Anyone know of Lift Ticket deals for NC ski resorts?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mindspin311, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Mindspin311

Mindspin311 Member

Headed to Sugar Mtn in January. F paying full price for lift tickets. Any suggestions?

2. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

you missed the boat, all the specials ended December 1st. The only option you'll have is to buy somebody's half pass off of them, just don't let the mountain catch you or you'll both be booted. The only other idea I can think of is sometimes they'll do local specials, but you'll need to know somebody in that area.

Unfortunately, Boone has the best skiing in the southeast and they know it...they hold you by the balls when it comes to lift tickets

edit - i remember looking at group trips and they offered discounts, but they usually had to be bundled with a condo / hotel, and most that I saw were 4 night minimums

3. Mindspin311

Mindspin311 Member

4. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

having to pay $75 for an NC lift ticket should be criminal. F sugar mountain

5. Mindspin311

Mindspin311 Member

Word. They're the best, in NC. But hardly "the best".

6. 07Ltd#767

depends on what you're looking for. All mountain, maybe, but that's up for debate, too. App and Beech have better terrain parks (yes, plural), and Beech has a high speed quad. Cataloochee's only 3 hours north of Atlanta and actually a fun little mountain...it's the one we've been hitting up for the past few weekends. Still not saying much, but again, the best we've got...

Dec 1 was the official start to the season...

7. tolnep

tolnep Member

you can jump on a plane and be in salt lake city in a good deal less time than it takes to drive to NC. theres 6 to 8 killer hills there. havent been there a 3 or 4 years but my guess it aint much more money. not hard to find a nice hotel in places like sandy.

only issue is it almost impossible to find real beer..

8. Mindspin311

Mindspin311 Member

Wanna pay for my flight + bag fees to Utah?

9. Mindspin311

Mindspin311 Member

Im trying to get to Cataloochee before New Years. Got a cabin booked with 7 other friends for late Jan. up at Sugar.

I learned to ride in 2008 in Philly, then lost my job and had to move back here. And now Im dying to ride again.

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Id love to see Utah in the winter. Spent a few days all over the state earlier this year and really loved the scenery.

11. subigrl

subigrl Member

utah is the best for west coast skiing IMO. If you fly in and ski the day of, they let you use your ticket as a free voucher for the first day. Friendly people, free transportation to park city, the canyons and deer valley.

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

You guys are closer than I am to Boone but I can't stand Sugar Mtn......I rather drive 3 more hours and go to Snowshoe.

13. 07Ltd#767

they all have their ups and downs...beech has the highspeed quad, sugar has better terrain, app has more terrain parks. For us in Atlanta, cataloochee is one of the best deals...decent all mountain, decent terrain parks, 3 hours from downtown in maggie valley. It's 5 hours for us to boone, 8-9 to get to snowshoe. At that point, fly my ass out west...it's not that much more expensive