Black Friday Discussion :)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alex, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Its a coming, keep the conversation in here :)

2. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

I have 30% off coupons for Nike factory stores from the 2-5th of December. Ill keep them in my car or come up to my store in the North Ga premium outlets. Other than that Ill see you guys in January as I will be doing nothing but working basically everyday from this point on, gotta love retail!

3. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

I will be sleeping in and probably wont leave the house :)

4. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Newegg.com all month. Done. Now I'm planning on sleeping in on Friday.

5. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Ill be at my Aunite Anne's pretzel shop in Chicago trying to hit our $5000 target for that day.

6. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

www.blackfriday.info

Also, RaceTrac is having free coffee on Black Friday. Rofl.
    They're getting one person per shift to do just coffee.

7. Alex

NewEgg has the 72 hour pre-sale. I'm hunting down for a new Plasma -- suggestions?

8. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

Most places will start their Black Friday pricing on Thursday via their online store:"; walmart, Best Buy, etc. The wife and I are looking to get ourselves a new TV for Xmas.

9. nygiant

nygiant Member

$8 blu ray dvds at best buy

10. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

What size plasma??
    Panasonic Plasma

11. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I am thinking about getting the Westinghouse 40" 1080P LCD TV they have at Target for $299. I have been reading that you can go to the store with the sku# now and buy it, then on Black Friday walk in anytime and they will refund the difference via their policy or price assurance. I really want a higher end TV or at least a plasma but I figure I won't find anything cheaper than the Westinghouse and the TV is only going in our bedroom.

12. nygiant

nygiant Member

panasonic makes the best plasma tv's right now

13. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

i'd be careful of that. big sales, a lot of stores have "limited quantity" so they don't go bankrupt.

14. integroid

Exactly, that is why I want to go buy it today instead of waiting all night for the 10-20 they have in the store on Friday. They hide them in the back:)

15. Alex

According to consumer reports you get a nice rounded bit from LG, Samsung and Pani. The guys over on AVS forum seem to love the Panis the most though.

And size? Probably something 42 to 50". Amazon is running a BF pre-sale at the moment. I sit about 8 feet away and will be wall mounting this bad boy :)

16. integroid

Link to TV you are looking at on Amazon?

17. Alex

18. Jake

Jake Active Member

that was NEVER the case at best buy. black friday items are usually a model number/letter off of the one you buy regularly, even tho they may be exactly the same otherwise. black friday items are also usually shrink wrapped in special colored wrap to their own pallets and employees are not allowed to open them for ANYONE or ANY REASON prior to friday. also, one day sales are exactly that, ONE DAY. we NEVER had to 'refund' the difference of anything that was on sale the next day after someone paid full price the day before.

plus your logic, it makes no sense. you'd still have to go up there on black friday and get your 'refund'. its gonna be insane all day.

so, good luck with that

19. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

I recently got a new Panasonic plasma and have been quite happy with it. I picked the TV I wanted and then just watched Amazon until I found the best price.

20. integroid

This is Target and not Best Buy.

There are already threads all over the internet regarding this TV and this method working at all Target stores if they will release the product to you.
    http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=2393737

for those too lazy to click
    "Yes, you can buy this TV before black Friday and get it Price Adjusted from Fri Nov 26th to Sat Nov 27th and receive the Black Friday Sale Price of 298$. Go to the customer service desk and ask them to look up the DPCI: 008-09-0740 if they have it in stock ask them to bring one up for you. Just bring your receipt into ANY Target during the sale dates to get your adjustment.
    NOW: No matter WHAT your manager tells you (mine almost got into a fist fight with me) you can do this. I called corporate 4 different times and spoke to 4 different CS Agents The first 2 calls were to confirm the Price adjustment policy . and the second 2 were to make sure there are NO restocking Fees; on TV's opened or not(keep all packing material). make sure to keep your receipt!!!!!!!"

21. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

I had thought about the target tv too.

I heard a commercial on the radio earlier that walmart will have a 32" lcd for $199. I'm mainly looking out for a laptop though.

22. Jake

Jake Active Member

well, thats just stupid on their part. im sure they can afford to take the loss. they should be making a profit even with those losses

23. Alex

Here are the Plasma's that consumer reports recommends taking a look at. These are the ones that are priced beneath $1000.00.

Panasonic Viera TC-P42U2
    LG 50PK540
    Panasonic Viera TC-P50U2
    Samsung PN50C450

All of the above are CR Best Buys. I don't think my budget allows for much over $1000.00 at this point.

24. integroid

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Well I got one PhD the tvs at target today. I had to go to 3 stores before one would release it to me. I figure if I don't find anything else on Friday, I will just keep it.

25. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

I ended up with the Panasonic TC-P42S2 (it ended up being cheaper than the U model on Amazon, well under $1k) If I could have afforded it, I would have gone with the 50" though.

26. integroid

27. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Nice! 599$? Talk about a bargain. And LG makes pretty good TVs.

28. Alex

I was going to post about that around 4AM last night :rofl: but the price had not updated.