What car to get next?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by oneiguy, Nov 26, 2010.

1. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Looks like after this last vacation we will be getting something bigger here soon. Something with a 3rd row. My choice is the Sienna, but the boss doesn't want to do the whole minivan thing. She likes the Ford Flex. I want to stay under 40k. Thoughts?

2. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

The Ford Flex looks pretty good. It might as well be a minivan for what it is.
    You're keeping the wagon though, right?

3. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

I would like to

4. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

What about the ford exploder?

5. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

do they even still make that?

6. b reel

b reel Active Member

7. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

New or broken in?
    They still make the explorer. GMC Arcadia has a 3rd row as does the Honda Pilot.

8. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Tribeca...

9. superdoughboy4

Lol. No question about it. Get another Subie.

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

small suv. my moms MDX was awesome. not sure if the RDX has a third row, but its turboed. always loved a 4runner, especially 04-current. or even a rav-4. i really love the styling on the ford edge, and a friend of mine has a ford escape that is pretty nice

11. techlord

techlord Active Member

How many kids? We have a 05 Tahoe and wish it was the suburban. On trips space becomes a problem.

12. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Wait a little and pick up a used 2010 Flex with the eco boost twin turbo. Then you can both be happy driving the car.

13. Matt

...none of those choices have even an optional 3rd row....

14. That third row is useless unless you don't have legs and there's no cargo room with the third row up. I really wish they would improve that.

15. b reel

b reel Active Member

I think he's up to twelve, that he knows of

16. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Ford Excursion....Diesel....Lift Kit.....Nitto Terra Grapplers and Beadlock wheels. Blacked out

There you go....Your welcome.

17. techlord

techlord Active Member

^^too big and too tall.
    get an older suburban (05ish as the turn radius is way better than the newer) with the 373 or 411 rear so it can move from a dead stop faster than a human.
    Z71 package and 22's to complete the look

18. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Going to look at tt flex Monday.

19. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

The Flex is a nice car and is on my short list as a replacement for the xb and the mini van.

The only downside I found so far was the brakes but thats an easy fix.

20. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Stick with japanese. The honda odyssey or the new nissan van are pretty good choices if you're looking for third row. Not sure if you want a van though (but if you have kids, the four captain chairs are really handy). I personally would stay away from the ford flex. The Pilot is pretty nice, but the vans are more comfty. If you wanna spend an extra 40k on top of your current price, forget the third row, and get a Cayenne.

21. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Since I've been detailing cars majority of vehicles I see with a 3rd row are GM's. I think the Sequoia has a 3rd row if you want to stick with Japanese. Ford seems to be stepping there game up, but if I were to go Ford I'd probably do Lincoln, like a used Navigator or something so you can get some luxury features. Best of luck, hope you can keep the scooby!

22. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

I didn't like the flex. Test drove the srx it was to small. looking are the sienna next week. We also looked at the tribeca a well and it might work.

23. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

my parents have the buick enclave. I believe that's the same thing. It's a good cross between large / small. I like it

24. Jake

Jake Active Member

dude, i'm telling you. check out those honda/acura and toyota/lexus offerings for maintenance longevity.

25. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Does the SRT 8 Jeep have the third row of seating you require?

26. superdoughboy4

My mom drives the Sienna. I like it. It's roomy, comfortable, and 3 rows of seats are awesome.
    It's the 07 model, so the new one is probably even tons better.

27. nygiant

nygiant Member

my vote for an SRT8 Grand Cherokee as well

28. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

We have a 2010 Odyssey. Great vehicle! Plenty of room for anything you want to carry. Don't like the look of the 2011's. Plenty of used 20005-2010 (same basic body style) out there though.

Pretty reliable. Earlier Honda V6's had tranny issues, but I think the more recent ones are fixed best I can tell.

29. Trey

Trey Active Member

The RDX is basically a turbo CRV, I have one. No third row too. MDX doesn't have one either.

30. Trey

Trey Active Member

The Highlander may have a 3rd row too. Nice ride!

31. Matt

I've yet to see a Highlander with a 3rd row. It is a very nice ride, but it's about the same size as the new Forester (I compared to 2 side by side)

32. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Good choice on 2005-2010 odyssey. My 2004 is on it's second tranny so any year after is pretty safe.

33. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

looks like the wife likes the tribeca. So now it's down to color, package, which dealer, and which car to trade in.

34. superdoughboy4

Anything but the wagon.

Also, white.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  35. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

It's a material item. I can buy another one later, or even better yet something better.

36. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

i did a used car inspection on an acura mdx and it was pretty nice

37. superdoughboy4

What other options do you have to trade in?

38. FACE

FACE Active Member

I will say after driving my doctors mdx they are nice but I dint think they have th room your looking for.