dirt roads north of ATL

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by TOI, Mar 9, 2010.

1. TOI

TOI Member

as the title says, im looking for some dirt roads up north of ATL, local-ish to the Johns creek/Duluth area. now i understand that i probably wont find any long dirt roads like back in Texas, or like i would out in the country. but i might as well ask some locals that know the area better then i do.

much thanks,
    -Ian

2. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

I know where some are.

3. TOI

TOI Member

do tell :D

4. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

They are up by me. Just be prepared to spend money fixing your car.

5. TOI

TOI Member

oh your talking about forest roads aren't you? i've been up on around there a few times in my old 4runner. i dont think there were many roads that weren't washed out trails though.

6. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

No these are gravel roads out in canton. They are fun but yea, if you blast down them at 80mph expect to fix some stuff on your car unless you are set up for offroading

7. tolnep

tolnep Member

you want long dirt roads?

i gots em..

google 'camp merrill' or 'camp merrill dahlonega'. its an army ranger camp up around dahlonega.. and on a dirt road.. and connects to proabably hundreds of miles of dirt roads that wind they way all through that area.. its pretty amazing really. get a good gps and spend a day (or a week) discovering backwoods north ga.. there's a gazillion hunting, camping and fishing places on there too..

prolly where i'll go when the balloon goes up...

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  8. The dirt/gravel roads oneiguy and sparta are talking about are fun. Here is a video I made of us awhile back going down there. It is alot of fun for sure. There is miles of roads back there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T-PGhgVeoc

9. TOI

TOI Member

true those do look rough, and i sure dont want the one wheel well liner to fall off my car. i want to get out there, but i think i need to get a GPS that doesnt get lost on streets and after i swap in my new struts. BTW who was the guy in the DI hoodie? its always good to meet fellow members.

10. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Your Mom's House)

The DI hoodie guy...that's Breel.

11. b reel

b reel Active Member

That would be me with the DI hoodie, and the little shit didn't get me slinging the car around on video. But I am the wagon pulling away and leading the pack. Not sure if oneiguy was scared while riding shotgun but did hit 80 a few times, Hankook w409's make good gravel tires by the way.

12. b reel

b reel Active Member

hey oneiguy, you weren't scared doing 80 riding shotgun were you? Tempted to bump up the ride height and throw the Hankook w409's and go for a ride again. But have better roads to run down south as they are dirt with a chance of cows

13. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I assume some of those trails are ORV trails?

14. TOI

TOI Member

haha im also a member of DI!

15. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

I am always down.

16. I got up to about 70, it was pretty wild. I am sure I could go faster, but that was the first time I had the car off road.

I broke a little more than just the wheel well liner. I bent 2 shocks, and bent the right rear spindle/knuckle. I have to say though it was alot of fun....