Forged Performance - Cornfed 07 STI, 2.7L Stroker, 618whp @ 32psi

Discussion in 'Forged Performance' started by Decker@Forged, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Decker@Forged

Decker@Forged Member

Forged Performance - Cornfed 07 STI, 2.6L Stroker, 618whp @ 32psi

Forged Performance - Cornfed 07 STI, 2.6L Stroker, 618whp @ 32psi

Dyno: Dyno Dynamics
    Octane: E85

07 STI
    - AEM EMS
    - Forged Performance 2.6L Stroker Block
    * Billet Crank
    * Forged Pistons
    * Forged Rods
    * Race Bearings
    * ARP Hardware
    - Cosworth Cylinder Heads w/ GSC S2 Cams
    - Cosworth Intake Manifold
    - Forged Performance Spec pinned block
    - AMS 850r Turbo
    - Perrin FMIC
    - Forged Performance Custom Fuel System
    - 1150cc Injectors

618whp @ 32psi peak boost (tapering to 28psi) on E85

Tuned by Sharif @ Forged Performance :: 770-792-0202

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Click below for the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfaj-Zn3ROA

Thanks for looking!
    Decker

2. techlord

techlord Active Member

NICE!
    Whose car is this?

3. Decker@Forged

Decker@Forged Member

This is the same car the caused the sh*t storm threads months ago.

4. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Wirelessly posted

Nice job guys!

5. Wow thats impressive.. 698whp on a DynoJet is A LOT of power! I'm sure Steve is very happy.

6. Decker@Forged

Decker@Forged Member

Thanks guys.

Steve is very stoked :)

7. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Nice work guys.

8. tolnep

tolnep Member

impressive. im surprised you could get those injectors to flow that much with e85. what fuel pressure are you running?

would be VERY interesting to see what this thing would do in the 1/4. any chance of taking to a strip?

9. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

this.

10. Figment

Figment Member

:eek3: Insane!

11. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Big congrats to Steve and Forged for finally getting this done. I would love to see what this makes on my dyno... any time you want to swing by Steve I will strap it on my dyno to see what it makes, free of charge.

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Very nice and finally making some power. Different tuner this time round too.

Now get it on Doug's dyno ASAP and then to the track!

13. nygiant

nygiant Member

[​IMG]

^^^is this the flux capacitor?

14. nygiant

nygiant Member

is this sti daily drivable btw?

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

That's the Forged custom fuel pump. And yes it is daily driveable.

16. Decker@Forged

Decker@Forged Member

Haha. Great Scott!

It's a surge tank + twin fuel pumps. It's an older pic. We recently added a bulkhead partition to separate the tank from the cabin for safety purposes.

17. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Pics of the bulkhead partition?

18. Decker@Forged

Decker@Forged Member

Sorry about the glare ...

[​IMG]

19. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

100% yes. It also makes 500whp Dyno Dyanmics exactly at 24psi. Makes for a nice daily usable power level. :)

20. integroid

Are you saying it makes 500whp on pump gas?

21. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yeah pump E85. Technically it is pump gas....came out a gas station pump that anyone has access to! :keke:

Off topic but what's the E85 prices in Ga? Here it's only $.05 cheaper than 87 octane....thought it was like half the price.

22. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

During the break-in process, I also made a 93 octane pump gas calibration at 21psi that made 450whp. But the customer intends to run E85 all the time, unless he is unable to locate E85 on a road trip or something.

E85 here is 2.20 to 2.40 a gallon. It's cheap cheap.

23. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

How much 'padding' do you put in the tune for e85?

Buddy here has a Z06 that is corn fed. He has a external sensor that monitors the e85 and from fillup to fillup he says it'll quite often swing up and down. Says he had to get them to put a hefty padding in it and really can't push the tune consistantly as hard as he would like due to instability of fuel octane.

24. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Great point. I've seen as low as 70% ethanol in e85. Too bad there is no enforceable federal standard for E85 ethanol content, nor is their a published and certified octane level on the pumps.

Most tuners build a margin for safety into their tunes, when used on the street with fuel that comes out of a retail pump. Even 93 octane may not be 93 octane. This car will mostly be driven on lower boost levels on the street. Knock voltage on all of these runs was less than 1.0V, and AF was right at .75 to .78 lambda....very safe.

25. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Just saw the bulkhead Decker. Looks great. What was it made from? Was it something that was preformed that was welded in?

26. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

I saw some pretty big swings on E85. I actually had to have 2 E85 tunes. One for winter gas (if they ever got winter gas) and one for summer gas.

27. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

I've been thinking of installing a flex fuel sensor after all this discussion. :)

28. tolnep

tolnep Member

the zetronix units are cool looking. there are arguments about how accurate they are though.

you can do the water/alcohol test (i do this i have the gear) google it.

you can buy a kent moore fuel analyzer on ebay for around 300 bucks. this seems to be the best solution.. according to folks who have tried all the various solutions.

not sure what the use of a flex fuel sensor would be in the car. its cool, but in the end AFR that matters and a wideband will give you that.

i use a wideband connected to a laptop and tweek my injector scaling using the wideband but also looking at my short and long fuel trims if i happen to change from e85 to 93 or some mixture.

also the gm flex fuel sensor has a flow limitation. not sure what it is. some of the e85 V8 guys claim it restricts fuel flow for those applications.

29. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Try a polarizing filter :)

30. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Doesn't this car run in an AEM? If so doesn't the AEM have the ability to ramp up what's needed to meet an expected lambda since most run off it's own WBo2?

31. Matt@Topspeed

Matt@Topspeed Member

Theres actually a couple of ways to accomplish that very thing in the AEM. I don't want to step on anyones toes though. I'm sure one of the salesmen at Forged can tell you exactly what the ways are to do it with an AEM.

Matt

32. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Did this car ever get run anywhere else?

33. lobelsteve

lobelsteve Member

When it is run, it will be posted.
    Some more mods are being done including a fender roll for some 18x9's, some grill trim stuff, and some little stuff for the street.

34. lobelsteve

lobelsteve Member

Car is 99%.
    Awaiting tires.
    Needs a little fuel trim on the idle, but it is way faster than I remember.
    RCE T2's ride is stiffer, bumpier, but not as harsh as stock. Weird.
    But now I can go 30 around street corners without thinking about it. Rock solid.
    The new heads are great. I like the idea of "Cosworth" over "some dude in Alpharetta".

I'll head to RA tomorrow, but just to watch.
    Commerce in September. I promise.

35. b reel

b reel Active Member

So has this elusive beast ever run on the street or strip yet?

36. lobelsteve

lobelsteve Member

Mountain run yesterday. Took off from Sharif in his Z like a shot. We have some final upgrades to do before hitting the strip. Tires on way from Pirelli. Test pilot for their new Trofeo's.

37. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

saw some people up on 129, all stopped at the general store on the corner of 19/129. but i saw (was it this subaru?) sitting there alone about an hour later, was everything ok?

38. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

It is September! :)

Also, the OEM shocks are not very forgiving nor comfortable. The dampening is almost like a half click too much for the OEM spring rate. That's how your coil overs may provide a more tactile feeling of the road while remaining more comfortable.

39. lobelsteve

lobelsteve Member

Saw you driving around, car full-up with folks in front and back?

The STI was parked for safety (smelled funny and Sharif wanted to be safe rather than sorry). Awaiting logs. It was running super fast on way up to the hills, but a little white smoke would shoot out the exhaust on throttle-lift.
    I'll post more when they hook up the AEM.

Steve

40. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

dark grey metallic 09 sti, was solo inside my car if that's what you meant. was up there with some other people though. we had just happened to pull over right near that shop for about a minute. good to hear nothing major with your car

41. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Hope everything turns out alright:coolugh:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  42. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

off topic but decker i seen the vid of the LFA on youtube..thats awesome.. the tech from forged(dont really remember his name) that sat with me at the efi 101 class told me it was coming by :)

43. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Your Mom's House: Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) T-Mobile_Rhodium)

um...there is already a thread for this. ;)

44. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

oops guess i'm late lol

45. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

wow sick!

46. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

So did yall figure out what happened on the mountain run. I heard it wasn't good.

47. integroid

Just curious, is this a stock sleeved pinned block with 100MM pistons?

48. b reel

b reel Active Member

where is this car? stolen? parted out? sold? gave up? out of money? litigation?

49. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I wonder too

50. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Some more changes and improvements in the works...none of the above. :) In due time...should be wrapped up in about 30-60 days.