Feeler: anyone got a chainsaw?

Discussion in 'General Community' started by bixs, Sep 28, 2010.

1. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

Just wondering if anyone owns a small/medium sized chainsaw that I might be able to rent this weekend. Can pay in beer or cash!

It didn't even really storm too bad in dallas. This morning though, my alarm goes off at 5:25 and I'm just laying half asleep in bed. My house is along some woods and my room on the back portion of the house. So I'm laying there about 5:30 and immediately recognize the sound of impending destruction. lol I often thought about during storms the best way to dive off my bed into the hallway, but this didn't sound threatening enough and I just froze. Uneventful sorta, just a tree that's been dead for like 4+ years. I might even be able to break it apart with a sledge hammer or large wood splitter. It was too dark and too soaking wet to judge this morning before work.

2. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I have one but you are so far away that it wouldnt worth you coming to get it. You can buy a small/medium chainsaw for around $100 these days.

3. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Same for me. I've got one, but I'm so far away it wouldn't be worth it for you.

Besides that, everyone should have a chainsaw. If for nothing other than to be prepared for when zombies attack. :)

4. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

I don't know about you, but I'm not planning on letting the zombies get close enough that a chainsaw would be necessary...

5. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

You don't have to reload a blade, Brett.

I know we're talking about chainsaws here, but you should be prepared for that kind of proximity to the undead.

6. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

you make a really valid point, currently my weapon of choice is the oversized mag-lite. decent for close combat, but i think i'd rather have the zombie just be done with in one swipe.

7. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

I actually do need to upgrade my close range zombie defense weapons...

8. b reel

b reel Active Member

I prefer this, http://www.slipperybrick.com/tag/weapon/page/2/ or a tanto tipped machete.

If you decide to get a chainsaw do me a favor, spend the extra 100 or so for a pair of chaps or pants. Loading your dad up and hauling ass to the hospital to get stitches and staples isn't the bad part, walking back out to the parking lot to get your phone and seeing the blood all over the car kind of hits you hard.

9. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Wow, sorry for the killer threadjack.

10. b reel

b reel Active Member

What? I thought the axe was appropriate for both tree and zombie removal

11. Jake

Jake Active Member

agreed, even if you have no trees. there always seems to be some situation that arises where you're like 'damn, a chainsaw would have made this a LOT easier'

its definitely one of those things, as a homeowner, everyone should own.

12. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

It's good to have one even if you rent, it's quite handy to have around. They can suck some gas down though, so in a way you do have to reload...

13. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

Got an electric one for $35. seeing as how you can rent a gas one for $50, I think it just paid for itself. The cost of extension cords/wood to fix the fence/etc came to a grand total of under $100.

Home owner's association still hasn't gotten back to me...

14. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

What is the HOA supposed to do? Help you? :rofl: