Anyone here work at Brandsmart or Fry's?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by integroid, Mar 7, 2010.

1. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Looking to get an Onkyo receiver and was wondering if anyone could hook me up?

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

amazon.com

;)

3. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Sparta works at Frys

4. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Go on frys.com and look up the plu number of the one your interested in and i'll see if i get a discount on it. I cant guarantee i can save you anything because our discounts are hit or miss depending on the mark up of the product, but i will try.

5. Matt

for shits and giggles

ONKYO TX-SR607 7.2 REC
    7.2 A/V Receiver with HDMI Up-Conversion
    Frys # 5891293

6. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Good receiver! I have the 606 and really couldn't be happier. (Well I could, but not at the same price point...).

7. Matt

I've been 'stalking' this receiver for months. I should have jumped on it when it was $350 shipped on amazon. Now it's at 400 shipped. Might still jump on it.

8. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

i see a wrx at frys near gwinnett place mall all the time, find him!

9. integroid

ONKYO TX-SR707

Onkyo:
    FRYS.com #: 5996934

Brandsmart has it for $599 but the one I went to was out of stock of them.

and Matt, I checked Amazon and Brandsmart was cheaper in the sotre.

10. Trey

Trey Active Member

The New Pioneers are $550-599 and are HDMI 1.4, 3D ready, all the HD audio codecs.

11. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

K ill check when i go in in the morning. Any more request?

12. Matt

what about after tax? that's usually the breaking point right there. I get free shipping and no tax. ;)

13. integroid

It was $680 at Amazon.

14. integroid

Trey, what models are you talking about? Nothing on Pioneer's website.

15. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

i can do $569.22 plus tax

16. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

$360 plus tax

17. integroid

Thanks bro...let me do a little more research. I am 90% sure that is the one I want. If so, I will get you some cash.

18. motomark

motomark Loudest fuel pump Tucker Supporting Member

I'd love to pick up an RC-180 so I can stream Pandora in the house without the laptop hooked up. I have an old 602 series that has been bomb proof it was a refurb I bought of ecost.com for $199, and could not be happier (other than I wish it would support digital sources for Zone B speakers on the patio, but I'm just nitpicking)

19. integroid

After further research, I think I am waiting for the Pioneer VSX-1120-K to be released next month.

Matt, I would suggest you wait for the Pioneer VSX-1020-K. It should be in your price range.

20. Matt

I was looking at that on engadget the other day. Definitely considering it. I have a Denon right now, but it doesn't have HDMI so I'm limited with all my NEW gadgets that do have HDMI.

thanks for the input, Eddie

21. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

onkyo also sells factory reconditioned ones on their site. recommended by avsforum goers

22. Trey

Trey Active Member

23. integroid

Thanks Trey. I think I am going to wait for the 1120 so I can control it with my netbook. Also, I am going to wait to see how much stores actually sell it for once it is released. Who sells stuff at MSRP these days:)

24. Trey

Trey Active Member

Agreed, I'd need the 1120 since it has 8 channel pre-outs for my amp. Wish it had 8-channel input for my SACD/ DVD-A player too.

25. jesus888

jesus888 Member

Does Fry's have washer/dryers? I just bought a new house, and the last 3 things I need are a Washer, Dryer, and 32" LCD for the kitchen :)

26. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Yes, they do have washers/dryers

27. jesus888

jesus888 Member

I guess my next question, then is... Sparta... can you get the hook up on a front-load washer and dryer and a 32" lcd? I'm in the market within the next week or so... Holla!!

28. integroid

There really isnt a whole lot of markup in washers/dryers. What I ended up doing was finding the model I wanted, Shopping around for the cheapest price, then taking it to Lowe's and they matched it, plus took 10% off. They use to also take the additional 10% off card from the post office, but has stopped doing that on price matches. The manager showed me on the washer I purchased that I got it for $125 under his cost since fry's was selling it so cheap to begin with. Just make sure you have some sort of proof of the price you find. I had to actually take the sign from Fry's to prove to them that was the price they were selling it for.

29. Matt

In my experience, Brandsmart doesn't even require proof.

30. integroid

Yeah but they only pricematch...Lowe's will beat it by 10% if you bring proof.

31. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

check around places like craigslist and you can find them for stupid cheap...all the houses that are foreclosing and having bankruptcy filed on them, the soon to be not owners are gutting them and selling appliances for dirt cheap. Newegg and woot also have some pretty awesome deals on the LCD

32. Matt

While this is true, you can always take the 10% off yourself before give them the price and they will take that. :p

33. jesus888

jesus888 Member

Well, does anyone have any suggestions on which washer/dryer to go with? I know opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one... but some folks have already done some of the research on these 2 items... I'm thinking $1000 for washer/dryer (together) and about $250 for the tv... but of course, I want high quality chit that is a good value...

34. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

35. Trey

Trey Active Member

36. Matt

noob settings!!

37. Also, check with Lowes and Home Depot, alot of times they will have scratch and dent items, and they mark them down a decent amount.

As to which washer/dryer you should go with, for $1000.00 will narrow down alot of choices. It will be kinda hard to find both at that price. Might want to look at something other than front loaders for that price.

$250.00 for the TV is pushing it some, but you can find deals just watch internet sales. This was the best I could find.
    http://www.recoupit.com/Televisions/32-inch/Vizio/Vizio-VO320E-32-LCD-HDTV-p8046871.html

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  38. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Subscribe to FatWallet and Slickdeals RSS :)