Need Some Opinions/Help

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Bug-Rex, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

My Aunt recently called and said she left a late-ish model Mazda pickup in my driveway for me. Not sure what year as I am not home right now and wont be for a week or so. I do know that it is a 4cyl 5-spd 2 door.

So, with this new found vehicle, I want to turn it into a sleeper/DD. I know it sounds crazy, but hear me out.

Is it possible to put a big motor and transmission in it (LS1 or the likes)? Would put it on coilovers and strip/cage the interior so I can have a fun little track car/light DD duty. I don't know too much about motor/tranny swaps outside of the Subaru world.

Anyone have any insight on the subject?

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

With enough money and time you could do just about anything you wanted :)

You may want to research the model with the motor swappers once you return home.

3. Jake

Jake Active Member

i personally think anything other than using trucks for what they were intended (offroad, hauling, etc) is stupid, including lowering them, drag racing, etc. but to each his own. if i were in your position, and you were just gonna flush money down a truck, then i'd sell it if i were you.

4. Is it Ford-Mazda??That 4 is 2.3 same size as svo/turbo T-bird motor..

5. b reel

b reel Active Member

If a B-series after 1993 then a carbed 5.0L, C-4 auto trans, 8.8 rear end and a radiator are an easy swap. motor mounts and radiator are available through Summit. therangerstation.com is a great source of info

6. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2170387591909766901#

At 2:28. This is the reason I want to do this. I saw this video a few years ago and wanted a fast little track truck ever since.

7. b reel

b reel Active Member

You do realize that is an old Craftsman Truck series truck don't you?

8. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

I know its something thats fast as shit. I figure I can have a good time as well in a small-size with an LS2 in it.

9. Jake

Jake Active Member

i still stand behind my statement. the nascar craftsman truck series does not get my jollies off