Need shop recommendation

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mad Mallard, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

Non-subaru help.

I now have a e250 to deal with.

I need to know whats the best place to get alignments done for it. Cost comes 2nd, i want the best, place that knows trucks & vans.

suggestions?

2. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

g&s auto and muffler... the one on canton highway is hella busy but there is one in canton that you should be able to get into quick... the owner is don of the canton store and he has been around a long time and is a great guy... mention my name zach geist and you will be taken care of

3. Mad Mallard

you mean down by me on 92? they're the ones that replaced my lug post when it was snapped.

4. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

yes there is a g&s right off 92 on canton hwy... terry is the owner but that store is normally very busy, they do good work too... i worked at the g&s that is in canton on hwy 20 and that is who i would recomend, don did alot of terry's alignment work and he decided to open his own shop, he is more flexible and can get your car done quick and for a good price and it WILL BE DONE RIGHT!

5. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Gran Turisom East. Best alignments in Georgia. Ask for Kieran.

6. jesus888

jesus888 Member

Bring an Econoline van to Gran Turismo East to get a performance alignment, and I'll chip in $5 if you take a picture... of them "dialing in the camber"...

7. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

I see fleet vehicles in there all the time. Seeing a work van in their bay isn't as rare as you might think.

8. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

gte ftw

9. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

We always think of GTE as a performance alignment shop, but every time I am there I see mostly daily drivers and work vehicles. The point being, they can probably align anything that will fit in their garage.

10. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Not sure it is worth the extra money that GTE charges for a "standard" alignment.

11. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

He stated cost comes 2nd and wanted to know the best place for alignments. GTE is the best place in Atlanta for alignments.

12. John

John Active Member

If you want to drive down to Douglasville, I can get you taken care of

13. Mad Mallard

this is an issue, its an extended roof by almost 2'.

14. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

I don't have any clue what the actual clearance of the bay doors are at GTE. Last time I was there they had an Econoline van in there and there was an easy 4-5ft. of extra clearance I think. Might just be best to call to make sure.