Apartment next to me on fire!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SonicBoom, Jul 12, 2010.

1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

In case you saw it on the news... 2 buildings in my complex are on fire. Almost out now but... Yeah, its the building across from mine and one over. Not even 100 Yards. Heard trucks, thought they were on Roswell.. Went out my back door and saw fire, way too close..... Not sure if they got everyone out, no one seemed to know. Talked to a chick who lived in one of the buildings, said this was her 2nd fire she's been thru. Whole lot of not good.... PS: This is where SPARTA (Dana) used to live about a year back... Northridge/Roswell area btw...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  2. FACE

FACE Active Member

Man I glad your ok! Hate to hear this for the folks in that building

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Thanks man... yeah, not sure how many indvidual apartments that is.... I'm guessing 30? Bunch of people at the leasing office, not sure if those are the people who lived there or not...

4. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

good example and reason to have renter's insurance

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

her second fire?

I wonder if she's the cause....most people don't go through one, let alone 2...

6. b reel

b reel Active Member

should have taken advantage of those Freddie and Fannie loans to get in a house.

7. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Its required by the complex, so they all have it. Not sure thats making them feel much better at the moment...

8. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Fire started on the other side of the building, she was on the bottom too. I don't think hers actually caught fire, but I'm 100% sure everything is ruined due to water damage...

9. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

10. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

11. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Dang!

Oddly enough the apartment below the one I live in now caught on fire a couple of months ago. It didn't spread but anywhere but that was not a fun experience. And its the second one in my building, too, Matt.

Glad you're okay man!

12. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Thanks man... Got more info... Apparently no people were hurt, but one dog died....

RIP Rex! (or whatever your name is!)