys, my lady works on the web for The High Museum o' Fart and has a microsite up for their new car show, The Allure of the Automobile. You should check it out. The show looks pretty awesome, and I'm definitely excited to go check out the '53 Porsche 550. Sex on wheels right there.

http://high.org/autos/get-in-gear.html

It would also be a big help if some of you guys check out the sort of blog setup they've got, too, and could dive in and share a story about your first car, a restoration, a mishap (of which there are plenty here, I'm sure), racing, or a classic that you love. The tough thing about user-generated content is that there needs to be an initial push of users to, well, generate content, and I told they lady I'd post here to try and recruit some of you.

The direct link to share your story is http://www.high.org/ShareYourStory

2. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

I may have to come back for this exhibit. Maybe after ING 1/2 marathon next month.

3. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

I saw the lineup of cars that were going to be on display back in 2008 and it promises to be an amazing spread

4. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

hey, can you organize a WRXAtlanta showing?

5. blaster

I'll see what I can do. Pretty sure we can get a group rate at the very least.

6. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I'd be down for that. I'm excited to go see the show.

7. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

This is awesome!

8. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I joined the museum just to see this show! I will def. hit the blog and leave a short post...

9. blaster

Bump.

It really would help out if you guys could revisit the site and please, please post a story to http://www.high.org/ShareYourStory.

Also, I asked the lady, and we can get a group rate to the museum with 10 or more people. They're open in the evenings on Thursday and Friday, and group rates still count on the weekends. Anybody interested? Start throwing out some dates that work for you all.

10. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

This is something I found out the last time I was there, but anyone who has a Bank of America Visa credit card can get in FREE the first weekend of every month. So I'm going the first weekend in April.

11. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

i'm down for whenever i'm not working

12. blaster

Justin, didn't your dad make you rebuild the engine on your first car or something? And now you're a successful engineer working for Google? That sounds like a story that should be posted to http://www.high.org/ShareYourStory…

13. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

^ good luck with that one.

14. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I've got a membership so I am down to go whenever.

15. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

yes, he did. in the yard with a piece of cardboard under it.

if I wanted to drive, I had to fix it. 1987 honda accord

16. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Same, I just use my dad's membership since we've got the same name.

17. FACE

FACE Active Member

I would live to see this as well...too bad the site is not iPhone friendly.

18. C_wagginz

C_wagginz Member

On a related note, Groupon has discounted 1yr memberships for sale today only.

$45 for dual membership (normally $90)
    $32 for indiv. membership (normally $65)

Offer expires tonight around 11:59p.

Groupon/Atlanta

That being said. I'm getting a membership and would love to get in on a group visit one weekend...

19. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

There is a wicked good deal if you have a student id.