Forged Performance - Please Explain

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by 07Ltd#767, Apr 23, 2010.

1. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

There are always two sides to a story, I'd like to hear yours.

http://www.the370z.com/forced-induction/17763-forged-performance-my-story.html

And, btw, if everyone thought we had a few asses on our site, check out some of the douche replies on there...fuck that site

I especially lawl'd at this comment

2. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

WOW...thats an interesting read

3. b reel

b reel Active Member

rather long winded, pulled some quotes and posted on another site. Like how he posted pics with his write up, curious how long this will last though and where the hell is WJM?

4. slowwrx

I know the Juan that they are talking about in that story, hes a great guy and its really sad what happened with his car

5. b reel

b reel Active Member

do a search on that site, very interesting

6. techlord

techlord Active Member

Cliff notes
    Sharif is a douche
    The mechanic is blind

Waiting on that other side...

7. b reel

b reel Active Member

wonder how many cars are going to be at their dyno day today? Damn I got to leave in two hours, glad I'm not driving

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

WOW very interesting indeed.

9. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

10. Raziel1

Raziel1 Member

that dude is a fucking idiot.

11. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

LOL...and everyone wondered how Sharif, aka Dirty Monkey, was able to do all of these track days with his nice, any Dr can be a race car driver, GTR.

Forged FTMFL....They just need to go away like that other shop in Duluth that Doug use to work for awhile ago.

Look what someone sent me.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  12. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Interesting that the other threads on the forums were deleted.... Not quite sure how someone that works for a shop can also be a moderator of a forum.

13. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

you must not get over to nasioc much. re: subigal

14. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

whoa! nice bolt on kit!

:drama:

I am guessing that sheriff won't provide any explanation... as I can't imagine one that would improve the situation.

I do find it funny that they are being called monkeys, vs them calling people monkeys though.

15. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

16. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Here is Juan's build, which was referenced in that thread too. Another innovative installation...
    http://myg37.com/forums/vendor-comm...3-forged-performance-and-my-g37-tt-build.html

Innovation at its best...

17. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

18. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Alright, was just asking questions. I hope they haven't already screwed over people on this board, and we won't hear about it for 9 months...

19. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Get personal and this thread will get closed. Keep this thread on topic, and off personal agendas...

20. 07Ltd#767

HEY GM!!! Please explain

I know you're under lawsuit (good luck, btw, lol), but please, give your side of the story

Look at all the threads posted on other sites, as a local shop, I hope to god you have a legitimate excuse to why this is going on.

PPPPPPS. Don't attack individuals - attack the shop - otherwise it will be deleted

21. 07Ltd#767

lawl

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  22. b reel

b reel Active Member

Haven't found any GTR stories... yet

23. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

This was all before myself and the current technicians worked there. So management and current technicians are 100% different then they were when these customers were there. These stories of other technicians installing kits that don't fit under other management don't even apply to the current situation at Forged.

It is worth noting that both of these stories were about GTM TT kits on G37s and both owners were HEAVILY influenced by the owner of GTM. If you contact any other shops that work on Nissans and Infinitis they will tell you how horribly the GTM kits fit for the first few years of production...

Siegel

24. If a kit fit that bad, as a business owner, I would inform the customer and either refuse the install or send the kit back! I have a hard time seeing the relevance of kit fitment given the customers complaint.

I also wasnt aware that Forged was under new management.

25. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

There was not another option for TT kits for the 370Z. GTM's kit was the only one on the market, and those two customers wanted to be among the first to have them. The GTM kits are always delayed at least double what we're originally told, and then when they come in they are not complete and don't fit without HEAVY "massaging." You can see where the pipes are "clearanced" they needed to be, and where the flanges are ground, they needed to be. By the time all the pieces for the kit finally got to Forged, the customer wanted their cars back.

Anyway, it isn't even relevant now - I'm the GM and we have 3 EXCELLENT technicians.

Siegel

26. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Wirelessly posted

Please do not attack either. You have asked the community sponsor for an explanation and I am sure one will come eventually.

27. b reel

b reel Active Member

If that's the case, what about this quote,

After 3 months had gone by since Sharif was made aware of all of this, I still had not heard back from him. I did receive a Christmas card from Forged! I also received a call from Ryan at Forged a while back saying that they had found my Cruise Sensor. They deducted the cost of it from my bill with the agreement that once the new part came in, I would pay what they had deducted and they would send it to me. Ryan told me that I needed to send them money and they would ship it!!! What nerve!!!

28. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

haha. "massaged"
    you missed your calling in life as a politician my man

29. b reel

b reel Active Member

no happy ending here

30. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well Forged may be under new management but how do you explain the owner of the shop (who is still the owner now) flat out lying about what turbos was put on the car? Not to mention other things?

It's just flat out the poorest customer service you can think of.

I'm not attacking Shariff as an individual but as a business since he is the owner of the business and represents it as a whole.

31. Trey

Trey Active Member

^^^Agreed, telling the customer he had a Stage II turbo upgrade and then finding out he only got a Stage I upgrade after paying for a Stage II is flat out dishonest, not a mistake, plus the customer calling out Shariff to Sam at GTM about the invoice and what kit was ordered/ delivered/ installed, you'd think as a business owner he would be smart enough to make it right before delivering the car to the customer. Sounds all very shady to me.

32. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

why do the right thing when you can litigate

33. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Sounds good then. Glad they fixed that issue. I still would think that the owner would stand up for the work that his shop does, even if he didn't actually do the work, vs. blaming it on people who don't work there anymore.

Thanks for the reply scott,

34. slowwrx

Now I've pretty much stayed out of this because quite frankly I don't car, but what the hell does the management and the technicians have to do with this. You can't possibly expect us to think that Shariff didn't know this stuff fit like this. Honestly I'm almost ok with the way the downpipe was modified if the customer ok'd it but if he didn't know then thats just bad form. I'm totally ok with the wastegate flange being cut because its a huge pain to get on in that engine bay I'm sure. However the lying about the turbos in the kit...well...thats just shitty.

35. b reel

b reel Active Member

I know that some kits may require some modification to work and skill is required to do that, the pics show a lack of skill, lack of care for quality of work, and a lack of integrity towards customer satisfaction. I'm sorry but if I'm paying that much money my shit better be put back together right.

36. tolnep

tolnep Member

would like to hear the other side of this particular story..

suspect that wont be happening because there are legal/monetary issues pending..

shit happens.. and this is the dark side of the aftermarket performance mod scene.. you can get in deep with money and cars and end up with a titanic sized boat anchor..

quite a few well known shops end up with a few stories like this. all it takes is a complicated project, a short-bus technician, a suitcase of money, a pissed off customer and a upset manager/shop owner.....

37. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well you won't hear more. I've even heard that Forged is letting their vendor status on here go null as well.

38. slowwrx

You know what I would do if I wanted to get into the Subaru market, I would take the entire staff of a well known Subaru Shop and get a vendorship on a local Subaru forum and then I would act like a douche and fuck it all up.

39. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

That's news to me.

40. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

It's all hearsay but hey it's what I heard........

41. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

+1 You can pull in all of the solid employees and resources in, but a shop is still as shady as the sheriff that runs the place.

Wonder what the next destination for the Siegel-train (tm) is. Are there any more shops in Atlanta he hasn't worked at yet?

42. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Lethal? Hahahahaha.

43. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Open his own shop?

44. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

This.

Would be awesome.

45. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

This would be very very stupid.

46. Trey

Trey Active Member

Maybe do what Arther at Dynolab did, rent a place with only a dyno. Scott can tune all day long. That's one up from Arther, all he did was let you make pulls.

47. J_P

This OT I guess, but why would it be stupid. SS' reputation does proceed him. When I bought the Sti 4 years ago the previous owner was very specific about going to see SS at SOG. A lot more work, but if done right could be very lucrative.

btw, I'm not saying anything bad about the other shops and tuners we have on here. I have a lot of respect for Doug/TopSpeed, Dan&Ball/BG, and Mr Sargeant. So far, WJM is the only one on here that has done any work on my car.

48. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I LOL'ed for real when I read this.

49. J_P

Glad I can at least provide comic relief. I obviously don't work in the industry that's why I asked the question.

50. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Why?