Wagunz_pwn's Wagon

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by wagunz_pwn, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Megadeth2118

Megadeth2118 Member

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

looks good! I'm about to get them to re-do mine to match the new interior.

3. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

U try those fog lights

4. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

yep...they work. now I need upgraded headlight bulbs.

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Looks sick installed dude!

6. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

and secured properly. Thanks again for the amazing piece of craftsmanship. :bowdown:

7. b reel

b reel Active Member

what's next?

8. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

brake pads...then maybe a wrapped armrest, ebrake or steering wheel. :naughty:

9. b reel

b reel Active Member

I've got a set of rear pads you can have (not cheap ones), the arm rest would take about 10 minutes. The rest is all Alex and Joe

10. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

Looking good! for a wagon lol

11. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

New turbo arrived today to replace the vf34. This is a BNR Supercars Evo III 16g.

Swap will happen this weekend and tune is scheduled for Tuesday at 9am at TopSpeed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  12. K. Marx

K. Marx Member

^^^
    Verah nice! Gerrrrraaaate successsssss!!!!

Been glancing at your thread off and on... you have a beautiful wagon.

Very interested to see what numbers you put down. Are you using this in conjunction with 650cc injectors? How many miles do you have on your engine now?

13. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Thank you...I see your old wagon almost everyday at work. Chris is taking good care of it.

Same injectors. Going to a silicone inlet / after-maf. I think the car has right around 110,000. We just did a compression check and a 4 #'s were solid.

I really don't think the numbers will be much different from the vf34...I just hope it spools faster!

14. K. Marx

K. Marx Member

I'm betting on similar spool with a surprisingly stronger top end... I wouldn't be surprised if you managed to hit 300whp on their dyno with that turbo in this weather.

Glad to hear Chris is taking care of the wagon, but I could tell he would. Honestly, it looks better than it did the day I sold it to him.

I am soooooo tempted to jump the gun and do bigger turbo and injectors on my 02 wagon. It has a 135,000 miles and I initially said said I wouldn't do it, but you know how that goes.

I'm guessing Doug is going to tune it, right? Still going the Accessport route?

And, uhhhhhhh, now that I think about it, what did you do with your VF34? :naughty:

15. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

vf34 is still on the car. I believe it's on it's last legs. Breel describes the sound as a bobcat getting stepped on by pachyderm.

Yes, Doug is doing the Cobb tune.

16. K. Marx

K. Marx Member

HAH! Yeah, sounds like it's about done. Ugh, IHI and their non rebuildable turbos.

Oh well... You know Doug will lay a Hell of a tune on it and I can't wait to see the results. On my old car I was really happy with the ported "small" 16G, but always wondered if I should have gone Evo III. I'm using you as my guide to what could have been or maybe even what could be with my current ride. :)

Good luck and keep us posted!

17. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

I might swing up and hang on tune day

18. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

That looks fun. Make sure you post up numbers when you get them.

19. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Just curious what made choose that turbo over a HTA68?

20. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

HTA68 sucks donkey balls on a 2.0L.

You'll cross 300 hp if that turbo is done right. I say 308hp and 280 tq.

21. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Very nice.

22. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

what coolrex said and the fact that I'm still going to run the 650cc injectors.

23. Jake

Jake Active Member

nice pickup. excited to see numbers

24. Alex

Gonna make the ladies say wheeee!

25. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Tuesday = Tuneday...heading up to TS shortly! :wiggle:

26. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Good luck!

27. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

word to the wise; when upgrading your turbo...remember to upgrade your oil line as well. Some turbo's need more oil than the stock line provides.

Long story short...turbo is dead, getting it fixed this weekend. 2nd tune attempt in a couple of weeks.

28. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Dang man sorry to hear that

29. Matt

Damn dude. That sucks.

30. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

So what's your current mod list? Looks like you have a lot of money and sweat in this car. :)

31. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Sucks. The Mitsu 20g's use stock sized lines! This makes no sense.

32. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Stock housings do no mean stock internals.

On a postive note...I was at the same power level with my vf34 before Doug called it quits. He knew something was wrong and it just wasn't making any power. :naughty:

Thanks again to Breel and Doug for all of their help through this!

33. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

lesson learned...

[​IMG]

34. b reel

b reel Active Member

and Ped, 420, and Travis's right foot.

35. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

um...did I miss something?

And BLOOD. I'll work on the updates to the mod list as I just added a Forge Re-Circ BPV and a Grimspeed EBCS.

Tune is Saturday. Updates to follow.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  36. Megadeth2118

Megadeth2118 Member

I was the official brake stomper...and flashlight holder. :banana:

37. Alex

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SCH-I500 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Feels good doesnt it? ;)

38. b reel

b reel Active Member

Travis was working the brake pedal and was clean unlike Ped an I.

39. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

40. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

That is strange...I know plenty of people that use the stock banjo bolt with bigger turbo than you have. Did you prime the oil to the turbo before you started the car for the first time? I know Deadbolt use to swear that if you didn't it would grenade your turbo.

41. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

^^ yes, they said they did and we did again this time.
    And you're right Eddie. I've got a Deadbolt running with the stock banjo bolt.

42. motomark

motomark Loudest fuel pump Tucker Supporting Member

My spin/research on oil line for Mitsu center section turbos

The Forced Performance line kit includes a banjo bolt and it's orifice is specific to the Mitsubishi center section. The Mitsu center section most definitely requires more oil supply than the IHI's do.

I worried about the FP turbo line kit as it feeds off the passenger side AVCS, but the more reading and logs I looked at, the AVCS does not really "consume" oil per se, just the hydraulic pressure advances the cams. Is there some minor variability in oil pressure as the AVCS goes from 0 advance to full advance (i.e. ~20 degrees)? Probably some change in fluid pressure, but the change in fluid pressure based on rpm is more influential to the oil the turbo sees than the AVCS's affect on the oil the turbo sees.

Basically, I've decided the FP line kit design is good. On my LGT the AVCS gets full oil pressure from the factory hard line on the back of the block that goes DOWN. The UP hard line has a factory restriction built into the factory hard line.

Some people have apparently drilled out the factory restriction in the UP section of hardline and utilized the stock UP hardline to feed the turbo, but they also changed the banjo bolt that goes into the turbo

FP kit caps the stock UP hard line and uses full flow oil from AVCS and controls pressure with banjo orifice + turbo housing orifice.

Love or hate FP, this line kit does seem to address oil concerns for a Mitsu center section.

43. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I drove an 18g (same Mitsu center that FP uses) for 160,000 miles on the stock banjo. They must have changed the Mitsu center housings or either the other turbo makes (Blouch, Deadbolt, etc) are using a diff center cartridge than FP/BNR.

44. b reel

b reel Active Member

I have said 18g along with the original center section from Matt's car. Will be comparing the two this evening and will post up pics

45. b reel

b reel Active Member

and it was your bolt I drilled out and chamfered

46. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

are you getting tuned Saturday? If I head over to the outlets I'll stop by

47. Matt

I'm going to go with yes...

48. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Thank you Doug@TopSpeed! :bowdown: