My new DD

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ben@TTR, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

I sold my 77 Chevy LUV and bought this terd to drive around. Hell, its nowhere near as nice as Coolrex's new ride but im still happy. I got a SUPER deal on it and with just a few repairs done today its running perfect. :wiggle:

[​IMG]

2. b reel

b reel Active Member

I don't think I would have posted pics of that

3. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

:rofl: it runs..i feel like i won the lottery lmao. dont rain on my motherfriggin parade brian.

4. b reel

b reel Active Member

but since you did, might as well show the drivers seat

5. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

LOL *facepalm* were not gonna go there....its a seat, that is all.

6. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

whats on the seat? lol

great gas mileage i hope

7. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

HAHA! it has a friggin padded nos racing seat style cover on it..its straight JDM yo! adds like 17hp.....

No, but seriously the seat cover is ghey but it covers a giant hole in the drivers seat lol. ne one have a hookup on some seats?

8. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

I bought it for the gas mileage and bc its waaaay easier to find parts for this than the LUV

9. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

cool, I have a 240sx that gets great mileage too, if i ever manage to break a KA24DE somehow, replacements are everywhere just like yours

10. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

si? dx? hf?

if you ever sell it, can i call dibs?

11. b reel

b reel Active Member

pull a part is your friend, the one out in Lithonia is the best

12. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

its an hf

13. trouble06

trouble06 Member

Does it have a bump the near the gas cap?
    If so, I owned that car 8 years ago!! It was running awesome!!

14. Meredith

Meredith Banned

While the ride height looks silly and I don't know what's going on with the hood I wouldn't knock a second gen CRX. Second Gen CRX/EF Civics have some of the best suspension geometry (double A-arm all around) on a FWD car versus the mostly McStrut layout that Subarus have.

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Nice.....least you can now get 40 mpg if not more.

16. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

that and a max speed of 60.

17. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

the perfect DD.

:D

18. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Especially for the way you drive it :bowdown:

19. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Nice DD, my first car in high school was a 90 Si I miss it dearly I had it for 8 years

20. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I picked up an 88 crx si a few weeks ago and am loving it.

21. b reel

b reel Active Member

It's not that bad of a car on a new moon night and I think it has more ground clearance than the Ranger

22. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

Lmao! Yes it does. That's too funny.

23. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Think the previous owner put a lift kit on it in order to get those wheels under it....

24. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

LOL yeah it's up there. I'm gonna be lowering It sooner or later. A friend of mine just donated a vtec head for it. It's sooo tempting to slap that on there for more power but I think I'll leave it alone for now. I spent today rebuilding the brakes and wiring in a radio and speakers. It's coming along nicely, all it really needs now are some tires.

25. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Here is a pic of mine:
    [​IMG]

Not as low as my civic, but I can pull into my driveway without scraping :)

I have a couple of D16Y8 VTEC heads if you need them. Both of my cars have the stock D16A6 in them. I also have some D16A6 heads.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  26. tolnep

tolnep Member

i have a full ground control setup on my 2003 WRX.

the reason i choose ground control is because i had that setup on my 91 CRX HF. i loved that car. been driving since 68 and the CRX is one of my favorites of all time. i am tempted from time to time to see if i can find one i can bring home..

my car wouldnt go more than about 90. but it got close to 50 mpg and with the suspension it was like being in a go cart. and it was mega cheap to maintain.

if honda made a real up to date version of that car, i would have one (CRZ doesnt count because it neither gets great gas mileage or like the CRX SI has good power).

I've always had more than one car at a time. my toy is my WRX. But to replace my CRX (which got t-boned in a wreck) i currently drive a FIT.

Hondas are great cars for what they are. and the CRX was one of their best.

on an aside, i always wanted to drop a big motor into the thing. at one time i i was considering a DART based block. but the cost to get the built motor in the car was 12k. too much for a front wheel drive car.

27. trouble06

trouble06 Member

That was my car!!!! :banana::banana: hahaha!
    We are living in a small world! and I'm glad it still running!

28. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

lmao yeah me too, although it was in rough shape and wasnt running all too well when i got it. I drove it to work for the first time today..do you have any old pics of it? i wonder how much better shape it was in when you had it

29. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

awesome! nice cars man, thanks for the offer. im still undecided if i want to do anything at all to this thing other than just fixing whats wrong with it

30. Trey

Trey Active Member

What's with the min in that pic?

I just got a 96 Civic CX for a daily as well. It came with an ITR swap so it's fun but needs some TLC. The front upper ball joints and tie-rod ends need to be replaced. Probably do that when I install the 11.1" rotors that I just ordered. The same kit will bolt to your knuckles as well.

31. Trey

Trey Active Member

What's with the mini in that pic?

I just got a 96 Civic CX for a daily as well. It came with an ITR swap so it's fun but needs some TLC. The front upper ball joints and tie-rod ends need to be replaced. Probably do that when I install the 11.1" rotors and S2000 calipers that I just ordered. The same kit will bolt to your knuckles as well.