Coolrex's new ride - 2002 BMW E46 M3

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Cool_____, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Just do us a favor and don't purchase crap tires :) The last thing you want to see is a clean set of CSL 19" rolling on Generals.

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yeah without spacers I can run stock camber.

3. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Wanna cough up the $300 per tire for me? LOL

I'm probably gonna put on some Continental Contisport DWS All-Seasons. They get EXCELLENT reviews and last a good 50K miles or more.

My stock wheels are gonna turn into track wheels :wiggle:

4. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

New addition to the family to curb me away from modding the car ;)
    Thinking of ordering a new set of fairings and custom painting them to match the car.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  5. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

dibs on the car when it happens...

6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

LOL I've been riding bikes longer than I've been driving cars. It's about time....I miss my old CBR 600 and the Harley's just suck.

7. 07Ltd#767

i know...just thinking about what happened when you had four wheels, it only took a couple days. With two wheels...let's just say i like my odds :D

Repeat dibs, lol

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

LOL dibs only work for people I like.

9. 07Ltd#767

well there goes this forum

10. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

11. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

That is one badass bike.

12. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Does the lightning follow it around everywhere?

13. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I loved the Acid Green when I picked it up but quickly got sick of it. Thinking about getting new fairings and custom painting to match my car as I will get a custom hitch on the M3 to haul both car and bike to mountains when we go.

14. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

That's a nice bike.

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

All I want to do is delete the mirrors and license plate surround (fender tuck the plate). May lower the rear just a tad.

16. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Does anyone here know anything about the armor mesh jackets? I want to know where I can get a good one for a good price. Must look classy and breathe well so I don't heat to death in the summer.

17. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Got a baseline oil analysis of Castrol TWS straight out the bottle. I'm a little over 5000 miles on this oil now so as soon as my new sample container comes in I'll have some readings. Thoroughly testing BMW's recommended 15,000 mile oil change interval.

Doing tests at 5500, 7500, 10,000, 12,500, and 15000. If at any point the oil looks badly degrading I'm stopping and using the previous point to change the oil.

Here's the base line since Alex was interested in it.
    [​IMG]

18. integroid

So wait a minute...you actually purchased the bike already?

19. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yes

20. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Let the S1000RR go. Freeing up some money so I'm looking at cheaper bikes. Thinking hard on a 2006 Honda Rc51 which is $9000 cheaper.

21. integroid

RC51 is a damn nice bike

22. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yeah I have a buddy with one. Sounds so good and he says it's very torquey due to the VTwin.

Found one for $6500 with only 3300 miles on it.

23. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

2003 CBR600RR???!?!?!?! My friend owns one. It's beautiful.

24. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

No too small. 2006 Honda RC51. Has a V Twin engine in it. Look up youtube vid of it....sounds beautiful.

25. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Can i has?

26. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Buy your own. Clearly you can afford it Mr. E90 M3 guy.

27. do you still love your m3? my E46 has been dead for a 2 years lol--- too expensive to fix smg

[​IMG]

28. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yes I love it. I hope my SMG lasts. What happened to yours? Pump?

29. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

I WOULD buy a bike-- but id prob kill my self really fast.

30. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yeah the potential is there if you don't respect it and more importantly watch others.

31. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Here's the replacement toy. MUCH cheaper, MUCH more reliable, and MUCH more tq. Don't need all that topend.....this has PLENTY and the driveability of this is much better. I love it.

[​IMG]

Mods will be to shave the turn signals, tuck the tail plate under the fender, delete baffles and superbike handle bars. That's it.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  32. Jake

Jake Active Member

love the RC51. pretty rare bike too. is '06 the last year they made them?

torque is definitely what makes daily driving (or riding in your case, and mine) fun.

love my buell for scooting around town

33. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yes the 2006 was the last year. Mine is a 2006 and it had only 3,521 miles on it! The S1000RR was a top end rocket but this RC51 feels much beefier. I took off on it the first time like I was on the S1000RR and the front end came up on me.....that surprised me and I'm relearning this bike. Torque delivery is instantaneous yet so smooth and linear.

34. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Lulz scary. Don't do anything CRAZY now. Don't want you to get hurt on the bikeeee.

35. Alex

Going to keep it black? :)

36. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yes. It's actually black and a beautiful metallic gray. You can see a little of the gray that is actually making the wings of the Honda emblem itself going from the front to the tank.

37. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

LOL. I've toyed with trading the M3 in.

38. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

LOL. Been finding myself looking at 335i :wiggle:

39. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Missing the boost?

40. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Not really. Just with baby on the way 4 doors would make things easier. But meh kiddies are made to crawl....:rofl:

I think I'll stick with the M until it starts breaking the bank.

41. Alex

Why not 135i?

42. slade1274

slade1274 Member

Me smells anticipation of SMG going out. I know next to nothing about them, but my friend with an M3 indicated that SMG failure was approaching 100% :eek3:

43. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

You are right. I think that was over 6-8 years -- the failure rate is near 100%

44. Matt@Topspeed

Matt@Topspeed Member

We have a source for SMG tranny parts. We can have them rebuilt to withstand a lot of power.

45. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Tiny, no more of a back seat (my M3 is probably bigger), and I just can't get over the shape of the middle. That curvy swoop kills the entire car for me.

46. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I hope not.....mine is still running just fine so far. Also failure rate 100%? Comeon.....the ratio to failures vs the number out there running with zero issues ever is less than 1%.

47. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Coolrex - I agree... the 135 is ugly as sin. Not to mention the cost and weight savings compared to a 335i are minimal at best. Have you thought about at 335d? I have been drooling at those since they came out. 4 doors, 36 MPG and 425 lb-ft of torque? Yes please. Too bad they are only available in an auto...

48. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Would love one but the markup on them are insane.

49. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Who wants a E46 M3? Mine may be going on the market very soon.

50. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

so soon? why?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.