Forged Performance: 370Z Greddy TT Complete Package Results

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Tray@Forged, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Tray@Forged

Tray@Forged Member

We recently completed one of our local customer's beautiful Nismo 370Z. It came to use bone stock, and left with a very clean and powerful TT package. These are the basic, yet safe elements of a good TT setup. For the time-being, we are running just wastegate pressure of 5psi but down the road I'm sure he'll be installing a boost controller, clutch/flywheel and shooting for more power. The car starts, idles, and runs just like OEM, but with the addition of 150whp at just 5psi boost pressure. We've made well over 500whp with this kit on the stock block on our low reading Dyno Dynamics dyno. In and out in 7 days start to finish.

The acceleration and spool up is fast and seamless....so much in fact that I got a ticket doing some road testing with it...ops. :)

Package Details:

Greddy 370Z TT Kit Twin 20G turbos/Tial 38mm WG's/External Dumps.
    Greddy Turbo TiC Exhaust
    Deatschwerks 600cc Injectors
    Walbro 255 Fuel Pump and CJM Install Kit
    Greddy Type RZ Blow Off Valve
    Stillen Oil Cooler Kit
    In House Custom ECU tuning by Sharif@Forged
    Dyno Dynamics Load Based Dyno

Here are some pics of the car, and dyno charts and video. Enjoy!

Bone Stock:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Completed Project:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just 5psi Wastage Pressure for now.
    [​IMG]

Video of Dyno Tuning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Qd6S-6_K0&feature=player_embedded

2. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Pretty cool, suprised its not more laggy. What hotsides do they use?

If your cross shopping though, z51 vette or new corba/boss. With prob some cash to spare to.

Just saying of course :) What does this kit with tuning run?

3. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Looks good. Would look even better with all the piping done in black instead of polished..

4. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

So if it made 414whp on your low reading dyno dynamics, why did it make 394whp on Z1's Dynojet?

5. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

6. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

:|

:slap:

7. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

I really don't care if you guys don't like my question... but I would like an answer.

8. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Does it really matter if the Forged dyno is inconsistent in the readings? Why can't we all just get along?

9. trouble06

trouble06 Member

Who said a dyno was just a tool? :|

10. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

You start just as much crap as anyone else fyi.

Forged is that a blow thru MAF setup on that car? Looks like I see MAF's on both of the cold side pipes.

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I'd rather not watch this thread bottom out. Why cant you all just use the telephone? :)

13. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

I will post the reply I posted on the other forum where someone asked a similar question. 3 out of the 4 Forged cars read significantly higher on Z1's dynojet even when they used the lower reading SAE correction. Our dyno uses STD correction.

Alex's car was tuned to perfection the night before with race fuel and made sub 600whp on our dyno dynamics. Unfortunately, the spark plugs gave us all they had and misfired during the first dyno pull at Z1. We quickly pulled the plugs and they were worn out. Fresh set of plugs, and back and business. I made no changes to his tune from the night before and Alex did 600whp+

The second 600whp+ we had was running e85 and I tuned it 3 weeks prior. I was actually a little more concerned about that car, as the customer had driven in from Missiouri to pick up his car. Little did I know he'd end up winning the dyno contest. The third car I spoke of was a stock block HR with GTM TT kit. It made 430whp (might be off by a few horses as I cant recall the exact number...390whp on our Dyno Dynamics about 6 months prior).

Z1 has brought their car to the Forged Dyno Day as well, and won....good friendly competition makes us all better. Good clean fun. We support many of their events such as ZNationals and send 300zx customers their way...so I consider them just as much partners and competitors.

At the end of the day the dyno is a tuning tool, and not a highly repeatable measuring device from session to session. I'll refrain from making anymore comments about our dyno numbers in comparison to other dynos.

14. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I think it's just best to just quit saying "On our low reading dyno..."

Just say "On our dyno...."

15. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Perhaps...but I will wait for the day to come when someone puts their car our dyno, and it makes more power than their previous DJ numbers.

16. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

17. b reel

b reel Active Member

It's been said that a man with a watch always knows the correct time, but a man with two watches is never really sure.