Vacation ideas.....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Cool_____, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

My wife and I are gonna team up with our friends (2 adults and 3 kids) and try to do a week long (2 weekends) vacation. Any ideas for something out of the state of SC and NC? The biggest hurdle we are facing is money.....our friends are not able to spend a lot so we would like to find lodging for $800 or less for the week. I know it's a stretch but I've seen plenty of deals for such. Any ideas that won't be miserable in the month of June?

Me personally since Richard would be with me is to drive out west somewhere. However we don't want to do tents and camping for this. Would love to keep it simple. I'm dying to go to the Grand Canyons but I dunno if I can find lodging that far out.

Any ideas guys? We all just want to do something different.

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

1. It's Canyon. There's only one. ;)

2. Western North Carolina has cabins. Lots of them for cheap. I know you wanted to get out of there, but its where I would go.

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Does the G Canyon offer yurts?

4. Not sure if you are into history or anything... but Williamsburg is a pretty cool place. Its probably more touristy now than it used to be (I haven't been since the early 90's) but it has a lot to do and affordable lodging. I'm pretty sure they have kids groups so the adults can have some time to themselves if they want. There's the historic part but they also have Busch Gardens and a water park nearby. There are websites where you can book package deals that cover lodging and tickets. Always a good way to save some money.

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Also have Edisto Island -- Beach front should be quite affordable this time of year. It's a cool island with a good bit of history and almost zero commercialization :) But, I am sure you already knew that. There's a metric ton of random oddities in South Georgia like Providence Canyon, Okefenokee, Savannah, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2010
  6. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Any ideas that won't be miserable in the month of June

He asked for june..

7. b reel

b reel Active Member

Canadian F1 Grand Prix June 12

8. b reel

b reel Active Member

of course you will have to take the exchange rate in consideration by then...

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

LOL Edisto was mentioned and I used to live 30 mins from there. Pretty nice and cool place.

Matt yes the western NC mountains just may still be in the running......may just go to the Tenn side. I want to see something different and not the same ol.

Any recommendations on affordable cabins? We really just need 3 bedrooms.

10. Travis and I stayed in Maggie Valley once via Smoky Falls Rental Cabins. The prices were really cheap and some have firepits and hot tubs outside (maybe not the best for June but it might get cool at night up on the mountain). They have weekly rental rates which are really affordable for the size cabin you need. There isn't much to do in Maggie Valley but Waynesville and Lake Junaleska are close by and its a pretty short drive to Cherokee and Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge areas. We were there during a snowstorm but I'm sure its nice during the summer too. We've talked about going back up there someday. The people that own the cabins are really nice and live up in this huge cabin near all of the others.

Here is their website and a link directly to the cabin choices/prices:

http://www.smokyfalls.com/

Cabins: http://smokyfalls.com/cgi-bin/lm/exec/search.cgi?search=1&perpage=12&marknew=1&euro_numbers=0&lfield3_min=&lfield3_max=&lfield4_min=&lfield4_max=&lfield2_keyword=&lfield23_min=&lfield8_keyword=&lfield21_keyword=&search=++Search+Listings++

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks for that link. Those cabins are a very good deal!

12. Glad to help. We had a lot of fun up there. Its really cool how some of the cabins have game rooms too. Funny story though...when we got there we heard meowing and there was a cat trapped inside the wall...totally random. They came and rescued it though.

13. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

You could look somewhere in blue ridge.. its only about 45mim-1hr from the shop... they would never notice if you dipped out for a bit to come get tuned :)

14. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

LAWLZ. I'll be coming to get tuned in the next 2-3 months so it'll be before that ;)

15. nygiant

nygiant Member

Amsterdam

16. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

LULZ if I'm gonna go overseas we going to Ireland. But no for now :(

17. b reel

b reel Active Member