Step 2: Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by yerrow, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Brock Samson

Brock Samson Member

Yeah I noticed that. I'm definitely gonna make it into Atlanta while I'm here. I'm trying to look for big meets and I'll definitely come into town for those.

I hear good things about the performance shops in this area. I'm coming from Andrewtech & TurboXS (both Gaithersburg, MD) so I like to think I'm spoiled in the area of service and quality.

Edit:

Guess I'll throw this in there too! ;P

Where do you live? Evans, GA (for now)
    What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Brock is fine, not my real name but if you meet me I'll tell you.
    What do you drive? 07 obp STi
    How modded is your ride? Stage 2 via TurboXS UTEC, other various goodies.
    Where do you usually by parts? All over - used, online, shops, freebies... ;)
    Do you visit any other local boards? Absolutely. Unfortunately. lol
    Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Little bit of go, not much sho, more practicality than anything else (hence my full Thule roof rack for my mountain bike) and the fact that there's always dirt on my car!
    Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Always. Although usually I don't get anything back. I make it a point to throw my arm out the window even to regular Subaru drivers!
    Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Referred by someone on the NASIOC boards, I think...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  2. Figment

Figment Member

welcome! You're the 4th sti in the AUG congrats! watch out for evo's they are everywhere.

3. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Don't you worry about those evos :)

4. b reel

b reel Active Member

sounds like an 02 wagon I'm all to familiar with

5. Brock Samson

Brock Samson Member

Yeah I visited an apartment complex yesterday and one of the facilities guys told me that there were 2 in that neighborhood already and that I'd be the 3rd. I'm not terribly confident that he knows the difference though as I am currently staying just up the road and haven't seen 1 STi since I've been down here. lol

Evos? Forget about 'em. :pssh:

6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Welcome Brock. My buddy Bryce said he met ya. Good guy there!

7. DI2009

DI2009 New Member

Howdy! Just picked up my first new WRX (2010) a few months ago. Just saying hi and trying to decide what to do first. I've had a few problems already with my WRX, although minor, very annoying. I've been into service 4 times and I only have 4,000 miles on the clock. SoK has been great the whole time, sad to see King left as that was one of the reasons I chose that locale.

1. Where do you live? Dallas but spend all day in Alpharetta
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? The One
    3. What do you drive? 2010 WRX and a beat up Tacoma
    4. How modded is your ride? bone stock
    5. Where do you usually by parts? No specific place as of right now
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? not car related
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? daily driver, maybe some AutoX events in the future or track day somewhere
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? I have a few times, I have dark tints and I don't think they see me waving back sometimes lol
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? My buddy AutoXSTI told me about it

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  8. C_wagginz

C_wagginz Member

9. Dheim96

Dheim96 Member

Hello Everyone,

I'm Dereck and a new WRX owner. So Hi.

1. Where do you live? -Gainesville
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? - Dereck
    3. What do you drive? -06 WRX
    4. How modded is your ride? - A little bit done
    5. Where do you usually by parts? - they were already on the car. So looking for a shop.
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? -evolutionm.net
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? -I want the go
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? -have not seen one since I got my car.
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? google.

10. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

1. Where do you live?
    Knoxville, TN

2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)?
    Marcus

3. What do you drive?
    07 STI Limited #576

4. How modded is your ride?
    Fairly. Link to my IWSTI journal.

5. Where do you usually by parts?
    NASIOC/IWSTI, stuff used, typically.

6. Do you visit any other local boards? There's a Knoxville area group of guys I hang out with, www.sportscarfrenzy.com. And, of course, NASIOC and IWSTI.

7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way?
    Go... I'm an avid autocrosser. Only show mod is tinted windows. :cool:

8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you?
    Definitely.

9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta?
    Sometime during the first quarter of 04 someone linked me to a 04 STI one of the ATL area shops had for sale.

11. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome! I recall your journal on IWSTI, sweet car.

12. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Welcome, Marcus and Dereck!

13. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

welcome to the boards yall

14. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Thanks for the welcome, guys! :wavey:

Thanks! I try to take care of it. Probably going to change the pads/rotors tomorrow (got some free Yellowstuff).

15. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Welcome!

16. Presario101

Presario101 New Member

Hello Everyone,

I'm Adam and a new wrx owner

1. Where do you live? -macon
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? - adam
    3. What do you drive? -03 WRX
    4. How modded is your ride? - stock
    5. Where do you usually by parts? -still looking
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? -none
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? -soon to be modded
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? -sure
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? yahoo

17. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

welcome to the community, Adam!

18. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

19. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Welcome Adam! Another bugeye! One of my favorite body styles.

20. I've always been on here but never filled one of these out. Anyways here it is.

I'm Kai :)

1. Where do you live? - Atlanta
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? - Kai
    3. What do you drive? - 2004 STI
    4. How modded is your ride? - has a few decent mods, but still got a ways to go.
    5. Where do you usually by parts? - Online
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? - Yea, IA
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? - A little of both.
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? - All the time.
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Import Atlanta

21. Viperbite

Viperbite New Member

1. Where do you live? - Woodstock
    2. What do you preferred to be called? - casey... viperbite... hey you...
    3. What do you drive? - 01 bmw 325ci
    4. How modded is your ride? - 5 series wheels, stock otherwise
    5. Where do you usually by parts? - forums/ebay/parts store
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? - 240atlanta.com, Mx5atlanta.com, Bimmerforums atl section.
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? - modest upgrades...
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? - hehe nope
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? - Eh, heard about it from several friends. looking for some parts here and there and its always nice to meet new people

22. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Welcome!

23. superdoughboy4

Awesome! Welcome, Casey.

24. WRXmom

WRXmom New Member

1. Where do you live? Lawrenceville, GA
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Lorrie
    3. What do you drive? 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX wagon
    4. How modded is your ride? TBD
    5. Where do you usually by parts? I have no idea yet lol
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? Not yet.. should I?
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Stock for now
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Of course!
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Search Engine

Hi Everyone,
    Well we did it.. we finally bought the WRX wagon and its awesome. Where does everyone go for parts and to get them worked on? I am new to the area and the forum so sorry if I am posting in the wrong place.

25. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

welcome to the boards. there are several awesome subaru shops that sponsor the site and can take care of any parts or work you need

26. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Welcome, Lorrie!
    Like wrxin8or said, there are a bunch of sponsoring shops, and it's always a good idea to do a search here to see about experience others on the site have had. We're all very honest, sometimes brutally so.

27. Welcome!! :wavey:

28. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome!

29. C_wagginz

C_wagginz Member

Welcomes

30. dead2002wrx

dead2002wrx New Member

hello

I'm kind of new at this

Where do you live? Snellville
    What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Travis
    What do you drive? A dead 2002 Wrx with 165000 miles
    How modded is your ride? Down pipe with devorced waste gate and Cat delete
    Where do you usually by parts? SOG , avanced auto ,,,etc.
    Do you visit any other local boards? not realy
    Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? stay that way (( KIDS and wife)))
    Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Yea
    Where did you find out about WRXatlanta ? Neal at SOG

31. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

welcome dude..gl with the car!

32. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Welcome!

33. mayoke

mayoke Member

Yaaay my account got activated! (Thanks Alex!)
    *waves hello*
    Here we go.

1. Where do you live? - I live in Norcross.

2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? - My friends call me "Beta." (long story)

3. What do you drive? - 2004 Silver WRX Wagon / 1987 Kawasaki ZL1000

4. How modded is your ride? - Both are bone stock!

5. Where do you usually by parts? - Where the sale is?

6. Do you visit any other local boards? - Local boards? I sort of lurk on Import Atlanta every now and then. Mostly just reading. I was a member on the Miata forums. (When I had my Miata.)

7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? - Mostly undecided. I really enjoy the balance of the car power wise. I wouldn't mind some light suspension mods. Maybe coilovers. I'm sort of a cornering junkie.

8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? - Every time I see them! :wavey:

9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? - I had heard about it before and wanted to join up. I see a WRB Coupe around me occasionally and he always waves.

Hi everyone! My name is Mike, my friends cal me Beta. I started in Subarus with a 1996 Imprezza L that had 183,000 on it. I drove it to 189,000 miles and decided that any car that ran THAT good THAT long was the car for me. I had a Mazda 3 hatch a long time back and I missed it so I started looking for a WRX Hatch thinking it would be the best of ALL worlds.

I found a 2004 with 88,000 and ALL service records. Had almost new tires and was clean. Just a little light collision damage on the drivers side. Got it for 8K and was pretty happy. That was about a month ago.

Had my car up at the Subaru of Gwinnett today for an oil change and overall checkup. Seems I have a "weeping" radiator :eek:hnoes: so I'm currently researching how hard it is to change one out. (I'm not the most mechanically inclined person AND I'm not supposed to work on my car in the parking lot of my condo. *sigh*) Other than that and my suddenly non-functioning tag lights, the car checked out perfectly. I'm hoping to get another 100k or so out of her.

I don't drive "hard" but I do boost around a little. It's hard NOT to have fun in this car. Anyway, I'm happy to be here and look forward to learning as much as I can. I'm a R&D Technician by trade and have been for 20+ years so if I can be of help, I will.

That's about it! If anyone knows how to swap a radiator out or a good brand to replace the stock with, I'm all ears! :bowdown: I'll add pics later if anyone wants to see a painfully stock silver WRX wagon. I just dropped my Fotki and picked up photobucket so I'm moving files. YAAAAAY!(not)

34. b reel

b reel Active Member

Mishimoto and beer bribes will get you far around here

35. techlord

techlord Active Member

^^I agree with Brian although you can swap it in less time than you can drink 3 beers.
    If you want another 100K definitely get the aluminum...mishimoto, gms, koyo, they are all comparable. The radiators are going to go about every 80-100K. The rest of her will go much much longer even with mods as long as you maintain her well.
    oh and welcome!

36. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Welcome aboard

37. superdoughboy4

Welcome, Beta. And you said cornering junkie?!?!?!?!? You'll fit right in. Lol.
    Especially considering your ride... Unlike mine. BUT it's awesome in the turns.

Wow. Can't work on your car in the parking lot? That really sucks. I live in Norcross too, right off of the Racetrac on Peachtree Ind. and Medlock Bridge.
    You're more than welcome to come by. Lol.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  38. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Welcome to the forums. The radiator is not really that hard to change. Just make sure you get all the correct parts when you do it.

39. mayoke

mayoke Member

Thanks everyone for the "welcomes" so far. I'm trying to learn the navigation around the forums. I'm used to a lot more topics/areas so if I put something in the wrong spot, I apologize in advance. Just got done fixing the tag lights. Took me about 45 minutes to realize that the plug goes INTO the trunk. (I was staring at the plug in there going, "I wonder what that plugs into?" Talk about a HUGE "HERPA DERP DERP" moment. :rofl:)

I HIGHLY recommend anyone with that year range Subie to put a zip tie through both connectors to keep that from ever happening again. SHEESH! :eek:hnoes:

40. GlockdWRX

GlockdWRX New Member

Hey everyone, just a little introduction. I was t-boned at an intersection on this past New Years Day in my '00 Mustang, completely decimated, so I obviously needed a new ride. I've always liked WRX's, so I began looking and found my '02 WRX w/ 54k miles :sold:, and I've been in love since (bought it in May). So, as for the questions:

Where do you live? Buford/Sugar Hill

What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? James

What do you drive? 2002 Silver WRX

How modded is your ride? VF22, AEM short-ram, 750cc injectors, invidia DP,
    HKS Hi-Power CB, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, open-sourced tuned by TopSpeed

Where do you usually by parts? Online or through the shop.

Do you visit any other local boards? NAISOC, ClubWRX

Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Go

Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? I definitely try to

Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Just looking around

41. Chad

Chad New Member

New Intro - Chad

I'm Chad in Kennesaw with an '02 with Cobb Intake, Bigger TMIC, Up and Down Pipe, Lightweight Flywheel, and a Sargent Tune. I've recently stated to notice other wrx's waving at me, so I started waving back.

42. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

welcome to the community everyone!

43. b reel

b reel Active Member

Good idea to replace both hoses and maybe the caps too.

44. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Welcome Chad and Glockd!

45. Andy_013

Andy_013 Member

Hey everyone,

1. Where do you live? Loganville and Kennesaw
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)?Andy
    3. What do you drive? 2004 WRX
    4. How modded is your ride? stock for now, on tein springs and 5zigen fn01rc wheels
    5. Where do you usually by parts? Ebay
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? Importzine (my lotus is rotm for oct. 2010)
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Go
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? yep, all the time
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? nasioc and google when i had my first wrx and needed an engine for it.

46. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Welcome Andy. You are probable pretty close to my partner Andy. He also lives in Kennesaw up off of Wade Green.

47. Brock Samson

Brock Samson Member

He's a cool dude. I'm pretty sure he talks to you a lot. lol

I figured I'd respond since I haven't been on here and posted since around this post! And I never did one of these:

1. Where do you live? Aiken, SC
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? People randomly call me Brock and since I don't usually remember anyone's name but rather their board name, call me whatev.
    3. What do you drive? 2007 WRX STi
    4. How modded is your ride? meh.
    5. Where do you usually buy parts? Mostly on the NASIOC boards or part sites. I had a bad experience with Gimmick's site though. I was not impressed.
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? A few local threads in NASIOC, IWSTI, and here. I do a lot of trolling - I hardly ever post. I'm trying to learn as much as possible.
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? This is my dd, but I'm attempting to have function > form, what with my roofrack and wanting to get a light bar and rally mudflaps...
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? I wave to nearly every Scooby. lol
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Actually not sure. It's possible it was my current roommate but who knows.

Anyways, hope to meet more of you guys. I've already had the oppourtunity to meet quite a few people in Atlanta. Probably going to have a caravan from my area to the Dec Caffeine & Octane meet in Marietta.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  48. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Welcome :wavey:

49. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Wow, that's a lot of new people within a short time. Welcome to the boards.

50. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Wow, did not think I would see anyone from Aiken on here. Welcome Brock. My mother-in-law lives out near there. We go out and visit every now and again.