The best double cheeseburger?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by OblivionWRX, Mar 15, 2010.

1. OblivionWRX

OblivionWRX New Member

Who has the best double cheeseburger between McDonalds, Burger King, and Wendys? Also, who has the best double cheeseburger/chicken sandwich hybrid? The hybrid is when you put the chicken sandwich in between the two beef patties.

2. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

are you just trying to get your post count up or something?

3. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

none of the above.

4. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Five Guys make a pretty damn good cheeseburger

5. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

WTF???? :werd:

6. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

to the op... burger king best double cheeseburger... better to leave it to an open restaurant base because those three are not really good anyways...

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Sounds a little gnarly there.

8. integroid

Vortex or Fatburger

9. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

hmmm... vortex! that just made me hungry

10. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

I agree with the Vortex, but the dude asking the question seems to be wanting to choose for a cheaper price. And for that price, personally I'd rather go to Waffle House and order a double burger and there's also Steak n Shake or Hardees...

11. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Vortex FTW.....

12. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

The Vortex is all hype. Yeah, I said it, and I mean it. They got some best burger ever award like a decade ago and they've been surfing on that since then.

EARL > Vortex

13. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

man...I'm STARVING now...

14. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I'll disagree on that. Vortex > Flatiron > The Earl. But the Vortex reworked their menu a few months ago and some of the burgers arent as good as they've been in the past. My favorite burger up there, the Tex Melt, just sucks with onion rings instead of fried jalapenos.

I've heard great things about Holeman and Finch's after hours burgers but cant personally comment on them. I'm sure Nicad and Slowwrx will sing their praises.

As far as cheap burgers go, Burger King is way better than McDonalds. Krystal burgers are better than McDs IMO, but then again I dont eat any of the 3 unless I'm drunk.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  15. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

negative ghost rider. but this all depends on what style of burger you want.

most high end burger places grind their own cuts. this is what largely differentiates the majority of them. go into a place, and ask the waitress/manager what they grind into their burgers. probably a mixture of chuck, hangar steak, flank steak, brisket, short rib, or some sort of mixture

that being said, if you want a classic american burger (that isn't a 2lb ground steak like fuddruckers), then go to holeman finch pub house. if you want a little less expensive, hit up 5 guys and split the fries with someone cajun style.

if you want an interesting burger that isn't necessarily beef, BUT has great flavor combinations, try flip burger. the chorizo burger is pretty goddamn amazing, although it needs a little more kick to it

I take my burgers seriously. and I agree with the derf that vortex is overrated garbage. I haven't tried fatburger yet, but I probably will within the next week

16. Weapon

Tommys Burger in LA makes a badass chili burger

17. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Carl's Jr. Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger...
    I have to have one every time I go to Cali...

18. Weapon

yea Carls Jr makes some messy burgers...good stuff!

19. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

I agree with nicad. Flip burgers are damn good, and worth the drive.

20. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

For the lower end... Not much beats a Double Whopper with cheese...

21. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I prefer McDonald's over B.K.

22. integroid

Oh I love flip and forgot about them. I really dont think of them as a traditional burger joint though. It is damn good!

There is only one burger I like t Vortex. That would be the coronary bypass burger.

Fatburger is ok and would rather go there than 5 guys. i like the fact they will put a fried egg on my burger:)

Have you noticed the egg theme?

23. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Blasphemy!!!! j/k... I only like Mcd's for breakfast.. I think all their burgers are junk. I tried one of their Angus burgers a while back and I couldn't even finish it. The bun was old, burger was overdone.. just nasty, low quality...

24. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I agree with 2pt5rs. When it comes to ultra cheap fast food burgers, I will take McD over BK any day. BK food has a nasty aftertaste and my burps make me sick for the rest of the day.

25. blaster

I had one of those once, and thought it was AWFUL. Grilled cheeses for a bun really bring the promise of greatness, but even with bacon and beef and eggs, that whole thing tasted like I wadded up a handful of Kraft Singles and took a bite. Gag.

I'll take this opportunity to throw in another contender: Steak 'N' Shake. I love the crispy edges on those steakburgers.

26. integroid

You are thinking of the Double Coronary bypass or whatever the big daddy bueger they have that was on the food network. THe one I am talking about is basically cheese, bacon, egg on top of a burger.

I also agree with steak and shake. I love that place as well.

27. Trey

Trey Active Member

I think the best cheap burger is Checkers.

Five Guys tastes like crap, been a few times to give them the benefit of the doubt...not impressed.

The Applebee's Angus burger is awesome IMO.

edit: Oooh! Steak and Shake! Yum!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  28. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Someone already said I would say Holeman and Finch and they were right its without question the best burger in Atlanta. I've become less and less impressed with Flip the last few times. Ormsbys has a really good burger.

29. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

The Baja Burger at Ethyl's in Andretti's is pretty good

30. FACE

FACE Active Member

Teds and fudrukers ftw!

31. Trey

Trey Active Member

Mmm RuddFuckers!

32. blaster

33. OblivionWRX

OblivionWRX New Member

Personally, I prefer B&D Burgers. Has anyone attempted the 3 lb. burger challenge? When it comes to dollar burgers I prefer Wendy's because the meat doesn't look as evil as the meat from McDonald's and Burger King. Waffle House burgers are for people who drink and drive therefore I score them below McDonald's. Sorry

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010