Android App: Thinking about writing one for the forum, who wants to help?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alex, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I just downloaded the Android SDK and am interested in writing my first application for it. I thought that writing a small, and basic application, that displays the contents of our community forum in such a way that is naitive to the display sizes of phones and easier to interact with. I figured that this could be an excellent way to learn and understand how the Android environment works. FWIW, NASIOC's app works pretty dang well but I am not suggesting that we make a clone of it. I want the project to be based on learning how Android works for future app-writing.

My question is would anyone else be interested in joining me on building this application? I assume that once we set out the design criteria, formulate the structure for the code and actually wrote the app...and it works, we could port the idea to the iOS.

This thread could be used to brainstorm features or ideas that we find suitable to be built into the application. The brainstorming really serves to help understand how to take our ideas, break them up and create modular components that different individuals could contribute to.

Alex

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2010
  2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I would be if I actually had Android device.

3. Alex

And who's fault is that? :clap:

4. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

For m.wrxatlanta.com, just have a login, and then NEW POSTS. Lol.

5. Alex

Yeah, and that's available to the supporting members only as that software costs some coin :) I want to develop something for all of us to use that just, well that just works and works well.

6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yours....you stole my money! LOL

7. Alex

:rofl: If that's the case, then where'd I put it? Because I sure as hell cannot find it.

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

9. tolnep

tolnep Member

convert romraider to run on it, then code up a tactrix 2.0/usb interface to connect it to then use your droid as a logging and display device.

i would ask for a access tuner race version but you cant get the source code.... which i'd like myself so i could set it up to run on win2k8 r2 64 bit os that i run on my laptop.

10. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

What the fuck?

11. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Can't help on the tech side... but, I'm an Android app junky, so I'd be happy to get in on brainstroming for ideas.