PS3 Final Fantasy 13

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Weapon, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Picked it up yesterday and was able to play for about 2 hours last night. I am pretty impressed so far. The graphics are amazing, especially the cut scenes. There are some points that are hard to tell the difference between the cut scenes and the game play.

The battle system is a little different. Instead of controlling all members in the group you only control the "lead" character at the time. You do control the Offensive/Defensive attack of the group though which you can change on the fly. This will change how your team mates attack in battle like changing them from an attacker to healer/buffer... The enemies start off very easy but they are slowly getting more difficult.

So far the game play seems very linear. There is no "free roam" open areas yet.. I am sure that will change though. Luckily the storyline is pretty good with good acting that will hold your attention. It is supposed to offer 60+ hours of game play.

I would recommend this game to anyone that likes Final Fantasy games or someone looking to pick up a good RPG :pssh:.

2. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

I LOVE this game. I have the 360 version.

My only issue is that its way too linear. You cant deviate from the path they give you.

3. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

4. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I LOVED FF series. I need to get me a PS3.

That girl I see on the previews looks like Yuna from FF X. Is it?

5. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

No, its not Yuna.

6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

K. In the preview you only get a glimpse but what made me think that was the sword looks very much like one of Tidus' swords.

7. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

I dug on FF XII for a while. It had the same kind of battle system, which took a bit of getting used to, but I grew to really like it. If you do it just right you could set your party to just roam around an area unmanned and level up. The only problem came when I was supposed to go to some area, but there was nothing there to trigger the next quest and I was just left floundering. I quit then.

I did pick up FFII for iPhone recently, and was incredibly disappointed that it wasn't the American FFII (SNES). That game rocked my whole face off. I don't like how the system works for FFII J, so I gave up and bought FFI for iPhone, and I'm loving it.

Too bad I don't have ona 'dem fancy next-gen consoles…

8. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

I'm really really far in and it's still quite linear. An interview with one of the designers said it opens up towards the middle. So with 60+ hours it'll be free roam around 30+? lol

9. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

I didn't know that there was a version for 360?

This is the only game I would get for PS3, so I'd rather not have to get another console for just one game.

10. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Yeah, there is a version for the 360.. 55 on amazon.

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

It's the first FF multi-platform release. And a shame at that haha.

I'd be down to play it, but odds are my brother already bought it.

12. Alex

It's the first FF multi-platform release. And a shame at that haha.

I'd be down to play it, but odds are my brother already bought it.

13. calmnothing

It's so addicting...

14. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

really fun, after the "10 hour tutorial section" ends the game opens up into to a large open world with side missions etc. Hardcore ff fans will hate on the game because of it's linearity, but i like not having to heal after battles, only having to worry about 1 character to micromanage and all the little minor improvements.

15. Alex

They need to re-release FF Tactics :)

16. calmnothing

Just got to where the game starts to open up....wow that took forever

17. calmnothing

And I got stomped by an adamantoise

18. Weapon

and FF7

19. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

crysis core for psp?

20. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

THey did for PSP, and added cut scenes based on that 'no nose' character design.

21. Weapon

I mean a complete updated version of FF7 for ps3..that was such a good game..so much to do

22. Megadeth2118

Megadeth2118 Member

Agreed. :banana:

23. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

Get the DS one FF Tactics A2, it's tight. you can play it online through wiiconnect24 as well.