New bike

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bluelinescooby, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Picked this up in Illinois this past weekend:

[​IMG]

2009 Buell 1125CR. I got this one at about 50% off the MSRP, but it's bittersweet since the company had to be shut down in order to get these smoking deals.

Another pic, back at home:

[​IMG]

2. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Wow very nice pick up....

3. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Wow. I'm surprised you could still find one at a dealer. I tried right when the news hit and they seemed to be sold out everyone immediately.

Should be a fun bike!

4. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Buell went out of business?

5. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

been wanting to ride one of these...

6. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

where have you been hiding? lol

7. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

too bad you couldn't handle the power between your legs when i owned mine

8. Yeah, they went quick. I think there were two shops that must've scooped up every available 1125CR at all the other dealerships, because the one I went to had like 390-something Buells in their inventory as of November. Now I think they said they're down to 12.

It's fun so far, but I've yet to push it. Right now I'm trying to figure out why Buell designed this bike to boil its fuel and then leak it onto the ground when it gets hot...

9. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

American Engineering?

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

the xb9r does this too. the wimpy little fan on the rear cylinder does nothing, at least yours is liquid cooled. mine is ONLY air cooled, SUPER hot. i am waiting on a right side air scoop to come off backorder from americansportbike.com to help with that. i also wrapped the headers and that helped with heat on my leg but not so much internal temps.

anyways check out that site. every part you could imagine. have fun with it. other than the being hot part its a great bike

11. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

You should take that whole header assembly off and have it black jet-hot coated. Would really clean up the look of the bike and help with temps on your right leg.
    These guys do good inexpensive work.
    http://www.headercoatings.com/

12. Lol, that fan was really designed to draw funny looks from people while the bike is parked. I still want an air-cooled XB eventually, not sure why...

And I already have a wish list going at ASB... just gotta wait till the wife's not looking... :D

What's funny is they have a fix for it, but they didn't use it on all the bikes. The ones sold in California apparently came with an evap canister that eliminates the problem.

13. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Very nice bike. I actually looked at a few before deciding on the S1000RR. They are EXTREMELY hard to find. But the fact the company folded was the biggest factor in me not getting one.

14. I gotta share this, this cracked me up...

Grandma all saddled up:
    [​IMG]

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

16. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

haha thats awesome