Carbon Z06

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jake, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Jake

Jake Active Member

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

What's the price tag? Upper 120s?

3. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

anything more then 60k for a Chevy and I will have to pass

4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

C'mon man... I think we can all agree there is nothing Chevy left in that car... Same with the Viper and Dodge.... Ford GT and Ford... These cars are all full of win, and it sucks that other forums (not just this one) can't appreciate any American cars...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  5. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

It will be between the ZR1 and base model Corvette. It is basically a NA version of the ZR1. I would own one....especially the ZR1.

6. tolnep

tolnep Member

odd setup if you ask me..

vettes have a 'grand sport' model that is more or less the body style of the z06 (wider). the 7L motor is a bit too stretched for my liking. sure its cool to have a 427 cube motor, but the ls3 is a bit stronger and is the basis for supercharged ZR1 and the cadilac cts-v. supposedly a version of this motor is going into the z28 camaro..

i'd rather have a sc ls3 than a 427 Lsa. if chevy had the sense god gave an animal cracker, they'd offer a flex fuel version with caddy/zr1 SC motor. would be little difficulty tweaking that sucker on e85 to well north of 700hp....

go over to the corvette forum, suggest e85 on the general c6 forum and prepare to have posters make the sign of the cross and call for you being burned at the stake.. suggest making a smaller lighter vette, perhaps with a twin turbo'd 6 and prepare to be taken to the socker field to be beheaded...

i have always wanted to WANT a vette.. but never have been able to get up the gumption to purchase one.. and its a chebby without a doubt. just go google Vette/roof/delamination

7. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

I don't think that's it at all. I think it is more of a brand thing - like why the Phaeton fell on its face. No one wants to pay $80k for a VW. If I was spending over $60k on a car, you would bet your ass it would be coming in from Germany.

I think the Corvette is a great car... it just has a price limit.

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well said.

9. integroid

You do realize that VW is a German car, right?

VW, Audi, Porsche...all one big happy family.

10. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

:fawk:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  11. Jake

Jake Active Member

fixed for you

12. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

add Lamborghini to that mix of companies owned by VW...Technically it's owned by Audi, which is in turn, owned by VW.

And Bugatti, Skoda, Seat....shall I continue? :p

13. Matt

Japans been doing that for years...

look at a 1st gen RX-7 and a Porsche 944...they are nearly identical in terms of looks.

14. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Yeah, but you're talking like 30 years ago and Mazda did rotary. For the new generation Corvette, you figured they would do it their own way, not copy.

15. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

All of the car companies aquire other companies models an use the for development of their own cars.

16. integroid

Yeah Yeah...VW Audi Group...I know all about it. Just wanted to point out the more obvious ones:)

17. Matt

then look at the Prius vs. newest Honda Insight...they are nearly identical

18. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

So are the ad campaigns, and that pisses me off to no end.

19. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

why the hell wouldn't they? Let's see, spend $10 million on formula racing and R&D to devolop a street car they can sell for 240,000....OR, spend 240,000 for a competitor's car and reverse engineer it, then sell it for $100,00 and steal their market?

They're both going to be great products, do you want to pay for the performance or the name? I could give two shits less where the ideas and R&D came from, as long as the end product performs.

20. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Study yes but to say that they copied the F430 is retarded, does the new corvette look like a mid-engine car to you. I'm sure they studied the lines on the Ferrari but thats about it. You can't even copy the suspension its so different between a front engine rear drive car and mid engine car.